Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

received this via email today.. totoo po ba to?

A woman's right to refuse

Please pass on to your wife , girlfriends; and ladies, you may want to

forward to any female relatives who may need to know this important

information

I was talking with a lawyer friend of mine. We were discussing the law and

women`s rights. She told me about this incident - a young girl was raped

by a man posing as a plain clothes officer; he asked her to come to the

police station when she and her male friend didn't have a driver`s license

to show. He sent the boy off to get his license and asked the girl to

accompany him to the police station. Took her instead to an isolated area

where the horrendous crime was committed.

Infact, the law clearly states that between 6 pm and 6am, a woman has the

right to REFUSE to go to the Police Station, even if an arrest warrant has

been issued against her. It is a procedural issue that a woman can be

arrested between 6pm and 6 am , ONLY if she is arrested by a woman officer

and taken to an ALL WOMEN police station. And if she is arrested by a male

officer, it has to be proven that a woman officer was on duty at the time

of arrest.

It is good for us to know our rights. To what extent it comes of use

remains to be seen in any situation. But as they say, knowledge is power.

Just thought I`d share this with you.

I did not know this and am sure lot of us will not know this- please be

informed..... And pass on this info to whom all u know.......

as far as i know the law does prohibit serving warrant at nigthtime with the few exception like the 3 cases where warrantles arrest can be done..or there is prima facie evidence that the accused is going to flight..i dont think there is a basis for the right of a woman to avoid arrest if it falls to the 3 cases....however if the arrest is due to a warrant issued by competent court no person can resist the arrest...it is applicable to man also...there is no substantial distinction between the two...so equal protection of the law should be applied... :mtc:

guys help naman! os is windows 98 and the problem is that the floppy drive keeps on reading/moving every few seconds even if you are not doing anything.

you would hear the floppy drive moving/scanning and the light would lit up.

you would also see the cursor changing like its reading something, it would happen every 3 to 5 seconds.

i have disabled the drive in the bios so the drive is not scanning anymore, but the cursor is still changing.

but if i'm on safe mode with the floppy drive enabled, the drive is not scanning and the cursor is not changing.

i have set the bios to optimized defaults but it did not work.

i have scanned the registry and it is clean.

i have disconnected all the power supply cables on the motherboard but it did not work either.

Ok lang, as long as they do justice to the song they are covering or reviving. To cover a song don't necessarily mean na walang talent ang isang singer or band but maybe it's his/her/their way of paying tribute to a singer or band whom have greatly influenced them. Doon naman sa mga revival ng mga songs ng eraserheads, it was done for a tribute abum yata hence ang daming revive na songs ng eheads as of late, just my little piece of opinion..

ako po, ung labor issues ko, pwedeng patulong din

chenelynmae, the way I see it, it is not right for your previous employer to withhold your final pay just because the particular account that you were working on was not finished at the time you left.

You were not contracted as an independent contractor.

As a typical employee, your obligation was only limited to rendering the equivalent work that a diligent employee could accomplish at the time of his employment. If your work can be characterized as such then you are entitled to all the compensation and benefits that you have earned during your employment less accountabilities. :)

may isa pa pala akong problem....

dalawa harddisk ko, ang isa seagate at ang isa maxtor parehong 20 gig.

ung maxtor working dati sa windows 98 kaya lang nagkaproblema...nag-install ako ng xp dito sa maxtor kaya lang ayaw tumuloy ng installation palaging blue screen, unmountable boot volume ang error. nag checkdisk na ako pero di pa rin mag-install ang xp.

ung seagate ko, ok naman siya kahit ilang beses ko ng na-reinstallan ng xp.

ngayon bumili ako ng 40 gig na seagate pero hindi ko rin mainstallan ng xp. blue screen din at unmountable boot volume din ang error. pero kapag sa ibang cpu installan itong 40 gig seagate, ok naman....kapag sa computer ko ayaw na.

kaya lang ang nakakapagtaka, ung seagate ko na 20 gig, wala namang problema kahit ilang beses ko ng nainstallan ng xp.

