Back To The 70's

The owner of Girard-Peter was Gerry Reyes (he resembles Hajji Alejandro - small, maporma mega-mustache envelope bag toting. Benz driving-type) and wife Daisy Izon-Reyes. They were rich na rin even before they started the GP models and yes, they became richer... they actually made a pile from semi-tactful pimping of the models. Curious lang.. what career / biz-shift did this couple do?

I remember the REYES couple (and met them a few times in the early 80's) because one of my college study-batch/ groupmates worked for them. She was earning about Php 15,000 THEN not to mention gifts from her "patrons" had her own apartment and was driving a brand new Toyota Liftback. She worked as GP model to help herself and her brothers to finish college But soon after graduation, she stopped, and took a simple job as Bank Teller earning (then) Php 1,200 which was really quite admirable to start a normal life. She worked her way up, married a simple decent hardworking man, became a lawyer and is now an SVP of one of the leading banks.

Hi Augustmoon! Musta na.

I never met the couple, only the father of Daisy, the late artist Esmeraldo Izon. He was a friend of my dad when they worked together in some publications in the 60s. I was able to "witness" some of the shows and the nude sketching sessions they did in the late seventies.

The first woman I saw wearing a t-back was a GP model.

Lets have an eb soon.

Hi Augustmoon! Musta na.

I never met the couple, only the father of Daisy, the late artist Esmeraldo Izon. He was a friend of my dad when they worked together in some publications in the 60s. I was able to "witness" some of the shows and the nude sketching sessions they did in the late seventies.

The first woman I saw wearing a t-back was a GP model.

Lets have an eb soon.

First time here. 70s child din po.

Didn't Esmeraldo Izon draw for the Philippines Free Press?

May napanood ako years ago pa sa VHS--"Sex in Phil. Cinema" which was basically a collection of sex clips from the 70s Bomba genre up to the early 80s. Would you know if this is already available in DVD format in Quiapo or elsewhere? That colllection included the classic rape scene of Ma. Isabel Lopez by a horde of salivating and hungry menyaks. :cool:

But what was really amusing and comedic was that clip showing Romy Diaz and George Estregan taking turns nailing some starlet in the 70s. :upside:

=================================================================

Yap, Sex in Phil.Cinema is available DVD format but batched together as part 1 to 5. Bought it at Hidalgo, malapit sa Jolibee, sa kabila ng Plaza Miranda. Di ko nakita yung clip nina Diaz and Estregan. :rolleyes:

Hi Storm. Kamusta na? Send my regards to Bing. We have been very busy the past year, wala na talagang time for socials. Hopefully, magka time mag EB sometime soon..

Para di ma OT.. Esmeraldo Izon was a graphic artist diba?

Si Nonoy Marcelo noong 70's nag break out as a political satirist / cartoonist. Nandito pa ba siya sa Pilipinas?

Edited by augustmoon
=================================================================

Yap, Sex in Phil.Cinema is available DVD format but batched together as part 1 to 5. Bought it at Hidalgo, malapit sa Jolibee, sa kabila ng Plaza Miranda. Di ko nakita yung clip nina Diaz and Estregan. :rolleyes:

Gotta check this out....truly hilarious ung Diaz-Estregan tag team...would u know if the husband and wife team of Scarlet Revilla and Ricky (Balisong) Rogers are also in the collection (b & w nga lang). :goatee:

Hi Storm. Kamusta na? Send my regards to Bing. We have been very busy the past year, wala na talagang time for socials. Hopefully, magka time mag EB sometime soon..

Para di ma OT.. Esmeraldo Izon was a graphic artist diba?

Si Nonoy Marcelo noong 70's nag break out as a political satirist / cartoonist. Nandito pa ba siya sa Pilipinas?

============================================================

Nonoy Marcelo passed away late 90s. I think his last project was a book about Malabon. Dont know if it was released. I was about to offer the project together with Navotas but meron na palang naka pending na work niya during the time.

Gotta check this out....truly hilarious ung Diaz-Estregan tag team...would u know if the husband and wife team of Scarlet Revilla and Ricky (Balisong) Rogers are also in the collection (b & w nga lang). :goatee:

=============================================================================

Oh, the DVD I was referring to was the movies during the 90s na. Not the Myra Mnibog, Isabel, Estregan, Cristina Crisol years. I used to have those sa VHS format pero wala na akong VHS player kaya nandito na lang gathering dust. Pati Betamax tapes nabubulok na lang dito. Hard to find Betamax players nowadays.

