Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guest Leviticus
Tried that already and the problem remained. I even tried what my professor said about lowering my AGP to 2x since in his experience VIA based motherboards always had a problem with the 4x settings but still to no avail. It is quite weird and I haven't experience anything like this before. I even downloaded other cracks for the executable just in case it was just a broken crack but it still hangs then crashes. It is weird though that the crash can be avoided if you switch to your desktop fast enough... :P

P.S. The "Could it be that my machine is too much for this game?" was supposed to be followed by a " :P " to indicate it was a joke. The phrase could only apply to legacy games such as those developed for DOS and relies on the CPU timing to function correctly.  :lol:

Your assumption that it could be an antivirus software running could be correct (partially). try disabling the other programs running before playing battlerealms (you know.. di the "3 finger salute" then isa isahin mong i-off; ctrl+alt+del). Maybe too much background programs ang tumatakbo. scan for spam and adware na rin because interfere rin ang mga popups nila; might even be eating up your processing power.

If all wala pa rin better buy the original battle realms cd :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Guest Leviticus
GUYS, HELP

eto yung problema

MAY PC ako, tapos finormat ko siya using SEAGATE DISC WIZARD.

tapos may 3 partitions ako. nag install ako ngayon ng WINDOWS ME.

ok, nag install sya sa una, pero nung nag 2nd restart na sya, ayaw na mag diretso, tapos lalabas after 30 minutes siguro - WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR - YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, SYSTEM HALTED. blue ang background nya.. help guys!! kasi pag xp naman ang i install ko, ok naman, gumagana naman. tapos pag ang ginamit ko na partitioning and formatting software ay yung old way na DOS start-up disk, ganun din ang nangyayari sa WIN ME.. help please... kasi bukas na yung final exam namin sa PC assembling and OS installation...

Maybe late na but pahabol na rin...

Did you set the active boot partition in CMOS where the windows ME is located?

Try format and partitioning using a startup disk rather than using the seagate disc wizard.

Guest Leviticus
Maybe late na but pahabol na rin...

Did you set the active boot partition in CMOS where the windows ME is located?   

Try format and partitioning using a startup disk rather than using the seagate disc wizard.

Oppss.. did i say CMOS? I meant "Did you set the active boot partition USING FDISK where the windows ME is located?"

Baka dahil 3 ang partition mo nalilito ang unit mo kung saan magboot.

Also general tip: Always check your jumper settings

Guest Leviticus
Oppss.. did i say CMOS? I meant "Did you set the active boot partition USING FDISK where the windows ME is located?"

Baka dahil 3 ang partition mo nalilito ang unit mo kung saan magboot.

Also general tip:  Always check your jumper settings

Sorry.. ideas just keep popping up in my head kasi kaya per installment ang replies ko (mods pasensya na sa multiple replies).

baka hindi compatible and hard disc format. generally dapat fat32 ka hindi yung bagong ntfs (correct me if im wrong) that windows XP is defaulted to format and partition.

Yun lang ang maisip ko why sa win XP gumagana but win ME hindi. also check mo kung ang startup disc mo is from win ME or boot ka na lang sa cd ng windows ME.

Sorry.. ideas just keep popping up in my head kasi kaya per installment ang replies ko (mods pasensya na sa multiple replies).

baka hindi compatible and hard disc format.  generally dapat fat32 ka hindi yung bagong ntfs (correct me if im wrong) that windows XP is defaulted to format and partition.

Yun lang ang maisip ko why sa win XP gumagana but win ME hindi.  also check mo kung ang startup disc mo is from win ME or boot ka na lang sa cd ng windows ME.

:cool: pede...

criminal laws are described as territorial.  this means that you can only be prosecuted for acts committed in a place where it is declared unlawful.  in fine, if you marry another in the US despite the existing valid marriage in the Philippines, you cannot be held liable for bigamy defined under Philippine laws, the act (of marrying for the second time) having been committed in the US.

you may however be prosecuted for bigamy as defined under US laws.

Panero,

You have to consider that Bigamy is also considered to be a continuing offense. Which means, although the act was done outside of the Philippines, it becomes an offense as well in the Philippines if the individual enters Philippine soil. In other words, even if you got married outside of the Philippines, when you enter the Philippines, you are still considered to have entered into a second marriage while the first one is subsisting. :) Thus, you can still be prosecuted in the Philippines.

Does abyone know of any local company that does data recovery from hard discs? I'm not talking of "oops...i formatted my HD by mistake", but rather my HD isn't even detected by the BIOS. I've been told of companies in Singapore that do this, but its just too expensive if you factor in shipping. any help would be appriciated!

