Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

i can only assume that the cd is deffective thats probably why some files cannot be copied try downloading the drivers from creative's website then reinstall it and see what happens..

Ferraris right bro, try downloading the drivers from creatives website besides the driver in the cd is obselete you might ass well get it from their site... I'm not sure but i think the cd supplied with your soundblaster live is only compatible with win2k not with winxp, I guess this is why you are having trouble installing it, By the way I also have a creative soundblaster live card and it works fine with the downloaded drivers....

Hope this helps

Ferraris right bro, try downloading the drivers from creatives website besides the driver in the cd is obselete you might ass well get it from their site... I'm not sure but i think the cd supplied with your soundblaster live is only compatible with win2k not with winxp, I guess this is why you are having trouble installing it, By the way I also have a creative soundblaster live card and it works fine with the downloaded drivers....

Hope this helps

How come it says on the box. Its got WinXP compatible all over it.

macy menime was commenting on a post made by nox re: lovelybabe's query so you read that wrong, i think you owe menime a kiss :)

I have a query guys, how do I go around installing win2k on an xp machine? :unsure: the xp machine is disabling the installation of it when I insert the disc :( The reason I want to install win2k is coz I want to play Mechwarrior 3 which unfortunately wont run on an XP OS :( and I cant find a patch for it anywhere. So what I need basically is a XP OS patch for Mechwarrior 3 and it's expansion pack MW3-Pirates Moon or instructions on how to install Win2k on an XP machine. help! :unsure:

macy menime was commenting on a post made by nox re: lovelybabe's query so you read that wrong, i think you owe menime a kiss :)

I have a query guys, how do I go around installing win2k on an xp machine? :unsure: the xp machine is disabling the installation of it when I insert the disc :( The reason I want to install win2k is coz I want to play Mechwarrior 3 which unfortunately wont run on an XP OS :( and I cant find a patch for it anywhere. So what I need basically is a XP OS patch for Mechwarrior 3 and it's expansion pack MW3-Pirates Moon or instructions on how to install Win2k on an XP machine. help! :unsure:

It should be win2k first before installing WinXP so XP will install the latest boot loader rather than win2k. its like downward compatibility.

maybe you try to run winnt32 from the i386 folder of win2k and will continue to install but cant guarantee if winxp will run again after dual boot because win2k overwrite it with its nt loaders which is not supported by winxp.

Anyone here can help me troubleshoot my internet connection...my other desktop PC di maka connect sa internet kasi.. model nya is Vectra VL 400 W98 SE.

Nakakainis nga eh di ko malaman papano gagawin :) Help naman po pls.. thanks

anong error message ang lumalabas pag dimakaconnect?

nadedetect ba sa device manager yung modem?

have you tried to reinstall and lower the baudrate of the modem?

It should be win2k first before installing WinXP so XP will install the latest boot loader rather than win2k. its like downward compatibility.

maybe you try to run winnt32 from the i386 folder of win2k and will continue to install but cant guarantee if winxp will run again after dual boot because win2k overwrite it with its nt loaders which is not supported by winxp.

extreme dont want to try that, I might end up losing my original OS. been searching the net and got a little info re: compatibility issues. the post tells me to 'launch from All Programs, right click on the Mechwarrior listing, and choose compatibility, win 9*' how do I do that? where's this compatibility wizard thingie? I also read something that said 'make a shortcut to the set up on the cd on your desktop and run the set up in win9* compatibility mode' is this possible and how? :unsure:

extreme dont want to try that, I might end up losing my original OS. been searching the net and got a little info re: compatibility issues. the post tells me to 'launch from All Programs, right click on the Mechwarrior listing, and choose compatibility, win 9*' how do I do that? where's this compatibility wizard thingie? I also read something that said 'make a shortcut to the set up on the cd on your desktop and run the set up in win9* compatibility mode' is this possible and how? :unsure:

Compatibility mode is located here:

Click start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Program Compatibility Wizard

just follow through the wizard and will just ask you what program/game you want to run in Win95 /win98 /Winnt 4.0 / windows 2000.

you have to have reached certain number of posts before all your functions will be activated..... activating all functions of almost 40000 members will take too much from the server...

i suggest you hit the Preveiw button first and scan your message for any mistakes before you hit Send....

this is clearly an off-topic inquiry so for any other questions about MTC Usage, please go to the proper Section... thank you..

<offtopic>since you're here already, macy; can you delete one of my posts above? my connection borked and i thought my first post didn't get through.</offtopic>

ok... back to the topic.

vicaner. you get this dialog box right?http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/0/0,1311,i=5962,00.gif

well here's a mecwarrior 3 patch for windows xp.

try it out first before doing anything else.

wasn't that hard to find at all ;)

Under R.A. 9255, illegitimate children may use the surname of their father if their filiation has been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father.

To change the surname of an illegitimate child, he should file a petition for change of name before the Regional Trial Court since it is not a mere correction of typographical errors which can be done adminstratively through the local civil registry.

The main expenses in filing a petition will be the cost of publication and attorney's fees.

Do you know of anyone who has actually done this procedure? I'm not sure kasi if it is Rule 103 under Change of Names or Rule 108 under Correction of Entry. I do not know, but I think it should be Rule 103 since there is no issue anyway between the parents and therefore the requirements under rule 103 is not necessary anymore. Besides, Rule 108 is a more expeditious procedure in view of the Cayetano Law on correction of mere clerical errors.

Thanks.

joe629,

Am really sorry to hear that but not much can be done considering the case has already been decided by the Supreme Court. Even the Motion for Reconsideration was denied.

On a side note, minute resolutions by the Supreme Court are considered valid and not unconstitutional.

As for legal remedies, was the Indeterminate Sentence Law (PD 968 as amended) applied to their penalty? If so, they could get out a bit sooner than that imposed. They could avail parole also if they are qualified.

As for political remedies, pardon comes into mind. But I'm not sure how though and I believe it would be useless coz the term is short.

As for the decision you cited, I believe the case was modified by the Supreme Court in view of the Francisco case considering that the latter is a decision rendered En Banc and after the promulgation of the Pedro Santos case which was in 1983.

Sec. 4 (3), Article VII of the 1987 Constitution provides that:

x x x

No doctrine or principle of law laid down by the court in a decision rendered en banc or in division may be modified or reversed except by the court sitting en banc.

x x x

Again, I am sory.

Sure appreciate the information your honors. Could you expound further on PD968? Does one who is qualified have to spend time in jail? In the sentence cited, what is correcion(minimum) and what is mayor(maximum)? Does one really have to finish the minimum jail time before he is entitled to parole? Is there a chance they can do community service instead?

Many thanks!

BTW the lawyer who tried to extort money from them was himself embroiled in a multi-million extortion case filed by the Sandiganbayan a couple of years ago which I read in the newspaper. Tsk tsk tsk, guess the real criminal was finally caught.

And you know what, the couple found out that the case should have never prospered because all they had to do was swear in the legal department office at SEC that they will never do it again. Unfortunately, when they got the information from the kind lawyer at SEC, the case was already filed.

Is there anybody here using a Proxy Server and Nfuse Classic?

Im trying to run NFuse Classic/Citrix Server behind a Proxy (MS ISA Server 2000) but can't seem to get through.

ISA Server >> Web Server >>Nfuse >> Citrix Server >>Data Server

Can you recommend easy-to-configure proxies.ISA's a complicated steaming pile of cow dung! :angry: Please help! Thanks!

:mtc:

extreme thanks, was able to look it up already.

Nox which search engine did you use? thanks for the link, already got the patch and have tried it. fixed the bugs inherent in using MW3 with an XP OS like flying mechs! :blink: had to still do the compatibility thing though coz the patch doesnt fix that. :)

thanks for all the help

younghermit,

The laborer can and should sue Corp A, Corp B, and Corp C. Corp A is solidarily liable to the employee because there exist labor-only contracting.

Thanks for the reply.

I share the same opinion as yours.

Our Prof., (a CA Justice) however is of the opinion that The Employees could not go against Corp A. Only against Corp B and C. Our prof's interpretation of Art. 106 was that the said law was only limited to the 2nd level- Employer such that if the relationship expands to the 3rd level as in the hypothethical scenario I've presented, our Prof would make a division up to the 2nd level only.

So sad, because if we follow this construction, the Employees could not recover in real life since both Corp B and C have no substantial capital to begin with. :(

younghermit,

Oh well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Until the Supreme Court says otherwise, its anybody's ball game.

Try to cross refer Art 106, paragraph 3 with Dept of Labor DO 18-02, Series of 2002.

Here's a glimpse of DO 18-02:

Republic of the Philippines

DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT

Intramuros, Manila

DEPARTMENT ORDER NO. 18 - 02

(Series of 2002)

RULES IMPLEMENTING ARTICLES 106 TO 109

OF THE LABOR CODE, AS AMENDED

x x x

Section 4. Definition of Basic Terms. - The following terms as used in these Rules, shall mean:

(a) "Contracting" or "subcontracting" refers to an arrangement whereby a principal agrees to put out or farm out with a contractor or subcontractor the performance or completion of a specific job, work or service within a definite or predetermined period, regardless of whether such job, work or service is to be performed or completed within or outside the premises of the principal

x x x

Section 5. Prohibition against labor-only contracting. Labor-only contracting is hereby declared prohibited. For this purpose, labor-only contracting shall refer to an arrangement where the contractor or subcontractor merely recruits, supplies or places workers to perform a job, work or service for a principal, and any of the following elements are present:

i) The contractor or subcontractor does not have substantial capital or investment which relates to the job, work or service to be performed and the employees recruited, supplied or placed by such contractor or subcontractor are performing activities which are directly related to the main business of the principal; or

ii) the contractor does not exercise the right to control over the performance of the work of the contractual employee.

x x x

Section 19. Solidary liability. The principal shall be deemed as the direct employer of the contractual employees and therefore, solidarily liable with the contractor or subcontractor for whatever monetary claims the contractual employees may have against the former in the case of violations as provided for in Sections 5 (Labor-Only contracting), 6 (Prohibitions), 8 (Rights of Contractual Employees) and 16 (Delisting) of these Rules. In addition, the principal shall also be solidarily liable in case the contract between the principal and contractor or subcontractor is preterminated for reasons not attributable to the fault of the contractor or subcontractor.

x x x

Have a nice day! :upside: :blink: :unsure:

Internal modem or external modem? Anyways...

Installing an internal modem in Windows 98 can be more grief than it’s worth, but we know the solution to your problem. The reason your modem won’t have been detected is because it requires a ‘virtual’ COM port, either port three or four, and these aren’t installed by default.

To do this manually, launch the Add New Hardware wizard from the Control Panel. Click Next twice, the wizard will look for – and not find – new hardware on your PC. Now select No, I want to select the hardware from a list and click Next again. Choose Ports (COM & LPT), click Next and make sure Communications Port is selected. Click Next and accept the default settings. Click Next and shut down and restart when prompted.

Once Windows has rebooted, open Device Manager to verify COM port three has been added successfully, then repeat for COM port four. Once this has been added, shut down and physically install your modem if it hasn’t been already. Windows will automatically detect it on reboot – if not, add it using the Modems Control Panel. If it still doesn’t automatically detect it, add it manually to either COM port three or four. We’re assuming you have the drivers for it – if not, you’ll need to perform a search for your chipset.

Hope this will help. Good luck! :)

maraming salamat. going to try it later when i come home.

extreme xxx the post tells me to 'launch from All Programs, right click on the Mechwarrior listing, and choose compatibility, win 9*' how do I do that? where's this compatibility wizard thingie? I also read something that said 'make a shortcut to the set up on the cd on your desktop and run the set up in win9* compatibility mode' is this possible and how? :unsure:

If you create a shortcut to any application. Right click on the shortcut and view its properties- compatibility is one of the tabs provided for. select this compatibility tab and then you can modify it with respect to the compatibility mode, screen res. etc.

joe629,

Oops, Indeterminate Sentence Law is not PD968 but Act 4103, as amended. PD 968 is Probation Law. Got it mixed up. My bad, sorry. :blush:

Yup, the convict, even if qualified, has to serve jail time. The couple has to serve the minimum penalty imposed on them.

Ummm, not so good at computing penalties. Its better that you ask the people from the Probation and Parole Division in your City/Municipality. They are usually located where the Regional Trial Courts are. They can asnwer any questions you have on the matter. :rolleyes:

Based from what you said previosuly, I was quite surprised that the SEC lawyers went to the extent as to prosecute the couple in court. Usually, they just use that as a ground to deny / revoke the application for incorporation and nothing more.

<_<

Anyway, as for the lawyer, maybe there's such a thing as karma. :evil: :blink: