What's The Last Book You've Read?

My kids have been pestering me for the past two months to begin reading the Goblet of Fire installment of the Harry Pottter books because it's gonna be showing na. So here I am trying to finish the 650+ pages of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire before the November 16 showing :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

What makes it difficult is that I'm also in the middle of another book. Last Places tells of Lawrence Millman's attempt to retrace the old Viking paths through northern Europe so it finds him trekking, hitchhiking and sea-cruising from Norway to the Shetlands to the Faeroes Islands; from Iceland to Greenland to Labrador to Newfoundland - some of the most desolate places on earth. But to him there's beauty in emptiness and arid icy wastelands and some of the people he meets along the way makes for a truly entertaining read.

Currently reading A Literate Passion: Letters of Anais Nin & Henry Miller, 1932-1953 -- Edited with an Introduction by Gunther Stuhlmann

So far it is absolutely beautiful with Nin's lyrical words which provide a good contrast to Miller's eruptive temperament. There's a tenderness in Miller that is revealed through his letters to Nin, a wonderful find indeed. Truly a must-read for any Nin lover! :thumbsupsmiley: