Back To The 70's

correction, august moon, ikaw siguro yung nalasing kagabi, ah...

the wine flight was composed of, in chronological order of consumption: 2002 Hitching Post Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir (ala sideways); Casillero del Diablo Merlot 2003 Chile; Ottimino Little 8 2002 Zinfandel Von Weidlich Vineyard Russian River Valley; and Riddoch Coonawarra 2002 Shiraz.

For tasting notes, i have to refer you guys to the wine-savvy thread (Travel & Cuisine). but before i could post there, i have to rid myself of this hang-over of a great evening of fun, good company and music and best memories. :cool:

Edited by masi

Hi guys, thanks for welcoming us. Your wonderful hospitality is truly one of a kind. Masi, I'm no expert, but I liked the Shiraz best. Bods, Liberty, augustmoon, pinoy and 16track...it was great to meet you guys at last...looking forward to more EBs! I'll leave the wine-selections to the experts though, I'll bring the salami, cheese and crackers next time.

Storm and JT, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!

Augustmoon....ang aga mo naman gumising...? :-D

STORM and JT.  Your company was sorely missed, but you were with us in spirit.... 4 wine bottles.. a Pinot Noir, Cabernet, and two Merlots.. Cheers !!

Thanks a lot, Ms. Augustmoon. Apparently you folks had a wonderful time. But really, just four wine bottles? I can drink a single bottle in less than an hour if I'm in the mood and there's some pasta (vegetarian) around. But I don't usually drink wine because it's expensive and I can really drain a bottle quite fast (basta hindi sweet). I'd rather go with scotch, brandy, and/or vodka. And when all else fails, there's always SML.

This reminds me of the old "Alak Pa" thread.

Thanks a lot, Ms. Augustmoon.  Apparently you folks had a wonderful time.  But really, just four wine bottles?  I can drink a single bottle in less than an hour if I'm in the mood and there's some pasta (vegetarian) around.  But I don't usually drink wine because it's expensive and I can really drain a bottle quite fast (basta hindi sweet).  I'd rather go with scotch, brandy, and/or vodka.  And when all else fails, there's always SML.

This reminds me of the old "Alak Pa" thread.

For the record JT... despite being surrounded by wine afficionados, ako lang ang nag SNL - the only one in the group... dapat next time nanadoon ka... hirap maki-toast sa naka wine glass. :) kaya tama si Masi, AKO lang ang nalasing... d ako puede sa wine thread, barok kasi :blink:

Slider.. ganyan ang Ulirang Ina.. huling natutulog, unang nagigising :) bumawi nalang sa siesta this afternoon. Cake ulit :)

Thanks Masi for the hospitality. Sayang... kulang ang Casting kagabi. :D :D

Liberty.. still can't get over the vision of you in an F4 concert wearing a flowing floral. :cool:

Bods.. next Sunday, tamad ako mag luto ng Sunday lunch. Tumupad ka sa usapan :rolleyes:

16track...Yiu missed the good parts...next time first to come last to go ka dapat.. AND

to Pinoy... we have a lot in common :hypocritesmiley:

Storm.. don't worry hindi ka ginawang pulutan :) .. dessert lang :P

Again, please. Next time with pics... at para hindi ma OT.. I love the 70's..

Wow kainggit naman! Anyways I'm happy for you guys and looking forward to see you all at my debut exhibit. Cheers to the 70s peeps!!!!

While on our way to Malabon, my kids inserted the Hagibis, Hotdog and VST CD. We love most KATAWAN by Hagibis featuring the great Mike Hanopol on lead vocals. I find it as the best Pinoy Disco music of all time. :thumbsupsmiley:

Wow kainggit naman! Anyways I'm happy for you guys and looking forward to see you all at my debut exhibit. Cheers to the 70s peeps!!!!

While on our way to Malabon, my kids inserted the Hagibis, Hotdog and VST CD. We love most KATAWAN by Hagibis featuring the great Mike Hanopol on lead vocals. I find it as the best Pinoy Disco music of all time. :thumbsupsmiley:

STORM... and to think ikaw itong mod NG 70'S... at nag pasimuno ng EB :) :)

You wouldnt believe the music that was playing the whole night. Time Warp talaga!!!

