Laptop/Notebook Owners

@Don Corleone:

• Apple Mac • Alienware • BFG Tech • Canon • DELL • HP Compaq • Klipsch • Logitech • Moleskine • Nikon • Pivot • Saitek • Sony • Toshiba •

and many more :)

I'm interested in buying a new laptop (Php70-80K), features should be WXGA resolution (1280x800), 12 or 13 ", should not be too heavy, about 2 kg. currently considering MSI 270 coz of the dual-layer DVD-RW and the Turion 64 chip. It gave most bang for the buck. Dell 700m is also nice if it only had a DVD drive. Would not be considering apple coz i just bought an 15.2" Pbook last july (it did not lived up to my expectations). any suggestions? Pls PM me, thanks

For those who live in the Tomas Morato area or at least within close proximity, there is this coffee shop called Bang Coffe (yup that's the name!) where you can surf wirelessly for free. the most yoou would need to pay for is a hundred pesos per hour if you plug your laptop to recharge it.

and before I forget the prices for their drinks are relatively cheap compared to that of Starbucks and Seattles.

For those who live in the Tomas Morato area or at least within close proximity, there is this coffee shop called Bang Coffe (yup that's the name!) where you can surf wirelessly for free. the most yoou would need to pay for is a hundred pesos per hour if you plug your laptop to recharge it.

and before I forget the prices for their drinks are relatively cheap compared to that of Starbucks and Seattles.

sarap pa ng coffee nila jan...

and food!

bought a 2nd hand HP ZT3000 early this month

Pentium M 1.4Ghz

64MB ATI 9200

512 DDR mem

40GB HD

BT, IR, firewire, card reader, DVD combo

able to dual boot XP and Ubuntu 5.10

plays WC3, NFSU 2, NBA live 2005, LSL Magna cum Laude

so far battery life is good (almost 3hrs) considering that it is more than a year old :cool:

overall.... SATISFIED :)

although im planning to buy a new 1 by mid 2007 (hope to have a bigger budget by then :D )

I got an ibm r50e thinkpad

intel celeron 1.5 ghz

256 mb ram (I haven't upgraded yet)

40 hdd

vcd/dvd combo drive

14 inch screen

2 usb ports no firewire

I got it thru my office, so im paying for it every month. it's not the best, but it works well especially for spreadsheets and word documents. Pretty good for starcraft too. My only wish was that the sstock battery would last longer than the 2.5 hours.

Currently i'm looking to add more memory and get a card reader for it. :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

My old laptop is a black Asus L3500 powered by a Pentium 4 2.4ghz cpu, 768mb memory, 40gb hard disk, dvd/cd writer, 15 inch screen, wifi card. It still runs about 1.5 hours on its battery.

This unit runs 3m 04s on a 2m pi test.

My new rig and everyday carry is a silver Compaq B1821TU laptop, with 1.73ghz Pentium M, 512MB DDR2 memory, 128mb video, dvd/cd writer combo drive, built in wifi and bluetooth, card reader, 12.1 inch screen thats ultra clear, and weight of about 4 pounds.

This unit runs 1m 47s on a 2m pi test.

Dalawang lumang dell notebook ang ginagamit ko isa Latitude cpi isa Latitude cpx dinagdagan ko lang yung ram saka malaking hdd running winxp without any problems for two years na. Very reliable. Yung bumigay lang sa latitude cpi eh yung I saka K na key sa keyboard. Mura lang naman replacement pero nakakatamad papalit.

I got a Vaio PCG-FRV37, its a good desktop replacement since I'm often on the move and can't drag along my PC. Its got a combo burner, 60 gig HD, 512mb ram and 2.8 ghz processor.

Only drawback is that its kind of heavy and battery time is not that long. Hence, I keep it plugged in at my current home. No installed w-fi too so I have a separate linksys wi-fi pc card.

So, I got a Fujitsu 4020D tablet for mobile work. Its great on planes were sometimes seats are crammed-up!

• 3 weeks later...