Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

thanks mayorsam.

do u think that if i'll upgrade its ram to 256mg, the performance will improve given that the fsb is only 66mghz or anywhere within that range?

do u think it'll be worth upgrading it?

What OS do yuou use? But still the larger the memory the more program to run.. Yes it will increase perfomance but not very high..

bibilis yan pag nag-add ka ng ram. i'm not familiar with motherboards so wala akong idea how to determine the FSB. i'm assuming you want to find out yung speed ng motherboard mo? if im not mistaken meron jumpers to set the speed. try mo tignan sa manual if it's still with you.

magtatanong lang po sana ako....

i feel i'm being stiffed by UNION BANK.

yung utang ko po as of last october 2003 was only around 7k...

ngayon po, 20,000 plus na daw as of july of this year...

even if i speak with union bank and not the collection office, kailangan parin daw po na bayaran yung fee ng collection office...

can they do that...

i only plan on paying the principal amount of 7 k plus a little extra and be done with them...

but what if they keep hounding me and let the said ballance grow back to 20,000...

worst thing is... they aint even as big as citibank or standard chartered na tinigilan na ako and stopped with the interest charging... as long as i pay it down...

what can i do agaisnt these guys... pano pa ako makakapag mtc pag inubos nila ag pinagpapaguran ko na pagtrabahuan...

syempre, affected yung speed pag mabagal din ang motherboard. dami naman factors ng system speed isa sa major factors yan. aside from the hardware, affected din kung anong os ang gamit mo and what services you're running. like kung win2K or newer ang os mo at 128Mb lang ang ram mo gagapang talaga yan. pag nagkabit ka ng added ram makikita mo yung changes sa speed.

I attempted to upgrade my OS from 98 SE to XP HE. But I got afraid of all those directions so I cancelled it. Now, I'm seeing what ORTHODOC is seeing everytime I turn on my PC. My friend did a "partition" when he put the 98 OS on my PC and now it seems its asking the same thing again when I'm upgrading it. I dont have the partition disc and I dont even know what the hell is that for. Its driving me nuts!!!

BTW, I'm still stuck with my old problem since I cant change to another OS.

Dude, dont get intimidated by all those instructions, I suggest that you proceed with the upgrade....

If you're affraid yould loose information, back-up all you important files, I'll tell you it will all be worth it. If you encounter any problem after upgrading just post it and we will try to help you.

Dude, dont get intimidated by all those instructions, I suggest that you proceed with the upgrade....

If you're affraid yould loose information, back-up all you important files, I'll tell you it will all be worth it. If you encounter any problem after upgrading just post it and we will try to help you.

Thanks, dude! I'll give it a try.

hi,

i just wana know how to determine the fsb of a pc. btw, the pc runs on p3 celeron 433mghz. do u know its fsb?

its current ram is 128mb, i tried installing a firewall and a new AV, it's eating up all the resources; if i upgrade it to 256, will the performance improve in any way or it is already beyond upgrade since it has a low fsb?

need help.

thanks

I agree with Mayorsam, more likely than not you have a celeron running at 66mhz. Back on those days, there were 3 fsb speeds. either 66mhz, 100mhz or 133mhz. 66mhz for celerons, 100mhz for pentium 2's and early pentium 3's, and 133mhz for pentium 3's coppermine core. By the way if its a celeron its not a p3, pentiums and celerons are two different procs.

by doing the math, only at 66mhz FSB will you be able come up with 466 clock speed.

66mhz FSB X 7 clock multiplier = 462mhz rounded off as 466mhz clock speed.

you cannot get this clock speed with 100 and 133mhz fsb because multiplier clocks are always whole numbers.

Anyway You'ld probably get a decent boost in performance by adding another stick of 128 mb ram, Win2k's recomended minimum memory (correct me if i'm wrong) is 256 mb, win2k requires more memory than older operating systems like win 98 and me.

hope this helps

Yup, you have to adjust the Front side bus frequency in your bios in order to overclock your proc.

But again if you plan to overclock you got to have, sturdy rams, dont worry about your proc they oftentimes overclock easy.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the the very informative info on overclocking. You guys have a gift of explaining this stuff in easily understandable. Looks to me that with the side effects overclokcing may not be worth it. Perhaps I'll just add more memory since I haven't maxed out yet.

Cheers!

I've experienced the same problem before...

by the way, after the red and green garbage did your system crash and you needed to reboot or were you able to recover from the error without rebooting?

I could be wrong but anyway my best guess is that you have a leaking RAM try replacing your ram with a new one. What's your ram configuration do you have two 256 or a single stick of 512 memory? Please post the rest of your pc specification so we could help you better.

Hello Goodfellas,

I'm using a single stick memory 512 MB PC333 DDR.. Once the monitor starts displaying green and red lines, when I try to reboot using power on, the system does not turn off. I need to unplug the power cable just to restart again.

After this, whenever I try to boot up, my pc suddenly restart. This usually happens during the Windows XP loading screen. I tried to reformat again my pc to see if it can resolve this. However, after installing the video card driver, It revert to the old problem of restarting during windows XP loading screen.

