Dog Lovers Thread

mr_7thsign

Can you give us any empirical data that will show food eaten by humans aren't fit for dogs? Again, remember that for centuries dogs ate the same food that humans did without any apparent harm on them; it's only in the late 20th century that commercial dog food began to emerge. You mean to tell us now that for centuries dogs should've been eating commercial dog food all along? Again, what is your basis on this, other than manufacturers' claims? I'll give a little more analogy here: food supplements for workout are vastly superior than the food we eat. These supplements and vitamins give nutrients that are more or less balanced than most food we eat. Do you mean to tell us that we should only be eating supplements then, and not eat natural food? As I see it, dog food is only a supplement to a dog's diet, but should not in any way mean to replace real food. That's why I mix dog food and natural food, rather than rely on dog food alone. Apparently though, you fell for dog food manufacturers' claims that their products are far better than real food. Again, if we take the analogy, then we should be eating only meal replacements and supplements as well, but no doctor I know ever recommends that. Curiously, even food supplements and meal replacement manufacturers do not recommend that their products be a replacement for real food. So you mean to tell us now that it should be the other way around for dogs?

Arghhhh, I'm getting tired at this....

If it works for you, then so be it.

I get better results from dog food so I'm sticking with it.

For all others, you can check this out:

http://www.starbreezes.com/11/foodsafe.html

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cl...&articleid=1030

tanong lang po..

may aso kasi ako..

crossbread ng spitz at liverspot dalmatian.

kahit gano kalakas kumain e hindi tumataba.

pwede bang pangpurga sakanila yung gamit ng mga bata?

and i also do have a lab. ano vitamins maganda sa kanila? pinapainom ko sila ng syrup na binigay sakin ng vet..

advisable ba yung cod liver oil?

Better is you use yung pang aso talaga. Propantel and Canex brands are okay. Mga P80/tablet lang naman yan. Check you Pet Store for the recommended dosage

Arghhhh, I'm getting tired at this....

If it works for you, then so be it.

I get better results from dog food so I'm sticking with it. 

For all others, you can check this out:

http://www.starbreezes.com/11/foodsafe.html

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cl...&articleid=1030

That's because you're falling for the marketing ploy of dog food manufacturers. I'll say it again: if food fit for humans are bad for dogs, then how come they still exist until now? I think the answer is very obvious. Now, those links you give aren't any help either. Do note that there is also the same list given to us humans on food that we should not eat, since they wouldn't be good for health. it doesn't mean they're poison though, nor is it recommended to totally avoid them (no nutritionist with a sound mind will ever say that, btw). Funny though that the sites have different lists (nothing uniform). I think no one also asked the obvious, which I asked: if so many food are unfit for dogs, how come dogs have been livng with humans for centuries and easting our table scraps without any obvious ill effect? Isn't it the same line given by, incidentally again, supplement and medicine manufacturers for us humans that so and so food isn't good, and that for complete nutrition we need this and that vitamin? Hhmm...one wonders why the human race lived so long and so successfully if we've been eating so many bad food. My point is though, is that our dogs did well with the diet we also have. I think dog food manufacturers also forgot that the Dingo is able to survive without any ill effect from not eating dog food...

Just to belabor the point... If you feel that feeding your dog table scraps seem to do him well, then go ahead. No use arguing your point with someone who believes otherwise. Just some points to consider though:

1. The point that the dog has lived with humans for centuries and was fed table scraps with no ill effects may hold true. but remember that the average human diet has also evolved through time. We do not eat the same food we used to eat a century ago.

2. The dingo and the dogs that were first domesticated were not only fed table scraps, they were also free to wander about and search for food to cover the deficiencies of the table scraps. So comparing the dingo to the dogs we have now may not be a good comparison.

3. If you want to feed your dog table scraps then do so by all means. However, try to analyze the table scraps that reach the doggie dish. If it is primarily rice with little else but some oil left over from the plates then it may not be able to sustain your dog's development and nutritional needs.

Of course you may want to debate all you want, but its your call. IF we decide to feed our dogs dog food, should you fault us for that? If we believe the crap that marketing dishes us, shouldn't it be out own lookout? Just my thoughts. Peace.

what I do with my Pek is I stopped feeding her dog food, instead i buy liver and pig insides... mix them all up... cook them with only onions and garlic (NO SALT PLEASE!) and blend it...

mismong boy nga namen sa bahay nasaraman... he didn't know it's dog food :D

My 1 yr old Puggle(half pug, half begal):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/gibfather/Misc/pokipuppy.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/gibfather/Misc/pokipuppy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/gibfather/Misc/Poki01.jpg

Can you give us any empirical data that will show food eaten by humans aren't fit for dogs? Again, remember that for centuries dogs ate the same food that humans did without any apparent harm on them; it's only in the late 20th century that commercial dog food began to emerge. You mean to tell us now that for centuries dogs should've been eating commercial dog food all along? Again, what is your basis on this, other than manufacturers' claims? I'll give a little more analogy here: food supplements for workout are vastly superior than the food we eat. These supplements and vitamins give nutrients that are more or less balanced than most food we eat. Do you mean to tell us that we should only be eating supplements then, and not eat natural food? As I see it, dog food is only a supplement to a dog's diet, but should not in any way mean to replace real food. That's why I mix dog food and natural food, rather than rely on dog food alone. Apparently though, you fell for dog food manufacturers' claims that their products are far better than real food. Again, if we take the analogy, then we should be eating only meal replacements and supplements as well, but no doctor I know ever recommends that. Curiously, even food supplements and meal replacement manufacturers do not recommend that their products be a replacement for real food. So you mean to tell us now that it should be the other way around for dogs?

So does this mean you are willing to eat dog food? :thumbsupsmiley: