Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

wheww...i dont have my family code with me..but anyway as far as i remember there are few grounds for the granting of annulment and infedility is not among of them.. however it is a grounds for legal separation....

okay, i'm good as dead. either i profess i'm gay or claim that i've been sired by other men or whatever.

the law sucks. legal separation would neither sever the ties with the ex.

okay, i'm good as dead. either i profess i'm gay or claim that i've been sired by other men or whatever.

i suggest that you read the recent decision of antonio v. reyes, 10 march 2006. it will be helpful to your case. find it in supremecourt.gov.ph.

i will try to explain it if i get the time. sorry, im busy now.

yes sir, the law sucks until and unless our family code is ammended...

the spirit of the law according to our supreme court is the preservation of family being the smallest unit of the society.

in case of doubt in the interpretation of the law should be judge in favor of the preservation of family..

if you will notice gasgas na yung rason na pyschological incapacity kahit hindi talaga...and what is more irrational eh ung right of the goverment to inquire to the collusion of both parties in the annulment proceedings initiated by one of them.or to inquire to the validity of the grounds and evidence procured by both parties.. :mtc:

yes sir, the law sucks until and unless our family code is ammended...

the spirit of the law according to our supreme court is the preservation of family being the smallest unit of the society.

in case of doubt in the interpretation of the law should be judge in favor of the preservation of family..

if you will notice gasgas na yung rason na pyschological incapacity kahit hindi talaga...and what is more irrational eh ung right of the goverment to inquire to the collusion of both parties in the annulment proceedings initiated by one of them.or to inquire to the validity of the grounds and evidence procured by both parties.. :mtc:

"preservation of family being the samllest unit of the society" -- but what about the preservation of sanity of the people involved? and the right to live a happy normal life?

the law is selfish.

"preservation of family being the samllest unit of the society" -- but what about the preservation of sanity of the people involved? and the right to live a happy normal life?

the law is selfish.

yeah right...even me is against to the idea of keeping the marital tie when the love and respect are gone..

but still sir it is the law, we govern by law.....

anyway, it is still a question of fact if your case merit the granting of nullity of marriage....expensive lang talaga.....

is it legal for a call center company to issue a 30 day notice period right after passing your resignation letter?

coz based on hat i know & from others... 2 weeks lang daw. pero 30 days ang ini-impose ng company namin.

tnx!

good day

inasmuch as 2 weeks is the usual practice, the law does not prohibit a longer period. so if it is your employment contract or company policy, i is valid.

is it legal for a call center company to issue a 30 day notice period right after passing your resignation letter?

coz based on hat i know & from others... 2 weeks lang daw. pero 30 days ang ini-impose ng company namin.

tnx!

the labor code provides that a 30 day notice should be given to the employer before the effectivity of the resignation...the company may decrease the 30 day notice however it could not increase more than what the law provides....

therefore your company policy is valid.... :mtc:

Today is paycheck day! I have a problem with my salary. The salary covers from April 1- 15 and I just got it today. My day-off is thursday and friday, That fall into maundy thursday and good friday (Arpil 13 and 14). I do expect that I can get a 100% salary on that day because the it is a legal holiday but I didn't. I got my payslip also and I found that I got a 200% pay only for April 9(araw ng kagitingan).

I ask our finance department about it and they said that I cannot get a 100% on APR 14 and 15 because we are on monthly basis.

Is this correct?

This is not the case when I am on daily basis. I get a 100% pay during legal holidays.

I need your full explaination on this so that I can reason out myself.

Thank you.

Today is paycheck day! I have a problem with my salary. The salary covers from April 1- 15 and I just got it today. My day-off is thursday and friday, That fall into maundy thursday and good friday (Arpil 13 and 14). I do expect  that I can get a 100% salary on that day because the it is a legal holiday but I didn't. I got my payslip also and I found that I got a 200% pay only for April 9(araw ng kagitingan).

I ask our finance department about it and they said that I cannot get a 100% on APR 14 and 15 because we are on monthly basis.

