Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

thank you for that question cruiser007... was going to ask the same thing..... could you please PM me if you are attending and under what group you want to be affiliated with, since we realize that several of you may be multi-affiliated, what with the myriad of groups in our site.. ;) :mtc:

need help!

iv got a problem with my pc..

VBS Redlof.a.gen (and other forms of it)

anyone knows where i can get a fix for this virus? my anti-v can't seem to get rid of it.

This is a visual basic script, that automatically infects HTM, HTML, PHP, or ASP files. Its caused by a vunerability in Active X controls.

The problem lies with your webhost i think, unless you have somehow uploaded the infected files.

Look for this file kjwall.gif

follow up question about that video card with tv out... tv out and tv tuner is two different thing right??? i have a video card with tv out the specs is inno3d geforce fx5200... was askin u how can i make this thing work in a cam using not a separate tv but the monitor... do u think i need a capture card ??

YEah.. tv tuner and video w/ tv out are to different entities. video out options are usually used to give signal to a tv -- same as the use of the monitor. In the absence of a monitor, u can use a tv screen for u to work on ur pc. nothing spectacular abt the option. From experience, a tv isnt a good substitute for a monitor, especially on the gaming part.

With regard to ur other question. im pretty confused with it. Do you mean, the signal on the cam be displayed on the monitor??? in real time??? well if this is the case, i guess those tv outs wont be of any help for you... As the term implies "video out" then the signal should be coming from the pc (source) to the what ever medium (usually a tv).

my 2 cents

i have about five usb devices. and only two usb ports. should I get a usb card or a usb hub? what do you suggest?

USB cards have three primary purposes:

1 Provide USB connectivity for desktop computers without USB ports

2 As a work around for problematic onboard USB host controllers

3 Increase system USB bandwidth

When adding USB to an older computer, success depends upon a BIOS version that properly supports USB, (June 1998 or newer) and Win98 or newer operating system. Vintage 1996-97 motherboards are particularly difficult to upgrade even those with Intel chipsets. Many of these older systems can NOT achieve satisfactory USB connectivity.

USB cards, unlike hubs, provide additional USB bandwidth, normally 12Mb/s per card. Cards equipped with the new Lucent USS-344, "Quadrabus", silicon provide 48Mp/s of USB bandwidth per card.

It depends on what you want... Good Luck! :)

peace bro,

i read lakay210's comment on vvv's question regarding unionbank collection...

my brother have similar problem (medyo lang), siempre sa citibank dahil talagang nahirapan siyang magbayad because lumiit kita dahil nawala mga project niya sa office nila, but he faithfully pay naman yung utang niya before and he even closed na nga the two cards he has in his posession noong 2001, pero binuyo siya ng binuyo ng citibank ayun binuksan niya uli, but the effect noong ng mawala mga project sa office nila e nahirapan na siyang magbayad, his limit is 60,000 (2 cards, 30k each) but because di na nga siya nakakapagbayad for the last six months e umabot na ng 88k...

his last letter e kakasuhan daw siya based on RA 8484 about access devices, if he leave his place of work or home without imforming them...

how's that? he informeed them before na nahihirapan siya and he's willing to pay muna one card tapos follow na the other card, nung okay na, e bigla din siyang iniform na dapat sabay na (sa amnesty program)... since ayaw nilang maniwala na kulang na talaga budget niya and he promised to pay naman pag ok na siya... kinukulit pa rin siya to the point na di na niya kinakausap sinuman ang call sa office niya...

he is asking me na talagang wala siyang pambayad pa now... at the same time e siguro ganti na lang daw niya yun sa citibank, sinarado na nga raw niya e, pinabukas pa uli...

what dya think? dadalawin ko na ba sa jail utol ko? he he

peace

peace bro,

i read lakay210's comment on vvv's question regarding unionbank collection...

my brother have similar problem (medyo lang), siempre sa citibank dahil talagang nahirapan siyang magbayad because lumiit kita dahil nawala mga project niya sa office nila, but he faithfully pay naman yung utang niya before and he even closed na nga the two cards he has in his posession noong 2001, pero binuyo siya ng binuyo ng citibank ayun binuksan niya uli, but the effect noong ng mawala mga project sa office nila e nahirapan na siyang magbayad, his limit is 60,000 (2 cards, 30k each) but because di na nga siya nakakapagbayad for the last six months e umabot na ng 88k...

