Back To The 70's

==========================================================

Ummm, nice piece of trivia. Where does Pilar Pilapil comes in? I think she came ahead of Alma in Pidol's lovelife. by the way...BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TITO DOLPHY!!! Hanggang ngayon, no one ever comes close to you entertaining us.

Pilar Pilapil was the girlfriend of Dolphy shortly after winning Ms. Philippines in 1967...her romance with Dolphy was shortlived..then after, Doy Laurel came into the picture...as everybody knows..and sired a daughter named Pia.

huh? Pasaknungan sa sta cruz?

no no

Pasaknungan is a violin ensemble that had imeldific as their benefactor.

the group usually played when international dignitaries came over during the time of macoy, eg van cliburn, pope paul VI, etc.

pag gustong magpasiklab ni koymax sa mga bwisita niyang international (also during imee's, bong2, irene's bday in malacanang, etc.), pasaknungan and pangkat kawayan were the ones, and the only ones, who were called to perform, no one else. this was during the 70s.

=============================================================

hehehe, i was referring to Mayor Lacson, whose status now stands in Sta.Cruz in front of Isetann.

After Arsenio (aka "Arsenic") Lacson, was it Antonio (Yeba) Villegas who took over as Manila Mayor? I recall his Yeba 1 and Yeba 2 fire-fighting boats docked at Pasig River right at the back of what was once PLDT bldg. in Intramuros. Dumi ng Maynila during his reign as Mayor.

===================================================

Nope, magkaiba sila. I think Sajid is older than Ronnie. Pero pareho silang Sri Lankan, Ronnie being a converted filipino citizen by virtue of a presidential decree.

Thanks for the info, bro. Kasi, if I'm not mistaken, in one TV appearance in the early 80's, I think Ronnie N. jokingly alluded to himself as being sajid khan. But I think sajid khan visited the Philippines at one point in the late 60's.

Pilar Pilapil was the girlfriend of Dolphy shortly after winning Ms. Philippines in 1967...her romance with Dolphy was shortlived..then after, Doy Laurel came into the picture...as everybody knows..and sired a daughter named Pia.

The romance between Dolphy and Pilar Pilapil started on the set of El Pinoy Matador, a movie shot entirely in Spain. One of the biggest box office hit of the decade.

The romance between Dolphy and Pilar Pilapil started on the set of El Pinoy Matador, a movie shot entirely in Spain. One of the biggest box office hit of the decade.

================================================================

Yeah, one of the best. I remember my mom and I watched the movie after view the moon rock exhibit (rock was shown at a Science fair sa Pasay taft - ang haba ng pila just to see a glimpse of that small piece of rock which became a celebrity that year). I also purchased a 34 rpm record of the song sang by Panchito in the said movie. I think it was shot in Spain. Nahuli pa daw si Pidol kasi naglalaba sa kalye (shooting a scene).

After Arsenio (aka "Arsenic") Lacson, was it Antonio (Yeba) Villegas who took over as Manila Mayor? I recall his Yeba 1 and Yeba 2 fire-fighting boats docked at Pasig River right at the back of what was once PLDT bldg. in Intramuros. Dumi ng Maynila during his reign as Mayor.

============================================================================

Villegas - a poor man from Tondo daw then when he became mayor biglang natira sa Forbes Park! It was during his administration that the Quiapo "freeway" (the one in front of Roman Super Cinerama then) was constructed. I was studying then sa Quiapo Parochial School, ang hirap sumakay. parating puno ang jeepneys dahil sa tapat pa lang ng old Life theater, naghahabulan na mga passengers. I have to make "round trip" pa from Quiapo to Pier then back to Quiapo papunta sa Dapitan. Super trapik nuon. Imagine from Quiapo straight to Dapitan (near Albert Elementary School), it took us around 2 hours dahil nga sa construction. Re routing pa. That was the first time I got a glimpse of the steel church - San Sebastian.

Thanks for the info, bro. Kasi, if I'm not mistaken, in one TV appearance in the early 80's, I think Ronnie N. jokingly alluded to himself as being sajid khan. But I think sajid khan visited the Philippines at one point in the late 60's.

=================================================================

Sajid visited the country late 60s and early 70s. He was paired with Nora Aunor. Alam mo naman, hit na hit si La Onor nuon. There movie was "The Singing Filipina"

============================================================================

Villegas - a poor man from Tondo daw then when he became mayor biglang natira sa Forbes Park!

It was rumored then that he was either a pedophile or a gay.

