Back To The 70's

^TUMPAK!!!

Linggo linggo halos guest ni JQ yan.

Isa pang paborito niya, Crispa Redmanizers. Basta nag champion, guets ang buong team. Ang Toyota, ni minsan di man lang naimitahan.

di kasi sponsor ang toyota kaya ganun. Kaya gusto ni JQ yung crispa, basta may guest sya na lalaki , at least mabibigyan nya ng T-shirt o kaya brief na redmanized. :boo:

Edited by bathala

Veteran TV host, singer, actor EDDIE MERCADO passed away Monday, 18 Sept. 2006.

I'd always remember him as the local Frank Sinatra of the 70s and one of the best dressed

TV hosts during his heydays.

He'd usually crack corny jokes together with another TV host, Joey Lardizabal, but together

their command of the English in the airwaves is flawless. :cool:

I find him very witty and also funny. Ariel con Tina, Ariel & Co. after 6 was my favorite in the 70s. :thumbsupsmiley:

Now, I watch his show at ANC when I have the time.

I also admire Jaime Fabregas! :thumbsupsmiley:

Together with Nino Mulach in his noontime show, Ariel was hilarious.

I remember watching his ala key-stone cop movie (Si Lone Ranger, Pop-eye, atb...not so sure about the exact

title).

Edited by Mandrake
Hindi ba siya in the movie Capt Barbell before?

the year was '73 or '74 when he starred as superman in "zoom zoom superman" where one of his main nemesis was a giant ape ala king kong. in one scene where the ape was rampaging, couple of cars it kicked looked really like plastic toys.

He's also a veteran Beauty pageant host. His command of English was very good. The same with Ka Kiko Evangelista who also passed away.

I wish I could speak like them.

Pareng Stom,

Kumusta ka na? I also remember the following people from the 70s who had both an excellent diction and command of English:

1. Joe Cantada
  2. Jose Mari Velez (host of the news program "The Big News" on Channel 5 during the pre-martial law era)
  3. Bong Lapira - host of the evening news on Channel 7

I miss these guys. They were great broadcasters.

I think lumabas siya superman na may bigote hehehe. After that he was quoted as saying "SA IKAKAUNLAD NG BAYAN, BISIKLETA ANG KAILANGA"....may na offend...dont know why....he was arrested and pinagbunot ng damo sa Crame...sang the national anthem and panatang makabayan early morning....and was released.

Pareng Stom,

Kumusta ka na? I also remember the following people from the 70s who had both an excellent diction and command of English:

1. Joe Cantada
  2. Jose Mari Velez (host of the news program "The Big News" on Channel 5 during the pre-martial law era)
  3. Bong Lapira - host of the evening news on Channel 7

I miss these guys. They were great broadcasters.

Nakatutok sa first public sculpture project. I have to deliver and start installation on Monday. The sculpture will be unveiled on October 10. My fav song tuloy is ten ten de saraten, de cuchillo, de almacen. How how de carabao, batuten. :D

The Newswatch guys:

Dennnis Cabalfin

Frankie Abao Jr.

Harry Gasser

Joe Maria Carlos

Among the ladies naman:

Cheche Lazaro

Tina Monson-Palma

June Keithley

Ang galing. Zoom zoom Superman nga iyon ... it was one of the first movies my brother and i watched ....

There was also a Large Spider in that movie

the year was '73 or '74 when he starred as superman in "zoom zoom superman" where one of his main nemesis was a giant ape ala king kong. in one scene where the ape was rampaging, couple of cars it kicked looked really like plastic toys.

I think lumabas siya superman na may bigote hehehe. After that he was quoted as saying "SA IKAKAUNLAD NG BAYAN, BISIKLETA ANG KAILANGA"....may na offend...dont know why....he was arrested and pinagbunot ng damo sa Crame...sang the national anthem and panatang makabayan early morning....and was released.
Together with Nino Mulach in his noontime show, Ariel was hilarious.

I remember watching his ala key-stone cop movie (Si Lone Ranger, Pop-eye, atb...not so sure about the exact

title).

Yung trilogy. Yung isa parang horror. I remember Aurora Pijuan playing Olive Oyle and Peewee gulping down burgers at Tropical Hut. Years later, found out that the baby in the Popeye movie was a HS classmate. Saw still shots of the movie in his house. Didn't Johnny Montero play the bad guy in the Lone Ranger segment. Classic yung ending, kalagitnaan ng desyerto may sumulpot na VW Beetle na may dalang mga jeproks na nawawala at nagtatanong ng direksyon.

Edited by blue_blooded