Is this correct?

This is not the case when I am on daily basis. I get a 100% pay during legal holidays.

I need your full explaination on this so that I can reason out myself.

Thank you.

Mukhang tama ang Finance nyo. Iba kasi ang computation pag monthly na ang pagsuweldo mo kesa sa arawan.

Pag arawan ka kasi, No work no pay. Pag pinatrabaho ka during a holiday, entitled ka sa holiday pay (doble ng regular rate mo).

Yung sa monthly, yung formula pagcompute ng daily rate mo ay = (monthly salary x 12 months)/261 days.

Alam ng lahat, ang isang taon ay 365 days, pero ang divisor na ginagamit ay 261, hindi 365. Kasi, minemenos ng company mula sa 365 yung lahat ng day-off mo sa isang taon (52 weeks x 2 days pwer week = 104) sa pagcocompute ng daily rate mo. Kung 261 ang divisor, ibig sabihin kasama na sa computation o bayad na yung sampung (onse na yata ngayon dahil sa Eid al Fit'r) holiday sa suweldo mong natatanggap buwan buwan, kaya wala nang dagdag sa suweldo mo kahit pa bumagsak sa day off mo ang maundy thursday at good friday. Parang ang gulo, ano.

Hope this helps.

the labor code provides that a 30 day notice should be given to the employer before the effectivity of the resignation...the company may decrease the 30 day notice however it could not increase more than what the law provides....

therefore your company policy is valid.... :mtc:

Yup, this is the correct rule. However, please note that the 30-day notice required of a resigning employee applies only if there is no cause for the resignation. But if there is cause, the 30-day notice requirement on the part of the resigning employee does NOT apply.

Here's the pertinent Labor Code provision on the matter:

"Art. 285. Termination by employee.

(a) An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

(B) An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

(1) Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;

(2)Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

(3)Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

(4) Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing."

Addendum: It seems your question was not phrased properly. It is not the company which will issue the notice. That only happens when the company intends to terminate your employment. But if you are resigning, you are the one required to give the notice, 30 days prior to the effective date of resignation. For example, if you intend to resign by May 30, you should tender your resignation at the end of April. Again, this applies only if your resignation is without cause.

may isa pa pala akong problem....

dalawa harddisk ko, ang isa seagate at ang isa maxtor parehong 20 gig.

ung maxtor working dati sa windows 98 kaya lang nagkaproblema...nag-install ako ng xp dito sa maxtor kaya lang ayaw tumuloy ng installation palaging blue screen, unmountable boot volume ang error. nag  checkdisk na ako pero di pa rin mag-install ang xp.

ung seagate ko, ok naman siya kahit ilang beses ko ng na-reinstallan ng xp.

ngayon bumili ako ng 40 gig na seagate pero hindi ko rin mainstallan ng xp. blue screen din at unmountable boot volume din ang error. pero kapag sa ibang cpu installan itong 40 gig seagate, ok naman....kapag sa computer ko ayaw na.

kaya lang ang nakakapagtaka, ung seagate ko na 20 gig, wala namang problema kahit ilang beses ko ng nainstallan ng xp.

processor: amd duron 900

memory: 256mb

mbd: redfox

would appreciate any suggestion

Sir, baka naman naka slave yung jumper pin ng maxtor mo kaya ganyan ang nangyayari.

good day to everyone! may question lang po ako. eto po un scenario, may family trouble yung friend ko. her dad just came home from working abroad. since he went home, he only spent a few days a week with his family. his family became curious and they found out that the father was having an affair. now that everything is out in the open, my friend is worried that her dad might no longer finance her studies. her mom has just resigned a few months ago from her work as a guidance counselor because her dad asked her to. reasoning that she should be able to take care of the kids.

is there any way they could make sure that their father would still be fulfilling his financial obligation to his family?

i hope i get a reply soon coz her dad is already threatening to sell her car. there are 5 kids in the family; 2 in college, 1 in high school, 2 in grade school.