Back To The 70's

Hi to All... may a digress a bit ?

Do any of you remember NICHOLAS STOODLEY Designer pants?  (LOcal brand pero imported kuno ang quality)  They used to have a boutique in Ali Mall and GoldCrest in the late 70's....

And for the women...the brand JAZZIE ????....AZABACHE too.

Memories of them, if any, please.

Have a good one

Yup, i remember all those brands. There was a time when I won a raffle prize, it was a gift certificate from a store called Blue Magic. I got this printed blouse with flowing long sleeves, parang wings ... yuck, ang baduuuy, when I think of it now!!! I remember Blue Magic had black lights in their store. Ano ba yan, the Age of Aquarius?

And who can forget Funhouse, with all kinds of gags and useless stuff you could waste your time and money on.

Pag may fair ang Ateneo at La Salle, kailangan mag sho-shopping pa kami ng barkada for new clothes.

Syempre, suot ko yung blouse na galing sa Blue Magic. BWAHAHAHA!! :boo:

Yup, i remember all those brands.  There was a time when I won a raffle prize, it was a gift certificate from a store called Blue Magic.  I got this printed blouse with flowing long sleeves, parang wings ... yuck, ang baduuuy, when I think of it now!!!  I remember Blue Magic had black lights in their store.  Ano ba yan, the Age of Aquarius?

And who can forget Funhouse, with all kinds of gags and useless stuff you could waste your time and money on.

Pag may fair ang Ateneo at La Salle, kailangan mag sho-shopping pa kami ng barkada for new clothes. 

Syempre, suot ko yung blouse na galing sa Blue Magic.  BWAHAHAHA!!  :boo:

oh those high school fairs! chance for you to get "hand-cuffed" with the "crush ng bayan" and once this happens, you are already in cahoots with the jail booth to make sure that you end up in jail with her!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

of course, during fairs you will be wearing your best "civilian" attire (siguro nga, dahil sa militaristic ang martial law that's why we referred to casual wear as "civilian"). and all the signatures mentioned by everyone on this thread will be out in force.

in the 70s, did you wear a uniform to school other than your YDT/CAT greens. if so, describe it (bistohun na 'to!!!)

i'll start -- gradeschool - prep to grad 3 white polo shirt with school patch on the left hand pocket, white hanky, short khaki pants, white socks, black shoes (no boots); grade 4 to grade 6, more of the same except long khaki pants.

high school, black long pants, white shirt, no school patch but with name plate, tuck-in optional.

oh those high school fairs!  chance for you to get "hand-cuffed" with the "crush ng bayan" and once this happens, you are already in cahoots with the jail booth to make sure that you end up in jail with her!!!! hahahahaha!!!!

of course, during fairs you will be wearing your best "civilian" attire (siguro nga, dahil sa militaristic ang martial law that's why we referred to casual wear as "civilian").  and all the signatures mentioned by everyone on this thread will be out in force.

For many of us in all-boys schools, those fairs were the only chance to meet girls. Do they still do the hand-cuffing thing these days?

Liberty......In FLOWING FLORAL!!!!!!! ..Ha! ha! :D :D :D Surely a (SORE) sight to see....Nagka phase ka rin pala ng Bad Taste...seeing you now,...unbelievable !!!!! :blink:

16Yrack...in STRETCH (hapit na pati ugat kita) DENIMS...After seeing him in kagalang-galang - gusot mayaman corporate wear Ha! Ha! :D :D :D

Masi...for sure, looking forever (since PREP) GQ-ESQUE in white and Khakis not hard to imagine BUT you in WHITE Levis????? then ? :P :P

JT...pakita ka naman... I couldnt envision you in 70's duds !!!!!! :)

... BUT you in WHITE Levis????? then ? :P  :P

well, they started out blue and since the older they got, the more comfy they wore, until the blue in the blue denim wore out and became a white denim....

was it in the 70's that one would wear a pair of jeans for about a month. i swear my mother hated washing my jeans kasi burak na daw yun tubig!!!! :boo:

Funhouse, d ba sa Greenhills Arcade yun? I would spend hard earned cash for those ridiculous prank items like spicy toothpicks (sus, toothpick na pinadaan sa sili) and stink bombs (d naman mabaho) !

Favorite hangout ko nun was sa Unimart where I'd spend a lot of time browsing through the record stores...20 pesos isang plaka.

Isa pang favorite RTW, Sergio Tachinni. Nicholas Stoodley, hahaha!

Ang dami pang wide open spaces nun sa Greenhills. Ngayon tiangge galore na. Pero I can still navigate my way around Greenhills, despite the high density of small stalls. I can imagine a newbie in Greenhills would easily get lost in that labyrinth.

Greenhills in the 70's..Unimart, Greenhills Arcade, Greenhills theatre, Greenlanes. Erap was still mayor. No traffic. Ano nga ba yung disco sa side ng greenlanes?

well, they started out blue and since the older they got, the more comfy they wore,  until the blue in the blue denim wore out and became a white denim....

was it in the 70's that one would wear a pair of jeans for about a month.  i swear my mother hated washing my jeans kasi burak na daw yun tubig!!!! :boo:

Yup uso sa UP yun!

Hindi ko kaya, Nangangati ako :( :D

Funhouse, d ba sa Greenhills Arcade yun? I would spend hard earned cash for those ridiculous prank items like spicy toothpicks (sus, toothpick na pinadaan sa sili) and stink bombs (d naman mabaho) !

Favorite hangout ko nun was sa Unimart where I'd spend a lot of time browsing through the record stores...20 pesos isang plaka.

Isa pang favorite RTW, Sergio Tachinni. Nicholas Stoodley, hahaha!

Ang dami pang wide open spaces nun sa Greenhills. Ngayon tiangge galore na. Pero I can still navigate my way around Greenhills, despite the high density of small stalls. I can imagine a newbie in Greenhills would easily get lost in that labyrinth.

Greenhills in the 70's..Unimart, Greenhills Arcade, Greenhills theatre, Greenlanes. Erap was still mayor. No traffic. Ano nga ba yung disco sa side ng greenlanes?

Yup, yung Funhouse was in Greenhills, tabi ng Cinderella, then there was a Bulacan Sweets stall in front. There was also a Greenwich pizza stall there. I also was a record bar regular. LP, EP (80's na yata ito?), and 45rpm, he, he. And cassette tapes too! Remember C30, C45, C60, C90, C120 ? Meron pang C15, demo tape yata, libre lang.

Was that disco Galactica, you go up to the 2nd floor?

Does anyone remember all the discos of the hotels then? Paki lista dito please, maski yung hindi sa hotel, also yung mga nag-open na sa 80's (with apologies to thead-owner storm, ok lang ha?), at kahit yung medyo jologs. We need this refresher course, para hindi magka Alzheimer's. :lol: I can't recall the disco in Manila Midtown Ramada, what was it? Was there also a disco at VV Soliven? What was the name???

For starters.....

Where was ?

1. Velvet Slum

2. La Cueva

3. Doubles

4. Delirium

5. Another World

please add!!!

Yup, yung Funhouse was in Greenhills, tabi ng Cinderella, then there was a Bulacan Sweets stall in front.  There was also a Greenwich pizza stall there.  I also was a record bar regular.  LP, EP (80's na yata ito?), and 45rpm, he, he.  And cassette tapes too! Remember C30, C45, C60, C90, C120 ? Meron pang C15, demo tape yata, libre lang.

Was that disco Galactica, you go up to the 2nd floor?

Does anyone remember all the discos of the hotels then? Paki lista dito please, maski yung hindi sa hotel, also yung mga nag-open na sa 80's (with apologies to thead-owner storm, ok lang ha?), at kahit yung medyo jologs. We need this refresher course, para hindi magka Alzheimer's.  :lol: I can't recall the disco in Manila Midtown Ramada, what was it?  Was there also a disco at VV Soliven?  What was the name???

For starters.....

Where was ?

1.  Velvet Slum

2.  La Cueva

3.  Doubles

4.  Delirium

5.  Another World

please add!!!

1. Hotel Frederique

2. Greenbelt where the new Ayala Museum is located

4. Greenbelt, near Max's

5. Greenbelt 4

6. Club Valentino - Manila Midtown Ramada

7. Cellar - Century Park Sheraton

8. Circuit - Hyatt Regency

9. Isis - Hyatt Regency

10. Louie Y - Hyatt Regency

11. Queue - Regent of Manila wher my favorite bar, Alibi Bar is also located

12. Stargazer - Silahis

13. Altitude 49 - Hotel Nikko

14. Lost Horizon - Westin

15. Coco Banana - Malate

16. Friday's - P. Burgos in Makati

17. Discovery - Aurora Blvd. where Jeremiah Jr. of RT started

18. Mother's Womb along EDSA near Quezon Ave.

19. XYZ - near Mother's

20. Crystal Cave - Hyatt Terraces

And siempre my all time favorite ------ WHERELSE at the Intercon

80s naman

Zigzag

Culture club

Hard Rock Cafe

Route 66

Rumors

Dagdag na lang kayo. :thumbsupsmiley:

Dante' (pero 80's na 'to) along pasong tamo near the underpass owned by Dante Silverio.

Faces followed where Culture Club left off, then became Mars (90s na ata to).

Metro (GB above Schwarzwalder), Kudos (Milelong), AC/DC (you would know the type of crowd by its name) right across Midtown.

1571 at the Hilton (braukeller bar was where Eddie K played).

Jungle Bar at Manila Hotel

Peninsula Hotel had a disco where Spices resto is now located.

Billboard along Makati Ave had a different name and they had a mechanical bull.

In addition to discos, tambay sa mga bars along makati avenue such as jalisco, barrel side, d'marks, casabalanca, tia maria.

