Back To The 70's

I was driving then a 1302S beetle to school. In 1978, I wanted a Lancer but my parents bought a Lambda instead. So I got stucked with the beetle till I got married in 1988. Sometimes tinatakas ko yung Lambda pero alaskado ako. Pang DOM daw :evil:

Nanghihiram na lang ako ng car noon sa mga uncles ko for gimmicks kaya kung anu-anong cars nagamit ko (from Ford Cortina to Toyota Corolla). :goatee:

well I would consider huge acts as those that are huge at the moment, or enjoying enormous popularity now. So they take advantage of this and try to command extravagant appearance fees.

I am wondering why in the past they were able to bring in the Beatles at the height of their popularity, or relatively recently, Sting (whom I saw in 1989 - he was at the peak then) or Phil Collins before, and before them, Eric Clapton or Metallica. Medyo kasikatan nila nun when they were here. Nowadays all we see are the oldies - which is not bad per se, but how we long for the Stones or U2 or such pop acts as Britney or Madonna.

I would disagree with music not stretching across generations. The current fave of my kids is would you believe, the Beatles :D  I can't explain it. It started when they got to see the Yellow Submarine DVD which I bought for my viewing and from then on there was no stopping them. I had to scrounge around for the Beatles anthology or any Beatles CD I could find so as not for them to lose the momentum of the moment. :D There must be something magical about Beatles music that my kids would love - music that is almost 40 years old! This is just an example of course but I think music, if it is good, has a way of reaching out to anybody - be they oldies like us, or youngsters....

To digress, ang mahal pala ng mga vintage Beatles LP's. I saw their Help album, made in Japan, and it goes for a thousand bucks :wacko: Even the local LPs go for P500....

Bods, didn't even hear about Sergio Mendez! Sayang. Pareng Storm, thanks for the invite to the gallery. So, when's the next eb?

Greetings....anybody out there planning to see the Santana Roots concert at the Araneta on the 28th? Ole' Devadip may not be there, but if it's the same old gang that backed him up in the 70s, then its going to be a real treat to see those guys, especially the percussions section.

Just say when pare!

I missed the Baguio of the 70s! Ibang-iba noon. :(

i miss that too...i remember when i first went up there mga 1973 or '74, grabe ang lamig at maamoy mo pa yung pine trees...yung Crystal cave may crystals pa.....sariwang-sariwa ang hangin...di ka pwede lumabas ng walang sweater... at ang mines view, was an awesome place wala kang makita kundi puro green sa paligid...ngayon BROWN at puro bubong ng bahay. This place is a good example of man's indifference to nature....SAYANG!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

i miss that too...i remember when i first went up there mga 1973 or '74, grabe ang lamig at maamoy mo pa yung pine trees...yung Crystal cave may crystals pa.....sariwang-sariwa ang hangin...di ka pwede lumabas ng walang sweater... at ang mines view, was an awesome place wala kang makita kundi puro green sa paligid...ngayon BROWN at puro bubong ng bahay. This place is a good example of man's indifference to nature....SAYANG!!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sa loob na lang ng Camp John Hay amoy pine trees :( .

HOLY WEEK.

Noong 70s kapag ganitong Holy Week, naglalabasan ang mga chicks para magprusisyon. :thumbsupsmiley:

And then pag dating ng May, santacruzan naman. Not a big hit as far as I'm concerned...but once, yung kinakapatid ko (daughter ng kumare ng mother ko) napilitan mag-sagala. Tapos, yung mother ko, pinilit ako daw ang consorte...napasubo tuloy ako...all throughout the procession, I was hoping none of my classmates will see me. Kundi, alaskado. Nakanammm!!!!

Buti na lang pretty yung kinakapatid ko. Hehehe...No FRs to follow :P

Back to work.

Met some of my old friends from school. We had fun reminiscing. :D

pare congrats!

sayang i failed to see you yesterday at the resto :D

anyway I miss the Good Friday procession in Pasig. It was all about statues, relics (nails, whips, etc used in the crucifixion). Kitschy, but it brings up a lot of memories when I saw it as a boy.....