his last letter e kakasuhan daw siya based on RA 8484 about access devices, if he leave his place of work or home without imforming them...

how's that? he informeed them before na nahihirapan siya and he's willing to pay muna one card tapos follow na the other card, nung okay na, e bigla din siyang iniform na dapat sabay na (sa amnesty program)... since ayaw nilang maniwala na kulang na talaga budget niya and he promised to pay naman pag ok na siya... kinukulit pa rin siya to the point na di na niya kinakausap sinuman ang call sa office niya...

he is asking me na talagang wala siyang pambayad pa now... at the same time e siguro ganti na lang daw niya yun sa citibank, sinarado na nga raw niya e, pinabukas pa uli...

what dya think? dadalawin ko na ba sa jail utol ko? he he

peace

habang abala pa yung mga kompanyero ko sa paghahanda sa patitipun ng mga katoto natin sa MTC mamaya, sasagutin ko muna ang ang iyong katanungan.

as a matter of self-preservation, credit card companies and often even more so their collecting agents will move heaven and earth to get back what any debtor owe them. in their pursuit to cut on their losses, they employ various means ranging from simple reminders that 'you may have overlooked your payables' to something more drastic like threats and other forms of harrassment (including nagging phone calls and lawsuits for violation of RA 8484).

lets see what the law says. RA 8484 declares unlawful the act of obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device, with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter.

the mere inability to pay a credit card indebtedness (including all the mind bogling charges) cannot be so casually equated with fraud. it is in the deceiptive manner in which credit card was used that constitute the act sought to be punished under this law. in your brother's case there is no showing that such fraud exist as his non-payment is apparently a result of an unforseen change in his financial condition.

moreover, fraud, being a state of the mind is difficult to prove. it can only be deduced by the offenders action. while said law states that: 'a cardholder who abandons or surreptitiously leaves the place of employment, business or residence stated in his application or credit card, without informing the credit card company of the place where he could actually be found, if at the time of such abandonment or surreptitious leaving, the outstanding and unpaid balance is past due for at least ninety (90) days and is more than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00), shall be prima facie presumed to have used his credit card with intent to defraud,' but then again the facts does not show that your brother stealthily left his residence or office without informing the bank. besides, even if he indeed left or will leave without due notice to the bank, the above provision only states that his flight 'might be (not necessarily)' a sign of fraud.

this prima facie presumption however cannot overcome the constitutional presumption of innocence. the bank still has the burden of proving beyond reasonable doubt that your brother used his credit card without the intention of paying for it.

having said that, (lest i be misinterpreted by other readers) i am not saying that it is okay not to pay credit card debts. what i am saying is that given his circumstances, your brother will likely not be charged, let alone convicted for violation of RA 8484. he may however be subjected to a civil case for collection of sum of money, which, although civil nature, can equally be time-consuming, stressful and expensive. i would highly recommend coming up with a doable solution to enable your brother to pay up the bank (follow Lakay's advise).

naway kahit papaano'y makatulong sa iyong kapatid ang aking payo. :)

Edited by TeeUp
sa mga notaryo publiko dyan...fyi.

July 12, 2004

Supreme Court Overhauls Rules on Notarial Practice

In order to curb abuses in notarial practice, the Supreme Court recently approved the 2004 Rules on Notarial Practice, set to take effect on the August 1, 2004. The Court promulgated on July 6, 2004 En Banc resolution in A.M. No. 02-8-13-SC, laying down the Rules to simplify, clarify, and modernize the rules governing notaries public; to foster ethical conduct among them; and to promote, serve and protect public interest. The Rules will repeal or modify all inconsistent rules, including issuances of the Supreme Court; but they will not repeal, amend or supersede the Notarial Law (Title IV, Chapter II of the Revised Administrative Code) and other pertinent laws in force.

The principal function of a notary public is to authenticate documents by certifying to the due execution and delivery of a document under his hand and seal. Several new provisions introduced in the 2004 Rules on Notarial Practice have no counterparts in the Notarial Law as laid down in the Administrative Code.