GUYS, HELP

eto yung problema

MAY PC ako, tapos finormat ko siya using SEAGATE DISC WIZARD.

tapos may 3 partitions ako. nag install ako ngayon ng WINDOWS ME.

ok, nag install sya sa una, pero nung nag 2nd restart na sya, ayaw na mag diretso, tapos lalabas after 30 minutes siguro - WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR - YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, SYSTEM HALTED. blue ang background nya.. help guys!! kasi pag xp naman ang i install ko, ok naman, gumagana naman. tapos pag ang ginamit ko na partitioning and formatting software ay yung old way na DOS start-up disk, ganun din ang nangyayari sa WIN ME.. help please... kasi bukas na yung final exam namin sa PC assembling and OS installation...

I would like to ask first before I suggest.

How big is your Hard drive? Brand?

Why 3 partitions?

Remember, if you're going to run dual boot using ME and XP, the file system should be FAT32.

Does abyone know of any local company that does data recovery from hard discs? I'm not talking of "oops...i formatted my HD by mistake", but rather my HD isn't even detected by the BIOS. I've been told of companies in Singapore that do this, but its just too expensive if you factor in shipping. any help would be appriciated!

How big is your hard drive and brand? Is it PATA or SATA?

Your assumption that it could be an antivirus software running could be correct (partially).  try disabling the other programs running before playing battlerealms (you know.. di the "3 finger salute" then isa isahin mong i-off; ctrl+alt+del).  Maybe too much background programs ang tumatakbo.  scan for spam and adware na rin because interfere rin ang mga popups nila; might even be eating up your processing power.

If all wala pa rin better buy the original battle realms cd  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ;)

Did those already too although my post was about my AGP port's data rate and not my antivirus. (using NOD32) :P It still hangs then crashes. Really weird problem. Also, it's impossible for spam/adware to be installed since it's a computer that isn't connected in any way to the internet. :cool:

Guest PinkGraffiti
halos puro revivals naririnig ko sa radyo...lalo na sa dwrr, puro "champions" ang kumakanta, kaso puro revival naman...wala na bang magagandang kanta na magawa? sinasadya yata na ang unang i-release na kanta e yung nakanta na noon...for song recall and singer awareness ba? sa isang bagong CD, sa sampung kanta, lima doon, revivals...tapos pati si gary v and martin and regine v., revivals na din...wala na bang talento ang pinoy sa paggawa ng kanta?

hindi naman sguro lahat ng artists ay ganon ang motibo. who knows? hindi naman imposible na may mga paborito talaga silang kanta na pinangarap nilang kantahin at isama sa album nila. yung bang, gusto rin nila marinig sa ere ng mga listeners na sila ang kumakanta..

tsaka, pride din yun para sa mga original sa mga orig na kumanta ng mga revivals na yan. imagine, kahit gaano na katagal ng awitin nila, ay hindi pa rin binabaon sa limot at nalilipasan ng panahon..

sigro, ang maganda sa mga revivals ay yung creativity at pagiging artistic ng mga singers kung paano nila kakantahin sa ibang pitch, melody, instrumentals at kung ano-ano pang components ng music para masabing may pagkakaiba din ito kung hindi man sa lyrics ng mga nirevive nila..

Nakakaasar ang mga revivals ngayon. Nire-revive ang mga kantang magaganda pero those artists do not give justice to the song.Have you heard Coldplay's "The Scientist" being sung by Natasha Bedingfield(tama ba?)That song is just too damn good to be sung by someone else.Isa pang example yung 214 by Rivermaya na kinanta ni Luke Mejares?Kainis , parang si LA Lopez yung kumanta.hehe.But there are some covers or revivals na maganda sa pandinig tulad ng mga songs ng Hotdog na ni-revive ng different local bands.....At marami pa...

Have you even tried to use the hard disk using another computer? Preferably newer ones with updated BIOS.

Is there anyone who can help me with my immigration problems? Im here in the USA as a tourist. Then there is a employer who is willing to hire me for his company. Im a mechanical engineer and his company is more on a civil engineering company. They do civils works, surveys and draws topography maps. He is willing to train me to do civil works and drawings and he is willing to sponsor me after six months or it depends upon my performance. I was allowed to stay here for six months in the port of entry or until Oct 2005. My question is, is it possible for a company to sponsor a mechanical engineer, even its firm is more on civil engineering works? If its possible, what am I expecting for my working visa? How long will I stay here in US to be able to be legalized. What else do i need to ask from him? Can I get my family back in there in the Philippines? Can I go home in the Phillipines to get my family? Thus the INS approved this kind of case? :(

Is there anyone who can help me with my immigration problems? Im here in the USA as a tourist. Then there is a employer who is willing to hire me for his company. Im a mechanical engineer and his company is more on a civil engineering company. They do civils works, surveys and draws topography maps. He is willing to train me to do civil works and drawings and he is willing to sponsor me after six months or it depends upon my performance. I was allowed to stay here for six months in the port of entry or until Oct 2005. My question is, is it possible for a company to sponsor a mechanical engineer,  even its firm is more on civil engineering works? If its possible, what am I expecting for my working visa? How long will I stay here in US to be able to be legalized. What else do i need to ask from him? Can I get my family back in there in the Philippines? Can I go home in the Phillipines to get my family? Thus the INS approved this kind of case?  :(

your prospective employer has two options. it may sponsor you for a non-immigrant H1B (working) or an EB3 immigrant visa. it doesn't really matter if it is a civil engineering company and you're a mechanical engineer. what is important is that they got a need for a mechanical engineer, the US job market cannot fill it up, they have the means to pay for your wages, that you professionally qualify and that you're not otherwise disqualified (like being a national security risk).

in the case of an H1B, the employer needs to apply for a labor attestation with the Labor Department stating therein among others that he is capable and willing to pay you the same salary as the prevailing rate at the locality where he operates before he files the petition. if approved, you will be entitled to remain here in the US and work. you can also travel outside the US. although your family members will likewise be entitled to a H4 (dependents) visa, they cannot work unless they themselves get succesfully petitioned for a working or becomes eligible for an immigrant visa. some college school fees can be more expensive to non-residents. processing may take 1-3 years on the average.

insofar as EB3 is concerned, the employer needs to get a labor certification from the Labor Department showing the job qualification, and that the existing labor market cannot fill up the position. this is how they prioritize citizens and residents. this process can take about a year. then a visa petition may be filed. if the petition is approved, you and your family will each be granted immigrant visas which will allow all of you to remain, travel (for not more than 6 months) outside of the US, work and go through college without the extra tuition fees. the petition part can take between 2-5 years on the average. with the current retrogression (this means that the allocated number of visas has been used up) of EB3 visas in the Philippines, it may take even longer.

overall, the H1B visa is faster but less secured and less beneficial compared to an EB3.

your prospective employer has two options.  it may sponsor you for a non-immigrant H1B (working) or an EB3 immigrant visa.  it doesn't really matter if it is a civil engineering company and you're a mechanical engineer.  what is important is that they got a need for a mechanical engineer, the US job market cannot fill it up, they have the means to pay for your wages, that you professionally qualify and that you're not otherwise disqualified (like being a national security risk).

in the case of an H1B, the employer needs to apply for a labor attestation with the Labor Department stating therein among others that he is capable and willing to pay you the same salary as the prevailing rate at the locality where he operates before he files the petition.  if approved, you will be entitled to remain here in the US and work.  you can also travel outside the US.  although your family members will likewise be entitled to a H4 (dependents) visa, they cannot work unless they themselves get succesfully petitioned for a working or becomes eligible for an immigrant visa.  some college school fees can be more expensive to non-residents. processing may take 1-3 years on the average.

insofar as EB3 is concerned, the employer needs to get a labor certification from the Labor Department showing the job qualification, and that the existing labor market cannot fill up the position.  this is how they prioritize citizens and residents. this process can take about a year.  then a visa petition may be filed.  if the petition is approved, you and your family will each be granted immigrant visas which will allow all of you to remain, travel (for not more than 6 months) outside of the US, work and go through college without the extra tuition fees.  the petition part can take between 2-5 years on the average.  with the current retrogression (this means that the allocated number of visas has been used up) of EB3 visas in the Philippines, it may take even longer.

overall, the H1B visa is faster but less secured and less beneficial compared to an EB3.

so what is the first thing do whenever i accepted the job? If he chose H1-B, Will i tell the employer to file it immediately? ive heard that H1b are release every oct. Will i catch up this years quota? I arrived here just last April 19, what is the best time to file my working visa?

my aunt sued some business partner for bouncing checks. Her lawyer however told her that her case might be dismissed because she did not send a demand letter to the business partner. My aunt is puzzled since the case is already in court and it has been pending there sometime. Is demand letter really important. How can she remedy her situation. Can she fire her lawyer? MTC lawyers pls help