Edited by masi
1. Hotel Frederique

2. Greenbelt where the new Ayala Museum is located

4. Greenbelt, near Max's

5. Greenbelt 4

6. Club Valentino - Manila Midtown Ramada

7. Cellar - Century Park Sheraton

8. Circuit - Hyatt Regency

9. Isis - Hyatt Regency

10. Louie Y - Hyatt Regency

11. Queue - Regent of Manila wher my favorite bar, Alibi Bar is also located

12. Stargazer - Silahis

13. Altitude 49 - Hotel Nikko

14. Lost Horizon - Westin

15. Coco Banana - Malate

16. Friday's - P. Burgos in Makati

17. Discovery - Aurora Blvd. where Jeremiah Jr. of RT started

18. Mother's Womb along EDSA near Quezon Ave.

19. XYZ - near Mother's

20. Crystal Cave - Hyatt Terraces

And siempre my all time favorite ------ WHERELSE at the Intercon

80s naman

Zigzag

Culture club

Hard Rock Cafe

Route 66

Rumors

STORM... sa lahat ng Disco na sinabi mo... I am sure nag-iwan ka ng GASGAS sa dancefloor...not to mention the many many Function Rms ng mga hotels...dahil hands down, you were the most sought-after Dance Partner ng mga Diliman Debutantes :thumbsupsmiley:... and not to forget... the tipak-tipak na kalye sa UP Parking Lot :lol:

Kaya if the REP precedes the person... you gotta show it on the 17th that you still have what it takes to jiggy. ;)

JT...pakita ka naman... I couldnt envision you in 70's duds !!!!!!  :)

Ms. Augustmoon, nagpapakita naman ako (even attended grand EBs and smaller ones). Just not lately. As for those 70s duds, I can tell you that I was using bell-bottoms (we also called them "flairs") up to around 1989. Do you folk remember what we used to refer as "double-knit" pants?

puro disco na pinaguusapan ah...hindi po ako mahilig sumayaw kaya wala akong ma-contribute dyan :lol:

But we used to be in Culture Club a lot of times courtesy of my boss then who frequented that place...there was one time I saw Bongbong Marcos there playing billiards....his bodyguards in their short-sleeved barongs stood out like sore thumbs among the otherwise well-dressed crowd hehehe...

My humble contri :

a) El Camarote sa Holiday Inn

B) Calesa Bar sa Hyatt (Eddie Katindig with his latin jazz band...galing!)

c) Birds of the Same Feather (there was this band with a mean bass player named Ricky Aranas with the slap bass technique or whatever you call it - galing din!)

d) Gadzooks near P. Burgos

e) Mighty Mouse Club sa Makati Ave.

Ang sharp ng mga memory niyo...kaunti lang na-alala ko...

Culture Club became Faces, tama ba?

80s naman

Zigzag

Culture club

Hard Rock Cafe

Route 66

Rumors

ZigZag used to be Dante's yata sa P. Tamo extension? At the time, it was a weird place to establish a disco.

Culture Club - I'd go there only on special dates...mahal kasi eh :(

Hard Rock in Adriatico with the plane tail stuck in it's side?

Route 66! We were always there nung mga '81-'82....Dancing in the Dark ni Bruce Springsteen....Cum on Feel the Noise ng Quiet Riot....

Rumors where the original 'Fast Foods' was located..

.does anybody know Andros in Greenbelt? We'd play backgammon all night long and the highlights of the evening were when a projector screen would slide down and they'd show music videos of 80's bands..

STORM... sa lahat ng Disco na sinabi mo... I am sure nag-iwan ka ng GASGAS sa dancefloor...not to mention the many many Function Rms ng mga hotels...dahil hands down, you were  the most sought-after Dance Partner ng mga Diliman Debutantes  :thumbsupsmiley:... and not to forget... the tipak-tipak na kalye sa UP Parking Lot  :lol:

Kaya if the REP precedes the person... you gotta show it on the 17th that you still have what it takes to jiggy.  ;)

:D :D :D

Hanggang imagination na lang ako. I never knew na ngayon ako sisingilin ng lahat ng mga injuries ko noon. See you on the 17th.

My humble contri :

a) El Camarote sa Holiday Inn

B) Calesa Bar sa Hyatt (Eddie Katindig with his latin jazz band...galing!)

c) Birds of the Same Feather (there was this band with a mean bass player named Ricky Aranas with the slap bass technique or whatever you call it - galing din!)

d) Gadzooks near P. Burgos

e) Mighty Mouse Club sa Makati Ave.

Ang sharp ng mga memory niyo...kaunti lang na-alala ko...

Culture Club became Faces, tama ba?

Culture Club became Mars and later on Planet Mars.

How could I missed El Camarote. I was there in the opening :thumbsupsmiley:

The waitresses were dressed as pirates.

Good Morning :)

Sabi na nga ba...TAHIMIK ang 70's thread from 9:00 PM last night.... :D :D

Malamang walang post din ito hanggang mamyang gabi. Hirap mag-recover ang mga matatanda sa PUYAT. :cry:

Wonderful EB....good food, wine and company.

Another one soon...

STORM and JT. Your company was sorely missed, but you were with us in spirit.... 4 wine bottles.. a Pinot Noir, Cabernet, and two Merlots.. Cheers !!

So to the LURKERS in this thread... Come out na. The more the merrier. :)