processor: amd duron 900

memory: 256mb

mbd: redfox

would appreciate any suggestion

may isa pa pala akong problem....

dalawa harddisk ko, ang isa seagate at ang isa maxtor parehong 20 gig.

ung maxtor working dati sa windows 98 kaya lang nagkaproblema...nag-install ako ng xp dito sa maxtor kaya lang ayaw tumuloy ng installation palaging blue screen, unmountable boot volume ang error. nag  checkdisk na ako pero di pa rin mag-install ang xp.

ung seagate ko, ok naman siya kahit ilang beses ko ng na-reinstallan ng xp.

ngayon bumili ako ng 40 gig na seagate pero hindi ko rin mainstallan ng xp. blue screen din at unmountable boot volume din ang error. pero kapag sa ibang cpu installan itong 40 gig seagate, ok naman....kapag sa computer ko ayaw na.

kaya lang ang nakakapagtaka, ung seagate ko na 20 gig, wala namang problema kahit ilang beses ko ng nainstallan ng xp.

processor: amd duron 900

memory: 256mb

mbd: redfox

would appreciate any suggestion

pwedeng bad memory. ano exact message dun sa BSOD?

badly need an expert's opinion kc 3 months since i left my previous employer, I have not received pa din my last pay. Below are the facts:

1. I am a regular employee not a project employee. I have been with my previous company for more than 3 years. When I joined the company, tambak nga ung backlogs e.

2. I gave my 1 month notice of intention to leave the company November 7 of last year. It was duly accepted evidenced by the note on my resignation letter. (I wasn't able to secure a copy. I verbally asked the person in charge of the 201 file to give me a copy, but he refused).

3. During the 1 month period, i turned over all file and docs pertaining to my function as accountant of the company. (I have not finished the Books of Accounts, but the infos, docs and reports needed to be written on the books were already finished. These docs and reports were turned over to the new accountant evidenced by the receiving sheet that i have on my file.) (IF you will check their books din, same cut-off na binigay nila sa kin, di din updated books nila. Actually, even the comptroller is working on her 2004 books pa.)

4. I left the company December 6 of last year. My new employer required me to secure a certification from my previous employer. I have made my verbal request for the issuance of my certification, but the company refused to issue one. (Is their refusal legal?)

5. An employee of my previous company volunteered to finish the books of accounts. (Since it will be an easy job.) You will just copy everything that is on the printed copy. The comptroller refuses for reasons I can't understand. If the objective is to finish the book, why not let that employee do it. It is done to other company's books of account. (Group of companies kc)

6. I have emailed the daughter of the owner requesting for my last pay and she forwarded the request to the comptroller. I received a mail stating that only after issuance of clearance will my last pay be released.

7. My last pay includes conversion of leave credits for years 2003, 2004 & 2005. Salary for the period December 1-16, 2005. (When she told me to compute for my last pay she told me to include my 14th month pay for the year because the owner wanted to give me the amount.)

ISSUES: The comptroller won’t issue the clearance, meaning she won’t process my last pay. Based on the facts presented above, does the company (comptroller) have the legal rights to withhold my final pay? What actions do I need to make in order for me to get the amount the company owes me. Please advise.

Thank you. I’m really looking forward to your insights.

DAGDAG:

pinadalhan niya ako ng sulat noong deceber/january na nagsasabi na binibigyan nya ako ng pagkakataon na tapusin ang pagsulat sa mga libro. Ang mali ko di ko sinagot ang sulat nya. Gusto nya kc na magreport ako for 1 whole week na di naman pwede dahil may bago na akong trabaho.

Wala akong plano na sulatin ung libro. I offered dati na what ever it is na di ko natapos or kelangan pa ng more time for the turn over period, I can come back on Saturdays. But after what she did during my last 2 weeks, no way na.

And ang point ko pa. Utang ng kumpanya sa akin ang amount na hinahabol ko. Leave conversion un. SL and VL. dapt convertible ung VL pagtapos ng taon na applicable cya. lahat ng hindi nagamit. Nagamit na nga nila ung pera na dapat ay nasa akin na e.

