Back To The 70's

Three's Company reunion (2012): Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2NtZrSW8E

It's so nice seeing Suzanne Somers and Joyce DeWitt re-united after a falling out many many years ago. Suzanne Somers actually looks prettier in this video that she did in the late 70's when she portrayed "Crissy", the dumb blonde in this great sitcom. Both of them are probably in their mid 60's at this time.

I read somewhere that Suzanne Somers was cut from the series because she was acting like some sort of prima donna. I understand she was asking for a raise that the network couldn't (or didn't) want to pay. Her husband was allegedly behind her outrageous demands which prompted the network to axe her from the show.

Never have I seen a comedy sitcom as well written, witty, and funny as Three's Company. I have the complete dvd collection and I don't mind watching these when I'm feeling down and out.

The other shows from the 70s are Loveboat, CHIPS and the original Charlie's Angels.

Loveboat was comedy and Charlie's Angels was action/drama but I remember that Charlie's Angels had a crossover episode with Loveboat.

The Loveboat and Chips were "make you feel good" types of tv programs which always had a happy ending. I don't remember much of Charlie's Angels. One of the mini series I enjoyed in the 70s was Rich Man Poor Man, books 1 and 2. Starring Nick Nolte, Peter Strauss, Susan Blakely, and the villain William Smith who later co-starred with Jack Lord in Hawaii Five-0.

Another hit tv series of the 70s was Alex Haley's Roots.

I'm not familiar with Rich Man Poor Man. The original Charlie's Angels were Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith. Cheryl Ladd replaced Farrah Fawcett and Tanya Roberts replaced Kate Jackson. Loveboat, CHIPS and Charlie's Angels aired on Channel 7. Again, I'm positive of this. If memory serves me right, Charlie's Angels aired every Sunday on Channel 7.

Rich Man Poor Man was a mini-series that kept you always waiting for the next episode. Binibitin ka palagi. I have the dvd collection of this mini-series. I watched it only recently but I could still remember particular scenes which I had last seen in 1976 or 37 years ago!! Man I'm getting really old. He he he.

If you ever watched "24" you'll know what I'm talking about. That series always kept you by the edge of your seat and you couldn't wait to start watching the next episode. Ganoon din ang Rich Man Poor Man.

First time entire TV programming in PH came in full color was in 1973/74. 2-3 years earlier, colored programs were selective.

I remember the very first tv set of my family was a Zenith. I vividly remember watching a horror movie (starring Vincent Price) where blood came out of walls. I was amazed to see the actual red color of blood for the first time. Yun lang my dad banned us from even going near that tv!!

• Like (+1) 1

The other shows from the 70s are Loveboat, CHIPS and the original Charlie's Angels.

Loveboat was comedy and Charlie's Angels was action/drama but I remember that Charlie's Angels had a crossover episode with Loveboat.

Anybody remember The Streets of San Francisco, with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas who was still young.

Mahilug ako sa nga cop series nuon. There was also SWAT, Toma, Mannix, Cannon.

Anybody remember The Streets of San Francisco, with Karl Malden and Michael Douglas who was still young.

Mahilug ako sa nga cop series nuon. There was also SWAT, Toma, Mannix, Cannon.

I've been collecting dvds of The Streets of San Francisco but my collection is far from complete. I also remember SWAT, Mannix, Cannon, and Hawaii Five-0.

Just two newspapers > > > Bulletin Today and Daily Express

Yeah both heavily censored. There was no freedom back then to express oneself. You could, but you'd be risking your life if the authorities didn't like what you said.

Actually, three if you include Times Journal.

Yes that's right. All three were heavily censored. There was never any criticism in the newspapers against Marcos and his government. These papers' editors and columnists were all locked up at the time. Only those who wrote favorably about the Marcos administration were allowed to write in these papers.

The same can be said of countries such as China and Malaysia where dissent isn't tolerated. Media is the biggest equalizer in the administration of justice because it draws attention to abuse of governments against its citizens. It also pressures government to act if the government is perceived as dragging its feet on certain issues.

• Like (+1) 1