Thanks

Ok...

There are two possibilities...

First, like what I've said before it could be that you have a leaking RAM.

to know for sure download memtest86

memtest download

Memtest is a pretty cool program that performs memory intergrity scan on your ram. Just follow the instructions an run it to be ceratin that your ram is OK.

Second, it could be your motherboard, you said before that you tried two different videocards on your system but still you get the same error, This suggests that there is nothing wrong with the videocards you tried. It could be that your motherboard is not compatible with the videocards or worst it could be damaged.

Anyway, i cannot really be certain about this unless i get my hands on your system.

Again, please post the rest of your specs so i could help you better.

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the the very informative info on overclocking. You guys have a gift of explaining this stuff in easily understandable. Looks to me that with the side effects overclokcing may not be worth it. Perhaps I'll just add more memory since I haven't maxed out yet.

Cheers!

Not a problem dude!

Hey Guys!

Cheers!

No problem. A lot of overclockers overclock just for fun anyway. There's something about boys and pushing thing to the limit (harder, faster, longer).

I agree with Mayorsam, more likely than not you have a celeron running at 66mhz. Back on those days, there were 3 fsb speeds. either 66mhz, 100mhz or 133mhz. 66mhz for celerons, 100mhz for pentium 2's and early pentium 3's, and 133mhz for pentium 3's coppermine core. By the way if its a celeron its not a p3, pentiums and celerons are two different procs.

by doing the math, only at 66mhz FSB will you be able come up with 466 clock speed.

66mhz FSB X 7 clock multiplier = 462mhz rounded off as 466mhz clock speed.

you cannot get this clock speed with 100 and 133mhz fsb because multiplier clocks are always whole numbers.

Anyway You'ld probably get a decent boost in performance by adding another stick of 128 mb ram, Win2k's recomended minimum memory (correct me if i'm wrong) is 256 mb, win2k requires more memory than older operating systems like win 98 and me.

hope this helps

i stand corrected. i'll try your suggestion. thanks a lot.

magtatanong lang po sana ako....

i feel i'm being stiffed by UNION BANK.

yung utang ko po as of last october 2003 was only around 7k...

ngayon po, 20,000 plus na daw as of july of this year...

even if i speak with union <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=bank&v=56">bank</a> and not the collection <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=office&v=56">office</a>, kailangan parin daw po na bayaran yung fee ng collection <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=office&v=56">office</a>...

can they do that...

i only plan on paying the principal amount of 7 k plus a little extra and be done with them...

but what if they keep hounding me and let the said ballance grow back to 20,000...

worst thing is... they aint even as big as citibank or standard chartered na tinigilan na ako and stopped with the interest charging... as long as i pay it down...

what can i do agaisnt these guys... pano pa ako makakapag mtc pag inubos nila ag pinagpapaguran ko na pagtrabahuan...

Well, kaya siguro umabot ng ganyan kalaki s kadahilanang di ka nakapagbayad ng kahit minimum man lang simula noong Oct. 2003. Alam mo kasi malaki ang interest ng credit shark este card na yan not to mention penalties pa. Under the law, may habol sa yo ang Banko pero civil case lang kasi utang yan, walang criminal aspect dyan. Kaya ganun nalang ang pag hahabol ng mga collection agencies na yan sa kadahilanang gusto nilang maretain services nila ng banko. Just talk to them nicely and enter into compromise. Siguro naman di sila mag aaksaya ng panahon na magfile ng case against you kasi maliit lang amount involved. If the Collecting Agent is already harassing you to the point na pinapahiya ka sa office o di kayay kung ano ano ang sinasabi at tinatakot ka, then you have also a cause of action against them pero kailangan mapatunayan. Sa phone lang kasi mga yan tumatawag kaya di madokumentohan.

Kaya, settle it ASAP. Pwede naman sa kanila installment. Huwag ka lang pumirma ng kung anong papeles baka kung ano nakalagay dun, lumaki pa babayaran mo. mag issue ka nalang ng post dated check (kung meron ka) para may security sila at maipakita mo na sincere ka s offer mo. Pero wag na wag mo gagawin to kung di mo mapondohan kasi dito may criminal aspect na. kaya be careful in dealing with them.

Sumulat ka sa collecting agency para sa offer mo copy furnished Union Bank, then lets see kung ano sasabihin nila. Sabihin mo na you were in financial distress during those times na di ka nakapagbayad at meron kang pinaglaanan sa pera mo kaya you have not timely payed your obligation.

Just post your reply for any developments para mapayuhan pa kita. Gud Day!

wow tenks.... i will pm whoever willing to hear my inquiries... :)

nandito lang kami... just post your queries on this thread... kung masyadong sensitive naman yong topic at you want some privacy then just pm any one of us.... we are very willing to help...

need some legal advice...

im on contract to work for two years for a company (puede ko idisclose thru pm). however, 4 months na ako nagwo work dun pero until now eh hindi pa ako binabayaran. is this enough reason for me to leave and consider the contract null and void? help! alam ko medyo malakas kapit ng mga ito sa pulis and jusgado