Laptop/Notebook Owners

all established international brands have this International Travellers Warranty

I bought my laptop overseas and was able to avail of this warranty when I've encountered problem with my laptop

they changed the whole motherboard, the problem was with the video card, Free of Charge, even though I have only 6 days left on the warranty

If it was not covered by the warranty, it would have cost me 27k freaking pesos

not all, dell inspiron does not have that.. remember that you are actually paying extra for that warranty, so if you buy something more expensive, that means you paid extra for the insurance or warranty..

laptops are cheaper in the US, but then you still have to pay for the tax in addition to the price.. you should also consider that..

also its not actually cheaper in the US, its just the the Philippines is around 3 months lagging..

you buy a laptop in the US and you wait for 3 months, and you will see the same brand and spec selling at the same price here..

you buy in the US you are just 3 months more advanced..

Guest xHANGMANx
not all, dell inspiron does not have that.. remember that you are actually paying extra for that warranty, so if you buy something more expensive, that means you paid extra for the insurance or warranty..

laptops are cheaper in the US, but then you still have to pay for the tax in addition to the price.. you should also consider that..

also its not actually cheaper in the US, its just the the Philippines is around 3 months lagging..

you buy a laptop in the US and you wait for 3 months, and you will see the same brand and spec selling at the same price here..

do you own a Dell Inspiron Laptop bought from the US?

do you own a Dell Inspiron Laptop bought from the US?

nope, but that information actually came from someone who sells dell laptop..

also if you bought a laptop whether that is a known brand, but if that was sold as "2nd hand" the manufaturer will not consider that with a warranty..

and most of those old stock laptops despite being still new are sold as "2nd hand"

a warranty and phone support is actually bought.. you pay for it, that is why laptop brands which do not have phone or web bios support cost cheaper..

you could buy a laptop with international warranty, but on most brands that means extra add-on to the price.. (the laptop spec should say "international" warranty, not just warranty)

buying a laptop here with a good brand is perhaps a lot less risky than buying in the US.. not unless you plan to stay for a long time in the US..

wag ka na lang mag laptop.. problema at sakit ulo ang upgrade ng laptop, kahit na simpleng replacement ng hard disk, memory, etc, mahal pa din..

buy an xpc na lang and lcd monitor .. its smaller than a desktop pc, but cheaper, more upgradeable than a laptop,

check mo what you think.. im thinking about it too..

here's the link:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/120649-1/article.html

here's what im planning to setup for this: (naka latest intel pentium dual core na ako)

XPC SD36G5 19300

Pentium D 2.8 6795

2x512MB (1GB) DDR2 4300

120GB Seagate HD 3350

DVD Writer LG 1995

LCD 15' Mag 8595

Others (mouse,kb,speaker) 500

total: 44835 pesos

wag ka na lang mag laptop.. problema at sakit ulo ang upgrade ng laptop, kahit na simpleng replacement ng hard disk, memory, etc, mahal pa din..

buy an xpc na lang and lcd monitor .. its smaller than a desktop pc, but cheaper, more upgradeable than a laptop,

check mo what you think.. im thinking about it too..

here's the link:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/120649-1/article.html

here's what im planning to setup for this: (naka latest intel pentium dual core na ako)

XPC SD36G5 19300

Pentium D 2.8 6795

2x512MB (1GB) DDR2 4300

120GB Seagate HD 3350

DVD Writer LG 1995

LCD 15' Mag 8595

Others (mouse,kb,speaker) 500

total: 44835 pesos

the VALUE in a laptop is its mobility..

what you are suggesting would be fine for a desktop user

who only needs to travel occassional but for a

mobile user/road warrior, a laptop is very indespensable..

the VALUE in a laptop is its mobility..

what you are suggesting would be fine for a desktop user

who only needs to travel occassional but for a

mobile user/road warrior, a laptop is very indespensable..

Agree and some parts of Laptop is upgradable like HDD and RAM.

I bought myself recently a IBM Thinkpad R60/intel core duo with 2GB ram. It rox!!!

Where did you get it from? how much did it cost?

IMHO, I think all laptops can be upgraded kung memory lang at hdd...yun nga lang kung luma na yung laptop, ay baka walang parts...

i still believe that it is still cheaper to buy laptop in the US... Imagine mo na lang sa yung DELL na centrino duo mga $800 lang... unlike dito malaki ang difference ng presyo..

Agree and some parts of Laptop is upgradable like HDD and RAM.

I bought myself recently a IBM Thinkpad R60/intel core duo with 2GB ram. It rox!!!

on the way out na ang Core Duo, meron nang Conroe (or Dual Core 2) sa desktop PC's

for half the price you paid for the laptop of yours.. hehehe..

