What's The Last Book You've Read?

It's about the Marcos years - lots of real people thinly disguised. If you remember that time, you'll have a blast reading this.

Dream Jungle also takes place during that time, but is focused on the Elizalde/"lost tribe" scandal, and weaves in the "Apocalypse Now" filming as well. I'm blanking on the name of the "tribe" now but it was quite a scam and reeled in some big names in anthropology and sociology at that time.

As the book liner notes, Jessica Hagedorn was born and raised in the Phil;ippines but moved to the US. She lived in the Pinas there for much of the martial law era.

Done reading "DOG EATERS." You're right about it - the backdrop is indeed the Marcos era. It's in the same league as Ninotchka Rosca's STATE OF WAR.

Btw, would you know where i could get TWILIGHT IN JAKARTA? I only have the photocopy version of TAKIPSILIM SA DJAKARTA.

God bless.

;)

kakatapos ko lang ng smiley's people by john le carre. actually inulit ko lang, wala na kasi mabasa e.. i just bought books 5 and 6 of stephen king's gunslinger series.. damn i can't wait to start those books, i waited for 3 years for book 5 and a total of 15 years for this epic to finish.. i heard that book 7 will be released in a few weeks' time, so konting tiis na lang..

the book i last read is the girl who love tom gordon by stephen king ,its all about

Trisha McFarland is a 9-year-old girl who goes on hikes with her mother and brother on the weekends. Her parents recently got divorced and her brother Pete is mad at mother for moving the family from Massachusetts to Maine, but Trisha's mom is determined to make sure her kids have fun on the weekends. Trisha's brother is having a hard time fitting in at his new school and is always being made fun of. On one of their weekend hikes, Trisha goes off the trail to avoid her brother and mother's latest argument and becomes lost. While trying to find her way back she listens to her radio and her favorite Red Sox baseball player's exploits - Tom Gordon. Things are never as easy as they seem and this is the case for Trisha. Not only can she not figure out where she is, but she runs across things she wished she hadn't, from bugs to brush. As days go by, Trisha begins to need someone to talk to. She has no one but herself, so she begins to talk to herself. When the batteries begin to die on her radio, Trisha imagines Tom Gordon is there is the woods with her. In reality, something else is in the woods with her, leaving a trail of animal remains and torn trees behind it. Trisha follows the river, deciding it is her only hope to get back. Can Trisha find her way back before the thing in the woods with her gets her? Can she stay sane long enough to get back? Will the imaginary Tom Gordon help her? Read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon to find out! :wub: can anyone recommend another book to read?? :rolleyes: