What's The Last Book You've Read?

reading: about a boy by hornby

stopped reading: ecstacy by welsh (the irish and english accents are giving me a migrane)

re-reading: on the road by kerouack

finished: coraline by gaiman (while at the john) and life after god by coupland (gave it ot my seminarista cousin. ha!)

I just finished "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers, a great book in the tradition of The Prince by Macchiavelli (a much-maligned book, but then again, most truthful books are) and The Art of War by Sun-Tzu. It not only teaches how one can reach the heights of power, but also how to spot those who are on their way up (and down). Made me look at people at the different way than I used to. :)

Just finished reading The Da Vinci Code, and I'm currently reading Angels & Demons.

I think it's safe to say that Dan Brown has a very limited literary repertoire.

:P you got that right, pare!

The basic storyline of DA VINCI CODE he lifted from those well-researched ideas from HOLY BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL and THE HIRAM KEY and fictionalized it to have a best-selling book - not that there's anything bad about lifting ideas and turning them into moneymakers ;)

Edited by bods1000
Guest breakdowngirl

the last book i finished was stephen king's salem's lot.. i am currently finishing nicholas sparks' message in a bottle and coello's the alchemist=)