:D

STORM... and to think ikaw itong mod NG 70'S... at nag pasimuno ng EB  :)  :)

You wouldnt believe the music that was playing the whole night.  Time Warp talaga!!!

:D

Panigurado 70s!

I have the perfect music for the next EB...it's the reunion concert of Circus Band...the whole gang was there singing classics like 'I Feel Sanctified', 'Wildflower', 'Tapestry'. 'If you don't know me by now'....many many more..

So EB tayo ulit bago mag-show?

Sa exhibit ko panigurado pulos dance music -- mostly swing!!!

Liberty.. still can't get over the vision of you in an F4 concert wearing a flowing floral.  :cool:

Day, hindi magkatugma, dahil ang F4 concert ay 21st century na! I will reserve my flowing florals for the next 70's EB kasi mas maapreciate ninyo yun!

Never had as much fun in a long time! Thanks to all !! That EB last Sat. was just a dry run. The next EB should be complete with costumes na! And we'll need that head of cabbage na may nakatusok na toothpicks with hotdogs and cheese, dagdagan pa natin ng multi-colored marshmallows!

:cool:

Day, hindi magkatugma, dahil ang F4 concert ay 21st century na!  I will reserve my flowing florals for the next 70's EB kasi mas maapreciate ninyo yun! 

Never had as much fun in a long time!  Thanks to all !!  That EB last Sat. was just a dry run.  The next EB should be complete with costumes na!  And we'll need that head of cabbage na may nakatusok na toothpicks with hotdogs and cheese, dagdagan pa natin ng multi-colored marshmallows!

Liberty... on the next EB... we will wear either of two.... A Floral CAFTAN .. or a Floral MUMU. Since very prgressive ka naman sa fashion (imagine that purchase in Blue Magic still IN in the 21st century) ikaw ang pumili.. game ako. :P :P

After that recollection, I now value and respect the Cabbage more for all the wonderful memories it has given me :)

For the record JT... despite being surrounded by wine afficionados, ako lang ang nag SNL - the only one  in the group... dapat next time nanadoon ka... hirap maki-toast sa naka wine glass.  :)  kaya tama si Masi, AKO lang ang nalasing... d ako puede sa wine thread, barok kasi  :blink:

Bods.. next Sunday, tamad ako mag luto ng Sunday lunch.  Tumupad ka sa usapan  :rolleyes:

Wine apichanado ka dyan - see I can't even spell it right - mahilig lang kami uminom ng wine, right, masi? :P

What's that about Sunday? :unsure:

...and please absolutely no pics hehehehe takot ako sa flash ng camera eh......

I have the perfect music for the next EB...it's the reunion concert of Circus Band...the whole gang was there singing classics like 'I Feel Sanctified', 'Wildflower', 'Tapestry'. 'If you don't know me by now'....many many more..

pare, they did a version of the Stones' "Gimme Shelter" - is that included too?

I enjoyed meeting you, pare! Thanks for coming over - more to come!

Day, hindi magkatugma, dahil ang F4 concert ay 21st century na!  I will reserve my flowing florals for the next 70's EB kasi mas maapreciate ninyo yun! 

Never had as much fun in a long time!  Thanks to all !!  That EB last Sat. was just a dry run.  The next EB should be complete with costumes na!  And we'll need that head of cabbage na may nakatusok na toothpicks with hotdogs and cheese, dagdagan pa natin ng multi-colored marshmallows!

...and don't forget that punchbowl with the, what? The plastic glasses hanging by the side? :P

It was so nice meeting you, ms. Liberty. One of the most vivid thing I can't seem to forget was your infectious laughter! :thumbsupsmiley:

o ano, do we chuck the Shiraz for Ginebra con Rose lime juice and apple bits....?

;-)

Seryoso ba kayo sa outfits?? Mapapa punta ako sa Alibangbang nito!

Bods, I think meron nga nun Stones classic na yun! I remember a Jay Leno joke, "in the event of a nuclear attack, the only survivors left will be the roaches and the Rolling Stones"!

o ano, do we chuck the Shiraz for Ginebra con Rose lime juice and apple bits....?

;-)

Bods, I think meron nga nun Stones classic na yun! I remember a Jay Leno joke, "in the event of a nuclear attack, the only survivors left will be the roaches and the Rolling Stones"!

Circus did a great version of the Stones' Gimme Shelter....who can forget Tillie Moreno belting out ....It's just a shot away....it's just a shot away....ooohhh people...

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are so ancient - their faces are those of an old man, but their bodies are those of a twentysomething - no tummies! How I wish we'd look fit like that in our late 50's...

pareng storm, madami pa naman sigurong darating na EB...we'll get together soon...

Wine apichanado ka dyan - see I can't even spell it right - mahilig lang kami uminom ng wine, right, masi? :P  What's that about Sunday?  :unsure:

...and please absolutely no pics hehehehe takot ako sa flash ng camera eh......

pare, they did a version of the Stones' "Gimme Shelter" - is that included too?

I enjoyed meeting you, pare! Thanks for coming over - more to come!

...and don't forget that punchbowl with the, what? The plastic glasses hanging by the side? :P

It was so nice meeting you, ms. Liberty. One of the most vivid thing I can't seem to forget was your infectious laughter! :thumbsupsmiley:

o ano, do we chuck the Shiraz for Ginebra con Rose lime juice and apple bits....? ;-)

Augustmoon, just think of it this way. Imagine that the wines we're drinking were mateus, alexis lichine, B&G, pergola and blue nun. Although these wines exist today, they made more impact when we first drank them in our youth. Gin and Rose, anyone!!!

Bods, we're not just wine drinkers... we just drink whatever there is!!!! Right, pinoy???!!!!

It seems I really missed a great EB. That's the problem of getting old. :( I really lost a lot of energy driving for 8 hours.

Storm, all is not lost, pare! We'll repeat it, whenever you guys are upto it!!!! I hope naka-recover na ang lahat sa puyat! :lol:

Circus did a great version of the Stones' Gimme Shelter....who can forget Tillie Moreno belting out ....It's just a shot away....it's just a shot away....ooohhh people...

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are so ancient - their faces are those of an old man, but their bodies are those of a twentysomething - no tummies! How I wish we'd look fit like that in our late 50's...

pareng storm, madami pa naman sigurong darating na EB...we'll get together soon...

I have a double cd of the Stones greatest hits, let me know if you want to borrow it.

Good night peeps!

Pa "burn" na lang ng mga hard to find CDs

70s slang words

chibog

upak

syota

utol

bading

badaf

charing

TL

TH

KJ

jeproks

eyeball - eb

Couldnt resist... may translations yan eh ... to current time that is.

chibog - lafang

upak - banat

syota - hmm syota pa din yata pero pede ring fafa :P

utol - utol

bading - jokla, baklush

charing - ching

TL - inlababo

TH - over

KJ - corny, baduy

jeproks - astig

eyeball - gimik

:lol:

Ang pakialamera ko no? :boo:

Augustmoon, just think of it this way.  Imagine that the wines we're drinking were mateus, alexis lichine, B&G, pergola and blue nun.  Although these wines exist today, they made more impact when we first drank them in our youth.  Gin and Rose, anyone!!! 

Bods, we're not just wine drinkers... we just drink whatever there is!!!!  Right, pinoy???!!!!

Storm, all is not lost, pare!  We'll repeat it, whenever you guys are upto it!!!!  I hope naka-recover na ang lahat sa puyat! :lol:

I have a double cd of the Stones greatest hits, let me know if you want to borrow it.

sure pare!

puro tapes lang Rolling Stones ko - I can burn that hehehe...

yes we do drink anything but I guess we do get more selective as the years roll on!

cheers!

Couldnt resist... may translations yan eh ... to current time that is.

chibog - lafang

upak - banat

syota - hmm syota pa din yata pero pede ring fafa :P

utol - utol

bading - jokla, baklush

charing - ching

TL - inlababo

TH - over

KJ - corny, baduy

jeproks - astig

eyeball - gimik

:lol:

Ang pakialamera ko no? :boo:

Wyld, my dear...you are doing a good deed to all your Kuyas and Ates in this thread..para naman sila maging IN at hindi ma stuck sa twilight zone :)

and may I add 00 words...Jologs, Chuva, Tienes and anik-anik. Wla niyan noong 70's.