Ayan nagiging emotional na ako. PAsensya na po.

Tingin mo, dahil sa ayaw kong sulatin ung libro, dapat ko na ding kalimutan ung perang hinihingi ko sa kanila?

hello.....its not an expert opinion but i hope it could shed light in your case....

1. the fact of your case stated that your a regular employee hence your obligation or responsibility to the company is terminated upon tendering and acceptance of your employer of your resignation kahit pa me backlog ka...coz dats what make you difference to a project employee..

2. you are entitled to your last pay and all monetary benifits given to a regular employee upon termination of the employment.

3. however, it is SOP for the comptroller to withheld it until you clear yourself for any accountabilities to the company.

4. if the reason for not issuing clearance is the fact that you have not finished the book of accounts, the refusal is not legal based on the assumption that you are indeed the regular employee..

5. if until now you havent resib what is due on you, myt as well you go to the nlrc to file a complaint..

goodluck and godbless :mtc:

transcience, (and please mtc lawyers comments)

annulment is becoming a generic word when people intend to have a declaration of nullity under article 36 (psychological incapacity). 50k for a package is cheap since for the psychologist alone 25k na plus appearance fee for at least 2 hearings, e yung sa abogado pa at kung minamalas-malas ka pa sa fiscal.

if both parties wanted the marriage to be dissolved, the easiest way is to file annulment based on intrinsic fraud, it's easy as one party alleging and the other admitting that he or she is gay and hid said fact to the other prior to the marriage. but of course, there must be no signs of collusion or else, mahal na naman babayaran nyo kay fiscal.

annulment is becoming a generic word when people intend to have a declaration of nullity under article 36 (psychological incapacity).  50k for a package is cheap since for the psychologist alone 25k na plus appearance fee for at least 2 hearings, e yung sa abogado pa at kung minamalas-malas ka pa sa fiscal.

if both parties wanted the marriage to be dissolved, the easiest way is to file annulment based on intrinsic fraud, it's easy as one party alleging and the other admitting that he or she is gay and hid said fact to the other prior to the marriage.  but of course, there must be no signs of collusion or else, mahal na naman babayaran nyo kay fiscal.

i do believe ang isa pang pampalaking gasto ay kung mag appeal ang OSG.

50k? mukhang sobrang baba yan. an accepatnce fee costs 100k na agad.

i could be wrong.

for the sake of discussion, what if the grounds of the annulment is infidelity? would that merit an annulment?

in my case, i still am legally married but have been separated for quite sometime. i have a healthy friendly relationship with the ex. the thought of annulment was raised before but have not progressed since then. i've asked lawyer friends for costing. cost and expenses range from php80k-php300k, fees obviously would depend on the lawyer.

guys, will appreciate your comments. thanks.

annulment is becoming a generic word when people intend to have a declaration of nullity under article 36 (psychological incapacity).  50k for a package is cheap since for the psychologist alone 25k na plus appearance fee for at least 2 hearings, e yung sa abogado pa at kung minamalas-malas ka pa sa fiscal.

if both parties wanted the marriage to be dissolved, the easiest way is to file annulment based on intrinsic fraud, it's easy as one party alleging and the other admitting that he or she is gay and hid said fact to the other prior to the marriage.  but of course, there must be no signs of collusion or else, mahal na naman babayaran nyo kay fiscal.

aside from being gay, what else constitutes intrinsic fraud?

for the sake of discussion, what if the grounds of the annulment is infidelity? would that merit an annulment?

in my case, i still am legally married but have been separated for quite sometime. i have a healthy friendly relationship with the ex. the thought of annulment was raised before but have not progressed since then. i've asked lawyer friends for costing. cost and expenses range from php80k-php300k, fees obviously would depend on the lawyer.

guys, will appreciate your comments. thanks.

wheww...i dont have my family code with me..but anyway as far as i remember there are few grounds for the granting of annulment and infedility is not among of them.. however it is a grounds for legal separation....