Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Extreme,

I tried combining PC100 and PC133 and it didnt work. Theres no monitor display. I think only sum motherboards can support both PC100 n PC133 and will run even if combined.

Thanks.

Eraserheads,

Thnx.

BTW, to both extreme n eraserheads,

How will I know if the motherboard supports PC133 SDRAM? Dont have the manual so I cant verfiy.

Most PC 133 motherboards support PC100 rams, if your motherboard only supports PC100 you can use pc 133 ram on that motherboard, however the motherboard will run it as pc100,

If your motherboard supports pc133 and you are combining pc100 and pc133 rams you have to run your mobo asynchronously with the cpu's fsb, usually this is done through the bios setup memory frequency.

jumperless mobos are much better because it will set the memory frequency according to the lowest rated memory on your pc meaning you wont have to adjust any bios settings.

What's your motherboard and what type of processor do you use...

from the model of the processor we would know the fsb rating of your motherboard.

good afternoon to all.needed some help sana.

I managed a restaurant business and its been operating for around 7 years na. A case is filed by a lawyer at the cityhall for not giving him a 20 percent disc for take out.(para sa senior citizen act). Our establishment has this policy of giving 20% to those who consumes the food inside the store. Now to cut the story short, he is asking for a huge sum of money just to drop the case against us or else he is requesting that our business license will be revoked.

Business is really all time low, ang sa kin lang naman i want fair justice

Hoping that you can shed some light

Thanx

good afternoon to all.needed some help sana.

I managed a restaurant business and its been operating for around 7 years na. A case is filed by a lawyer at the cityhall for not giving him a 20 percent disc for take out.(para sa senior citizen act). Our establishment has this policy of giving 20% to those who consumes the food inside the store. Now to cut the story short, he is asking for a huge sum of money just to drop the case against us or else he is requesting that our business license will be revoked.

Business is really all time low, ang sa kin lang naman i want fair justice

Hoping that you can shed some light

Thanx

What kind of case did he file?

I'm not really familiar on what are the grounds for revocation of business licenses but if violation of the provisions of the senior citizens act (R.A. 7432) is one, then maybe, the lawyer can validly request for the revocation of your business license, if indeed there was a violation.

On your policy, R.A. 7432 does not specify that the 20% discount can be availed of by senior citizens only for dine-in orders, so presumbaly, it can aslo be availed of by senior citizens for take-out orders.

The penalty for violation of any of the provision of R.A. 7432 for which no penalty is specifically provided under any other law, shall be imprisonment not exceeding 1 month or a fine not exceeding P1,000.00 or both.

Edited by coychee

Specs,

When did the alleged vioation occur?

If the violation was committed this year, then Im afraid that RA9257 (Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003) applies. :(

Under Sec. 4 of said law, "qualified" senior citizens are granted certain privileges among which is 20% discount from restaurant establishments.

Sec. 4 provides:

SEC. 4. Privileges for the Senior Citizens. – The senior citizens shall be entitled to the following:

(a) the grant of twenty percent (20%) discount from all establishments relative to the utilization of services in hotels and similar lodging establishment, restaurants and recreation centers, and purchase of medicines in all establishments for the exclusive use or enjoyment of senior citizens, including funeral and burial services for the death of senior citizens;

x x x

:)

Restaurant, under the Implementing Rules of RA9257, refer to:

5.9 RESTAURANT – refers to any establishment duly licensed by the Local Government Units (LGUs), offering to the public, regular and special meals or menu, fast food, cooked food and short orders. Such eating-places may also serve coffe, beverages and drinks.

<_<

Your restaurant business, therefore, is covered by RA9257 and is required to grant 20% discount to "qualified" senior citizens.

Failure on your part to comply with 20% discount constituted a violation of said law and if found guilty may suffer imprisonment and fine, to wit:

SEC. 10. Penalties. – Any person who violates any provision of this Act shall suffer the following penalties:

(1) For the first violation, a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00) but not exceeding One hundred thousand pesos (P100,000.00) and imprisonment of not less than six (6) months but not more than two (2) years; and

x x x

:angry:

In addition to the above penalty, your business permit may be revoked or cancelled after due notice and hearing.

Sec. 10 Penalties -

x x x

Upon filling an appropriate complaint, and after due notice and hearing, the proper authorities may also cause the cancellation or revocation of the business permit, permit to operate, franchise and other similar privileges granted to any business entity that fails to abide by the provisions of this Act

x x x

:boo:

However, only the following senior citizens can avail of the privileges (see Sec. 4 above)

Sec. 4 x x x

In the availment of the privileges mentioned above, the senior citizen or elderly person may submit as proof of his/her entitlement thereto any of the following:

(a) an ID issued by the city or municipal mayor or of the barangay captain of the place where the senior citizen or the elderly resides;

(B) the passport of the elderly person or senior citizen concerned; and

© other documents that establish that the senior citizen or elderly person is a citizen of the Republic and is at least sixty (60) years of age.

:rolleyes:

So, if the lawyer did not present any of the above mentioned documents, then your refusal to grant a 20% discount may be justified.

You may also argue that the complainant (lawyer) is not a "qualified" senior citizen as determined by the Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) because he did not contribute any service to the community.

:lol:

The privilege under section 4 is granted only to those senior citizens who performed any contribution to the community which consist of, but not limited to, the following:

(a) Tutorial and/or consultancy services;

(B) Actual teaching and demonstration of hobbies and income generating skills;

© Lectures on specialized fields like agriculture, health, environment protection and the like;

(d) The transfer of new skills acquired by virtue of their training mentioned in Section 4, paragraph (d); and

(e) Undertaking other appropriate services as determined by the Office for Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) such as school traffic guide, tourist aide, pre-school assistant, etc.

x x x

It is only in consideration of these services that a senior citizen may be granted the privileges under sec 4.

I hope I have provided some helpful insights on the matter. :upside:

first and foremost thank you for your response ( i thought kasi di nyo na papansinin )

mga sir if im not mistaken administrative case po and secondly it happened on dec. 2003

the reason po that we dont give sa take out is because, he can take it outside and give it to someone else po. di naman sa nagdadamot pero if he can really consume the food na kinuha, why not. may mga magulang din naman tayo at relatives na nagbebenefit dyan sa RA7432

and if im not mistaken di ba yun kasama dito sa RA7432 ay mga elderly na hindi aabot ng 60,000 ang income annually?

thank you both again ( bokam and coychee )

really appreciated for taking time out

deym, my avg license got refused during an update...anyone got a working license out there?

mighty thanks!

shessh when it rains, it pours talaga! :rolleyes:

AVG new updates have black listed some keys.

Paki-try kung itong mga keys na ito blacklisted na:

70-TH0TS1-P4-C01-S4HF9-MMM-C325

70-tf0tq1-p5-c21-s4g9j-fqt-4518