IMHO, I think all laptops can be upgraded kung memory lang at hdd...yun nga lang kung luma na yung laptop, ay baka walang parts...

i still believe that it is still cheaper to buy laptop in the US... Imagine mo na lang sa yung DELL na centrino duo mga $800 lang... unlike dito malaki ang difference ng presyo..

you haven't considered the tax, and shipping.. and the pain in the ass if your laptop is broken and dont know where have it fix for the warranty..

yes its cheaper, but it depends if you wanna take the higher risk or the lower risk

and to straight things out, there are no Dell laptop's that are made in US.. these are manufactured from our neighbor's like

Taiwan and China..

and no Dell service center here in the Philippines.. so essentially you are not buying a US made laptop, these laptops are no different from other laptops sold here..

Edited by THUG

ABSOLUTELY

Check out ur IBM/Lenovo Dealers lahat ng X-series na labas ng IBM Dual-Processor na!

cool! heavy ang spec ah! parang server!

Pallete na ang shipment nito

baka di nya inalis sa box hahaha..

dapat kase pag uwi mo itapon mo na yung box tapos ilagay mo sa laptop bag.. para di halatang bago..personal use.. ingat na lang sa airport.. sa checking nya pwede ma damage ang laptop mo.. make sure to put lots of padding inside the bag..

Guest xHANGMANx
ABSOLUTELY

Check out ur IBM/Lenovo Dealers lahat ng X-series na labas ng IBM Dual-Processor na!

Pallete na ang shipment nito

Bossing

Dual Core doesn't mean Dual Processor

hehehehehehehe!!!!

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/aca/EC.ACA.AS5102WLMI.2.jpg

Acer Aspire Notebook PC (5102WLMI)

ACA AS5102WLMI

• AMD Turion™ 64 X2 TL-50

• 15.4" WXGA display

• 1GB of DDR2 memory • 120GB hard drive

• DVD SuperMulti drive

• Integrated camera

Price $749.99 at Circuit City

I am thinking of purchasing this laptop, mura na compared to what they charge in the P.I.

Does any one have any comments/feedback on the AMD 64 X2 processor?

BTW, I think this already comes with the ATi Radeon xpress 1100 with 128mb. (pwede na yata for games)

If anyone can offer me a similar laptop of the same caliber in Manila, I will gladly purchase it from you. (PM me nalang)

Kahit mas mahal ng konti kasi I want the user to be able to take advantage of any warranties.

I should be visiting in a few weeks and am giving this as a gift to my neice.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/4/59d37145-c3d9-4101-8282-e9ba0cf71364.gif

Acer Aspire 5672WLMi Notebook

Intel Core Duo Processor T2300, 1.66GHz, with Centrino Technology, 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive, 15.4-inch WXGA TFT Display, 8X DVD+/-RW Drive, Windows XP Home Edition

(Product Mini-Site)

- Product Number: 336978

- Mfr. Part #: LX.AA705.106

- Brand: Acer Notebooks

- Rating: Read all 60 reviews $899.98

Ito pa, another one I am considering.

If anyone can offer me a similar item for purchase in Manila in a few weeks, I would much rather purchase it in the Philippines.

Mahirap kasi kung mag loko and my neice will have to deal with it. At least this way, she can always contact the local establishment wherever it will be purchased.

Where did you get it from? how much did it cost?

Sorry,

I bought it here in US. price is close to 2K USD. complete package with docking station and latest MS office. I only used for serious work. My old laptop, Compaq presario x1000 series with 1.8 centrino and 1GB ram still ok.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/4/59d37145-c3d9-4101-8282-e9ba0cf71364.gif

Acer Aspire 5672WLMi Notebook

Intel Core Duo Processor T2300, 1.66GHz, with Centrino Technology, 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive, 15.4-inch WXGA TFT Display, 8X DVD+/-RW Drive, Windows XP Home Edition

(Product Mini-Site)

- Product Number: 336978

- Mfr. Part #: LX.AA705.106

- Brand: Acer Notebooks

- Rating: Read all 60 reviews $899.98

Ito pa, another one I am considering.

If anyone can offer me a similar item for purchase in Manila in a few weeks, I would much rather purchase it in the Philippines.

Mahirap kasi kung mag loko and my neice will have to deal with it. At least this way, she can always contact the local establishment wherever it will be purchased.

ok na to.. but then again try to buy a Compaq Presario laptop there.. there are numerous (around 2) Compaq Authorized service center here in the Philippines..

mine overheated after i brought it here, and they fixed it without any question..

i disagree.. i brought my laptop in the US.. its been 4 months and my laptop still sells for around 40-50% more.. and the specs are inferior to mine..