Starting August 1, 2004, it will no longer be sufficient to merely present a community tax certificate, commonly known as residence tax certificate or cedula, when acknowledging a document before a notary pubic. The Rules now explicitly prohibit the performance of a notarial act if the person involved as signatory to the instrument or document (1) is not in the notary's presence personally at the time of the notarization; and (2) is not personally known to the notary public or otherwise identified by the notary public through competent evidence of identity. "Competent evidence of identity" refers to identification based on: (a) at least one current

identification document issued by an official agency bearing the photograph and signature of the individual; or (B) the oath or affirmation of one credible witness who is personally known to the notary public and who personally knows the individual, or of two credible witnesses who each personally knows the individual and shows to the notary public documentary identification. Aside from such competent evidence of identity, the signatory to the document to be notarized must still present his or her

community tax certificate, as required by C.A. 465.

Under the new Rules, only an Executive Judge of a Regional Trial Court, not just any RTC Judge, can issue commissions to notaries public. The Executive Judge must conduct a summary hearing on the application and any person who has any cause or reason to object to the grant of the notarial commission would now be granted the opportunity to file a verified written opposition, a first in the history of Philippine notarial practice. A "notarial commission" refers to the grant of authority to perform notarial acts.

Executive Judges are mandated by the new Rules to cause the prosecution of anyone who (a) knowingly acts or otherwise impersonates a notary public; (B) knowingly obtains, conceals, defaces, or destroys the seal, notarial register, or official records of a notary public; and © knowingly solicits, coerces, or in any way influences a notary public to commit official misconduct.

The Rules prohibit notaries public from performing notarial acts outside their respective regular places of work or business, in consonance with an earlier Supreme Court resolution requiring every notary public to hold office at a specific and appropriate address. But now, the 2004 Rules provide for only four exceptional occasions or situations when a notarial act may be performed at the request of the parties in the following places within the notary public's territorial jurisdiction:

(1) public offices, convention halls, and similar places where oaths of office may be administered;

(2) public function areas in hotels and similar places for the signing of instruments or documents requiring notarization;

(3) hospitals and other medical institutions where a party to an instrument or document is confined for treatment; and

(4) any place where a party to an instrument or document requiring notarization under detention.

The Rules will now regulate the sale and manufacture of notarial seals. The sale of notarial seals will only be allowed upon written authorization from the Executive Judge, after verification and investigation of the qualifications of the vendors or manufacturers. Moreover, vendors and manufacturers can only sell notarial seals to buyers who submit certified copies of their notarial commissions, as well as their Certificates of Authorization to Purchase a Notarial Seal issued by the Executive Judge.

The Rules also now have provisions to specifically deal with change of status of notaries public ? such as change in name and address, resignation, or death ? which can disrupt the orderly flow of the notarial practice.

The 2004 Rules were drafted by the Sub-Committee for the Study, Drafting and Formulation of the Rules Governing the Appointment of Notaries Public and the Performance of Their Official Function, chaired by Justice Ricardo C. Puno, Sr. of the Philippine Judicial Academy. The Sub-Committee was created for that purpose under Supreme Court En Banc Resolution in A.M. No. 02-8-13-SC, issued on August 20, 2002, upon the recommendation of SC Senior Associate Justice Reynato S. Puno, Chairman of the Committee on the Revision of the Rules of Court, and SC Associate Justice Jose C. Vitug, Chairman of the Committee on Legal Education and Bar Matters.

The En Banc resolution in A.M. No. 02-8-13-SC, on the 2004 Rules on Notarial Practice, was first published in the July 12, 2004 (Monday) edition of the Manila Bulletin.

tnx so much, compañero!!! :mtc:

to teeup

bro, thanks a lot... you're right, gusto talagang bayaran ng brod ko yung utang niya, of course sana ma-settle na rin...

at the same time ayaw din naman ng citibank na umabot pa sa civil case, coz i think the worst na mangyayari yata sa brod ko e ilitin yung mga gamit niya e, e wala na e ha ha, nauna na akong mang-ilit ha ha...

anyway... thank you very very much teeup for your advice

peace