Laptop/Notebook Owners

depends on wat game u play.. if its just DOTA, u dnt need a video card.. pde na built in.. also, if u download a lot, 40 gig is not enuf.. 80pde pa.. tho u can just have 40gb, and just burn everything u download.. memory i suggest 1 gb.. for processor i suggest centrino, core duo, or core 2 duo of u have the budget.. best processors on the market right now..

WLAN is wireless local area network.. LAN is just local area network.. so if u want 2 wifi, u need WLAN.. u can buy a separate WLAN card for u laptop, but its much MUCH better if its built in..

no idea sa cost.. sorry..

pentium M is decent.. centrino is better.. best is dual core.. core 2 duo even.. ofcrse, pricey.. depends on ur budget, and depends how long u plan to use ur laptop before buying a new one..

Salamat sa ulong!

Ano naman pal adifference ng Centrino,Pentium M,Dual Core at Core Duo?

Ung Dual Core sa Laptop same ba un sa Dual core sa Desktop?

Any Idea on prices of s adifferent processors?

I did some dindow shopping and pinaka mura so far is centrino.. Next Pentium M..

Ok ba AMD na laptop or Pentium? Wala pa akong nakikitang laptop na more than 1, Ghz processor..

:cool:

Kinda slow If ill also want to play some high end games..On a limited budget

So I cankeep my current DSL subscription now having a Desktop

When I get a laptop I dont need ot get a new one?

So I can just connect my DSL modem to my PC and off I go?

About Wifi hotspots , diba madaming free spots now?

Like starbucks etc.. So Even if their free? I cant just sit in there and connect na

Whats the best budget laptop now?

What If I get a laptop na wala pang Dvd writer or dvd drive?

Mahal ba iof ako nalang bibili ng dvd writer for the laptop?

Pde bang 2 drives ang lagay ko?

Tnx sa info

ndi na.. us same connection.. if u want to use both ur desktop and laptop, just buy a router.. preferably a wifi router para makapag wifi ka sa laptop mo.. connect ur dsl modem to ur router, than ur desktop and laptop to ur router.. im not sure how free hot spots work.. alam ko u just ask for their pass.. havent tried.. 17" kasi laptop ko e.. so its hard to lug around..

Salamat sa ulong!

Ano naman pal adifference ng Centrino,Pentium M,Dual Core at Core Duo?

Ung Dual Core sa Laptop same ba un sa Dual core sa Desktop?

Any Idea on prices of s adifferent processors?

I did some dindow shopping and pinaka mura so far is centrino.. Next Pentium M..

Ok ba AMD na laptop or Pentium? Wala pa akong nakikitang laptop na more than 1, Ghz processor..

:cool:

Kinda slow If ill also want to play some high end games..On a limited budget

pentium M is actually a mobile version of the pentium.. hence M.. its suposed to consume less power to conserve the battery, and run cooler.. centrino is the technology of intel for laptops.. said to be the most efficient until dual core came along.. core duo is intel's brand for its dual core.. like AMD's X2.. AFAIK, mas mabagal ang processors ng laptop kasi its made to consume less power and run cooler..

have 2 laptops,

TOSHIBA SATELLITE 2400 1.6 P4 M 512 ram 60g hdd 7200rom travelstar. dvd burner. :D

ACER aspire 5504 2.0g 1gig (512 x2 dual channel 533FSB) ram 80g hdd 5400rpm w ATI x700 , dvd burnerfast on heavy photo editing :cool:

saving for a CORE 2 DUO tentative brand pa :wub:

Edited by profX
pentium M is actually a mobile version of the pentium.. hence M.. its suposed to consume less power to conserve the battery, and run cooler.. centrino is the technology of intel for laptops.. said to be the most efficient until dual core came along.. core duo is intel's brand for its dual core.. like AMD's X2.. AFAIK, mas mabagal ang processors ng laptop kasi its made to consume less power and run cooler..

Ic.. so hinde rin pala worth kumuha ng mataas na processor speed sa laptop like 2-4-3ghz if ever meron dahil you wont be able to use it that long at mainit? hmmm.. makes me think twice

Ic.. so hinde rin pala worth kumuha ng mataas na processor speed sa laptop like 2-4-3ghz if ever meron dahil you wont be able to use it that long at mainit? hmmm.. makes me think twice

the ghz doesnt xactly tell u how fast a procesor runs.. its more of a merketing thing.. it is worth it if u need it.. the new dual cores are said to run fast and efficient and runs cooler than all of the processors in the market.. but, as ive said, its just a marketing thing.. right now, they sell procesors which are 3.0ghz and above.. i have a 1.8 intel dual core laptop, and it could outperform the current suposedly 3.0++ ghz procesors.. yes, it does run hot, but prolly bcuz a laptop doesnt have as much heatsinks and fans as compared to a desktop, and a desktop CPU has a larger space to circulate air.. also, a u dnt work near a CPU, unlike a laptop wherein u work on top of the procesor..

