Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Sirs,

My brother is planning to close his business due to some reasons, what are the necessary steps to do, presently he has some obligations to PLDT (advertisement) and others, but he cannot pay it now, but hopefully on a staggered. What should he do?

is your brother's business a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship?

pre tanong ko lang saan sa manila pinaka mura mag assemble pc na malinis at walang fake parts... meron daw kasing labas ang asus na fake gawa china na naka kalat sa manila o pinas...salamat!!

:cool:

Try this.. :)

CyberZone

4th Floor, Bldg. B

SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City

Tel: 683-0532 to 33

Office Hours: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM Mon-Sun

Magandang gabi mga tsong. May newly-approved guidelines na rin with regard to pre-trial and modes of discovery. Guidelines sya for the court in handling the said matters. Syempre, it will affect lawyers. Nabrowse ko lang yung copy kanina, di ko nabasa ng lubusan, dami kasi work eh.

you can shoot your Qs here kapatid...

we'll try to answe them. ;)

my wife went to u.s. 3 yrs ago with a valid 10 yr multiple tourist visa and she stayed there for 2 weeks to visit some relatives. when she came back, we tried applying for a visa thru drop box procedure which includes me and my 5 yr old son. however, we were scheduled for an interview a few months later. at the time of the interview, we only have a little over 200 thou in our bank account and i thought this was not enough. so i went to some people who are making bank accounts and sure enough, they added a few thousand pesos in our bank account.

during the interview, the consul only asked for the bank account. he chcked the bank and found out that there was misrepresentation on our part. (fraud) he cancelled(without prejudice) my wife's tourist visa and denied me and my son.

now this is our situation, my wife is also a nurse and she was sponsored by a hospital for E-3 visa ( employment based immigrant visa) which includes the whole family. we have an upcoming interview next month. will our previous problem be brought up during our immigrant visa interview and will this somehow affect our application for immigrant visa eventhough our previous problem was due to our tourist visa? thanks for the advice guys!

coychee,

Sir, sole proprietor, thanks sa reply please advise.

Your brother should apply for cancellation of his single proprietorship at the DTI. Application forms are available at the DTI.

He must also submit an affidavit of cancellation of the registered business name stating the reasons and that he has has no outstanding creditors at the time of closure of establishment or if there where creditor(s), copy of notice to them.

He must also submit the original copies of the business name certificate or in alternative, an affidavit of loss.

Guest templar
will our previous problem be brought up during our immigrant visa interview and will this somehow affect our application for immigrant visa eventhough our previous problem was due to our tourist visa? thanks for the advice guys!

Yes, most certainly your prior tourist visa application will come up as soon as your name is punched into their computer ...... and, yes, it will likely affect your present visa application... the granting of entry visas into any country is a privilege (i.e. discretionary), not a right (except for humanitarian, diplomatic and/or exceptional reasons), bestowed by the host country (US) upon the visiting applicant ..... but who knows? .... luck may favor you!

A friend of mine had a similar experience .... got a tourist visa way back in the early 80s, became an undocumented worker and overstayed in the US .... good thing he went home before the INS found out about him. Late 90s, he was directly recruited by a multinational so he applied for a sponsored working visa. When interviewed, his old record came up and his visa application was denied. It took a letter from a DFA official and the EVP of the multinational company to the US consul in the Philippines to finally convince them to grant him that visa. He's been in the US since then.... ;)

HTH

Edited by templar666

mga sirs,

i have a few questions...

kasi i've this friend, she says she got married underaged, that is below 18, somehow the other party got somebody they know at the local registrar and had her age changed in the marriage license. Now this so called union went kaputt...went their separate ways.

I told her, the marriage is null and void because, she was "menor de edad", now im not a legal eagle, but please confirm if im correct, and what are the implications with the children because of this?

thanks!

post-53-1090384559.jpg

Edited by roxysnonie
Rox: the kids are illegit. Void marriage due to lack of legal capacity (Underage)

But, the question is: What does she want? remarry? Who's attacking the legality of the marriage?

no, far from it.

but the thing is, the guy's using the so called marriage as a reason to milk money out ot the girl, though the kid's with her, sort of a blackmail trump card...

a third party! the girl wants a legit family...

post-53-1090388721.jpg

mga sirs,

i have a few questions...

kasi i this friend, she says she got married underaged, that is below 18, somehow the other party got somebody they know at the local registrar and had her age changed in the marriage license. Now this so called union we kaputt...went their separate ways.

I told her, the marriage is null and void because she was "menor de edad", now im not a legal eagle, but please confirm if im correct, and what are the implications with the children because of this?

thanks!

if i may interject.

would you know when the marriage was celebrated? you're correct in saying that the marriage is void only if it was celebrated after the Family Code took effect in 1988. assuming that the marriage is indeed void, the kids are illegitimate.

you say the guy's using the kids to milk money from the girl. do you mean that the guy is threatening to take custody of the kids if the girl doesn't give him money? if this is the case then ...

1. do you know how old the kids are?

custody of children below 7 years of age is normally granted to the mom. the exception to this rule is when the mom is "unfit" to have custody, such as when she is of loose morals.

2. if there is no compelling reason for the courts to deviate from the general rule in no. 1 above, then i suggest that the girl file a petition for declaration of nullity of the marriage.

i hope this helps. but there are other issues concerning this matter that should be threshed out, such as support and the property relations of the parties. if you want, you (or your friend) can email me.

Gandang hapon po :lol: I've been back reading this thread na for two weeks. Very helpful and educational para sa aken. Salamat po :cool:

Consult ko lang po yung situation dito sa office. I'm working for Japanese company. We have an officemate who is half Japanese and I think dual citizen sya. Needless to say, management is favoring him. Ano po ba ang batas in employing dual citizens? He is a member of our employees union. We suspect that he is leaking out information to management about the union. Currently, we are negotiating our CBA and it is obvious that management is getting info about what was discussed in the union meetings. We would like to kick him out but we can't get solid proof.

Salamat po ulit :)