The fiesty Labor Leader, Roberto Oca, during his campaign for the Manila mayoralty vs. Villegas challenged the incumbent at a fist fight at Plaza Miranda mano-a-mano. Villegas laughed at ang ignored Oca who eventually lost the election. :upside:

It was rumored then that he was either a pedophile or a gay.

The fiesty Labor Leader, Roberto Oca, during his campaign for the Manila mayoralty vs. Villegas challenged the incumbent at a fist fight at Plaza Miranda mano-a-mano. Villegas laughed at ang ignored Oca who eventually lost the election. :upside:

======================================================================

Also the boxing match (inside law office) of Apo Ferdie and Lacson. Dont know who won or nagka awatan

anybody remember the bombastic radio announcer DAMIAN SOTO?

villegas - yeba!

Yeah, nakakatakot hahaha. ang dami na sigurong nasirang la mesa nuon sa kababagsak ng kamao. He was a nationalistic freak. There was this proposal of his na palitan ang mga bus and jeepneys ng "karitela bus" para daw walang pollution. Yung dumi ng kabayo puwede daw kunin pang fertilizer. Prophetic comments. Patay na siya, no? May mga gumagaya pero hindi na sumikat.

Yeah, nakakatakot hahaha. ang dami na sigurong nasirang la mesa nuon sa kababagsak ng kamao. He was a nationalistic freak. There was this proposal of his na palitan ang mga bus and jeepneys ng "karitela bus" para daw walang pollution. Yung dumi ng kabayo puwede daw kunin pang fertilizer. Prophetic comments. Patay na siya, no? May mga gumagaya pero hindi na sumikat.

at walang mtrcb o kbp....mura kaliwat-kanan!

miss ko na rin mga talakan sa plaza miranda (local version of hyde park)...

Paborito ng lola ko si Damian Sotto...bagsik magmura sa radyo. Was banned by Marcos at the onset of Martial Law, kasabayan ni Paeng Yabut (ilang beses niratrat, ngiwi na ang bibig...buhay pa rin.) :upside:

Paborito ng lola ko si Damian Sotto...bagsik magmura sa radyo. Was banned by Marcos at the onset of Martial Law, kasabayan ni Paeng Yabut (ilang beses niratrat, ngiwi na ang bibig...buhay pa rin.) :upside:
\=========

=====================================================================

The last broadcast of the late Paeng Yabut before he was shot I heard was at 6pm. Dont know the date. Narinig ko lang kasi idol siya ng tita ko. He was discussing about how short the skirts the women during those time wore. Kita daw ang panty kapag sumasakay sa kalesa. Kinikilig pa habang sinasabi niya yun. He survived the assassination attempt. Bakit nga ba daw siya binaril?

\=========

=====================================================================

The last broadcast of the late Paeng Yabut before he was shot I heard was at 6pm. Dont know the date. Narinig ko lang kasi idol siya ng tita ko. He was discussing about how short the skirts the women during those time wore. Kita daw ang panty kapag sumasakay sa kalesa. Kinikilig pa habang sinasabi niya yun. He survived the assassination attempt. Bakit nga ba daw siya binaril?

i believe he survived 2 assasination attempts d last one ws splashed all over the papers. everybody thought he was a goner until he recovered with his face contoured from the bullet wounds...he died of a heart attack sometime in the late 90s.

another feisty journalist-commentator who also survived various attempts vs. his life was RUTHER BATUIGAS. Astig din ang kamoteng ito...esp. when he succesfully negotiated for the surrender of the dreaded serial killer Waway. :headsetsmiley:

i believe he survived 2 assasination attempts d last one ws splashed all over the papers. everybody thought he was a goner until he recovered with his face contoured from the bullet wounds...he died of a heart attack sometime in the late 90s. another feisty journalist-commentator who also survived various attempts vs. his life was RUTHER BATUIGAS. Astig din ang kamoteng ito...esp. when he succesfully negotiated for the surrender of the dreaded serial killer Waway. :headsetsmiley:
=======================================================================and I also heard then, but, correct me if am wrong, around late 60s ata yun, si TOOTHPICK? Sino ba yun?
i believe he survived 2 assasination attempts d last one ws splashed all over the papers. everybody thought he was a goner until he recovered with his face contoured from the bullet wounds...he died of a heart attack sometime in the late 90s. another feisty journalist-commentator who also survived various attempts vs. his life was RUTHER BATUIGAS. Astig din ang kamoteng ito...esp. when he succesfully negotiated for the surrender of the dreaded serial killer Waway. :headsetsmiley:
=======================================================================and I also heard then, but, correct me if am wrong, around late 60s ata yun, si TOOTHPICK? Sino ba yun?