not just the procesor.. lahat ng parts may 2long sa pagpapatakbo ng programs.. memory, HD, vid card and processor.. if one of the components are left behind by the others, it will cause a bottleneck and cause programs/ games to run slow.. for games i believe its more on the video card and memory.. but the processor and HD also plays a major role.. HD is not just about capacity.. notebook HDs have 5400 and 7200 rpm.. for desktops, there are already HDs that run at 10000 rpm..

Mga Dudes, paki review ng specs na ito. Planning to buy this one. Ok na kaya

ito for games, internet (downloading...), etc...

X-Mobile S26i Centrino System

Intel Centrino Mobile Technology™

Intel Pentium M® Processor 740

(1.73Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533Mhz FSB)

Intel® 915GM + ICH6-M Chipset

Intel® PRO 2200BG Wireless LAN Module

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900

512MB DDR333 SODIMM Memory

12.1” XGA TFT LCD Screen, 1024 x 768 max.res

40GB Mobile HDD

DVD ROM + CDRW (Combo Drive)

10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN

High Speed 56k Modem V.90/V.92 compliant

3 x USB2.0, 1 x Mini IEEE1394 port,

1 x PCMCIA Slot, 1 x VGA Out, 1 x IrDA port

SD/MMC Card Reader, Kensington Lock Slot

6-Cell Lithium Ion Battery

275(w) x 245(d) x 30.6(h) mm, 1.86Kgs/3.96lbs

Please advise kung maganda ba ito. Thanks

in buying notebooks di lang dapat specs at prices ang dapat nating consider.

kahit na anong brand yan ...

* ALMOST ALL comes from TAIWAN

* ALMOST ALL has INTEL/AMD processors or components

kaya dapat consider din natin ang warranty, service at customer support.

also, do consider if other compents are upgradable like, processor,memory,harddrive

i hope this help.

thanks

-----------------------------------------

chico

Guys, do you know if there's a "Laptop Privacy Filter" available locally? It's a kind of sheet that you place on your laptop's screen that makes it (the screen) unreadable unless you're directly in front of your laptop. It is useful when you're in public places like coffee shops and you don't want people snooping around and seeing what you're doing in your laptop.

I looked at the 3M website and they have one. I contacted them and they referred me to a local distributor. Unfortunately, this distributor doesn't accept retail orders. They only accept wholesale orders (5 pieces or more) plus they have to order abroad so it takes 3 months daw for the order to be processed and delivered.

Do you guys know where I can buy this "Laptop Privacy Filter"? Thanks.

40GB Mobile HDD

10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN

If you're into games that require a lot of RAM, a 1GB RAM is adviseable pero pwede na siguro ang 512MB. Also, please consider the HDD capacity. 40GB is a bit small nowadays. Go for 80GB or higher.

I'm planning on buying a macbook too. How will I convert my MS office or other Windows applications files to mac readable files?

most office applications documents between win`98 and xp will be automatically converted. if you have trouble, you can always use boot camp and run windows from you mac. :) you can have both win and mac platforms running on the most stable system to date. drawback is, it's a hassle to switch from win to mac because you have to restart your computer everytime and boot into the platform you want.

people say it's not practical to buy the macbook yet because it hasn't really performed as fast as it should with the existing programs and apps it comes with. but the great thing about buying a mac is the stability. you never have to worry about viruses and such. and when there's something wrong, customer service is tops. :)

get a mac! get a mac! :D

40GB Mobile HDD

10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN

hmm for gaming ndi kaya ng specs unless old games ilalaro mo.. it doesnt have a dedicated vid card.. also, the memory is not sufficient.. plus, the screen is only 12", unless ok lang sayo na mamuti mata mo sa liit ng screen.. 1024x768 max resolution is also not good.. the 40GB is also too small.. if u have a small HD, id go for a DVD writer so u can burn data.. but, it is after all a 12" laptop which was NEVER meant for gaming..

Thanks Dude...

hmm for gaming ndi kaya ng specs unless old games ilalaro mo.. it doesnt have a dedicated vid card.. also, the memory is not sufficient.. plus, the screen is only 12", unless ok lang sayo na mamuti mata mo sa liit ng screen.. 1024x768 max resolution is also not good.. the 40GB is also too small.. if u have a small HD, id go for a DVD writer so u can burn data.. but, it is after all a 12" laptop which was NEVER meant for gaming..