==============================================================================

George died of bone cancer.

sorry to hear that, my apologies,

pero tutuong manyak sya grabe? daig daw si erap?

anyone have the Vivian Velez Rudy Farinas Video?

I used to have it when I was a kid, played it my betamax, (i still have a betamax, i remember bumili ako dalawang 5200 kay Alex sa Ambassador sa Virra Mall, pati yung pong kong binili kay alex, andon ba sa bodega... si Alex, for those who know him, still looks the same, naka tshirt lang, but with Ambassador Appliances everywhere from Shangri-La to Park Square 1, baka naka Lamborghini na yan sa bahay)

Vivian Velez was hot, nag shooting sila sa bahay namin (sa kwarto ko pa!, kaya kahit bata lang ako non, watch ako ng shooting, bold! E kwarto ko yon no?)

Edited by ElRey

Apo Ferdie has no trust for Fidel ....

Fidel knows too that he will not be Chief in Ferdie's time ....

nice anecdotes, I remember following events at the time and one of General Fidel Ramos' "frustrations" was that while General Ver was under investigation for the murder of Ninoy Aquino, Marcos installed Ramos as "Acting" Chief of Staff, never actually giving him the title or position officially,
sorry to hear that, my apologies,

pero tutuong manyak sya grabe? daig daw si erap?

anyone have the Vivian Velez Rudy Farinas Video?

I used to have it when I was a kid, played it my betamax, (i still have a betamax, i remember bumili ako dalawang 5200 kay Alex sa Ambassador sa Virra Mall, pati yung pong kong binili kay alex, andon ba sa bodega)

Vivian Velez was hot, nag shooting sila sa bahay namin (sa kwarto ko pa!, kaya kahit bata lang ako non, watch ako ng shooting, bold! E kwarto ko yon no?)

================================================================================

mas grabe talaga si George, face frontal pa...si Erap, manyak din, pero hindi naman ganun ka bulgar.

Yap, I have the Vivian Rudy video, nabubulog nga lang kasi wala na akong betamax ans VHS. I have this collection nuon. sayang nga lang, puro na fu fungus na lang

============================================================

Nonoy Marcelo passed away late 90s. I think his last project was a book about Malabon. Dont know if it was released. I was about to offer the project together with Navotas but meron na palang naka pending na work niya during the time.

Nonoy Marcelo died just 4-5 years ago, and his latest project was a comic book for the Office of the Pres. (Presidential Monitoring Staff, I think) which his wife and brother were able to package & have published posthumously.

================================================================================

mas grabe talaga si George, face frontal pa...si Erap, manyak din, pero hindi naman ganun ka bulgar.

Yap, I have the Vivian Rudy video, nabubulog nga lang kasi wala na akong betamax ans VHS. I have this collection nuon. sayang nga lang, puro na fu fungus na lang

maayos pa kaya yung tapes?

i still have beta player kaso sa tagal baka hindi na rin umaandar.

meron kaya nyan sa kahit vcd format?

maayos pa kaya yung tapes?

i still have beta player kaso sa tagal baka hindi na rin umaandar.

meron kaya nyan sa kahit vcd format?

======================================================================

Di ko na alam status nitong tapes. Tagal na kasing natutulog. pero since na huling napanood ko siya sa beta nuon ng brother ko, maayos pa siya. pero nasira na rin yung machine eversince.

Please check images of my exhibit at the Hiraya gallery website. http://www.hiraya.com/exhibits/brass/default.asp

There will be a morning eb on Saturday at the Hiraya Gallery. Hope to you there. Warm regards to all.

@bakerstreet and revellin.

Welcome to the thread, post lang ng post!

Ano ba yan, Storm..AGE-appropriate time na ba iyan? bawal mapuyat ang mga ka-edad natin? :rolleyes:

Congrats on your exhibit.

Ano ba yan, Storm..AGE-appropriate time na ba iyan? bawal mapuyat ang mga ka-edad natin? :rolleyes:

Congrats on your exhibit.

Hehehe!!!! This is a different gallery from the first one in Pasay where hanggang madaling araw pwede. This gallery opens from 9am-5pm, tapos merong shutterbugs eb ng Saturday morning till noon dun mismo sa gallery. Hope to see you there.

Hehehe!!!! This is a different gallery from the first one in Pasay where hanggang madaling araw pwede. This gallery opens from 9am-5pm, tapos merong shutterbugs eb ng Saturday morning till noon dun mismo sa gallery. Hope to see you there.

Where is the HIRAYA GALLERY exactly located? :thumbsupsmiley: