Laptop/Notebook Owners

i am using a compaq presario V2000

iAMD Mobile Turion 64 ml-30 processor with PowerNow! technology (1.6GHz)

• Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2

• 512MB DDR SDRAM

• 80GB hard drive

• Double-layer DVD±R/RW and CD-RW combo drive

• 14" WXGA high-definition widescreen display (BrightView)

• ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP graphics

• 54g integrated 802.11b/g wireless LAN

• 6-in-1 digital media card reader

masaya na rin ako dito

You guys really know your PC and laptaps.... :cool:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!? :wacko: Wanted to buy a laptap for the usual reasons (e.g. file, internet) but the main reason is "GAMING"!!!! but I don't know which is the best? :unsure:

Yes, I am a gaming addict but no computer geek. I am one of those who play in computer shops near U-belt never knowing the specs of my computer (basta mabilis and walang lag pwede na!) but now I am overseas working in a small island. Na-bored na ako eh!!! :cry:

I really miss my gaming days and nights and hating umagang pag-CS. But I want to get connected again and get updated in the new games out in the market. But first got to find me the best laptap computer that performs well for gaming, second na ang other features :D

Any suggestions? :) Please? :thumbsupsmiley:

You guys really know your PC and laptaps.... :cool:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!? :wacko: Wanted to buy a laptap for the usual reasons (e.g. file, internet) but the main reason is "GAMING"!!!! but I don't know which is the best? :unsure:

Yes, I am a gaming addict but no computer geek. I am one of those who play in computer shops near U-belt never knowing the specs of my computer (basta mabilis and walang lag pwede na!) but now I am overseas working in a small island. Na-bored na ako eh!!! :cry:

I really miss my gaming days and nights and hating umagang pag-CS. But I want to get connected again and get updated in the new games out in the market. But first got to find me the best laptap computer that performs well for gaming, second na ang other features :D

Any suggestions? :) Please? :thumbsupsmiley:

Guys, where can i buy hard-drive for laptop/notebook? Any Idea How much it would cost me for a 40 G hard-drive? T.Y.

Sa PC Options sa Gilmore malapit sa St Paul QC. I got mine for P4,500 nung Jan. Baka nagmura na rin ngayon.

You guys really know your PC and laptaps....  :cool:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!? :wacko:  Wanted to buy a laptap for the usual reasons (e.g. file, internet) but the main reason is "GAMING"!!!! but I don't know which is the best? :unsure:

Yes, I am a gaming addict but no computer geek.  I am one of those who play in computer shops near U-belt never knowing the specs of my computer (basta mabilis and walang lag pwede na!) but now I am overseas working in a small island.  Na-bored na ako eh!!! :cry:

I really miss my gaming days and nights and hating umagang pag-CS.  But I want to get connected again and get updated in the new games out in the market.  But first got to find me the best laptap computer that performs well for gaming, second  na ang other features  :D

Any suggestions? :)    Please? :thumbsupsmiley:

I don't suggest a laptop for gaming dahil hindi ganun kalakas ang video card na ginagamit for laptops except sa mga Apple ibook na ginagamit for presentation. Bili ka nalang ng desktop para sulit talaga ang pag lalaro mo, madali pa upgrade at malaki yung screen mo. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa PC Options sa Gilmore malapit sa St Paul QC. I got mine for P4,500 nung Jan. Baka nagmura na rin ngayon.

I don't suggest a laptop for gaming dahil hindi ganun kalakas ang video card na ginagamit for laptops except sa mga Apple ibook na ginagamit for presentation. Bili ka nalang ng desktop para sulit talaga ang pag lalaro mo, madali pa upgrade at malaki yung screen mo.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Apple iBooks only use 32 mb of video memory and the Powerbooks, 64-128 mb. Many gaming notebooks, on the other hand, already set 256 mb as a minimum for acceptable performance. Those iBooks won't be worth much if and when they become gaming platforms.

But you're right about one thing - buy a desktop if you want to play games.

Apple iBooks only use 32 mb of video memory and the Powerbooks, 64-128 mb. Many gaming notebooks, on the other hand, already set 256 mb as a minimum for acceptable performance. Those iBooks won't be worth much if and when they become gaming platforms.

But you're right about one thing - buy a desktop if you want to play games.

dre, thanks for the info! di ko kasi kabisado talaga ang Apple products. kala ko pareho lang yung ibook at powerbook. :thumbsupsmiley:

I really miss my gaming days and nights and hating umagang pag-CS.  But I want to get connected again and get updated in the new games out in the market.  But first got to find me the best laptap computer that performs well for gaming, second  na ang other features  :D

Any suggestions? :)    Please? :thumbsupsmiley:

If its for gaming, number 1 priority would be your video card. Laptops with either an ATI Mobility 9800 or X700 card is recommended. For Nvidia, look for notebooks with Geforce Go 6800 or 7800. As long as its a dedicated 3D graphics card and not an integrated Intel chipset, it should handle games pretty well. Next, have a fast CPU. A Pentium M or AMD Turion clocked around 1.73 to 2 Ghz is recommended. If you don't care about battery life, get a Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 clocked at around 3 Ghz. Finally, don't forget the RAM. The more the merrier. You can survive on 512, but 1 Gb is recommended.

If you're not sure what the specs mean, you can get laptops from companies that specialize in gaming notebooks. Look for Alienware, Voodoo PC, Sager, Dell XPS, Acer Ferrari, etc.

can anyone recommend a reliable whitebox laptop. I am currently using an old 600e thinkpad and it is starting to give up on me. I don't think I can afford a branded model right now. so I am thinking of buying a whitebox. I basically do a lot of layout designs and photo editings. thanks.

what kind of budget are you working with? less than 50K? less than 70k?

most of the white boxes less than 50k don't include dedicated video and use mobile celeron processors. There are branded laptops such as HP and Toshiba that offer laptops at these price range. At the commdap last month, I was able to purchase a toshiba laptop with 3 years warranty. It uses a celeron processor but includes an ati radeon video chipset

hope this helps :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
wuld u guys recommend purchasing a 2nd hand laptop from shops? not from other people, but from retailers.. like those in gilmore?

but im also considering a brand new laptop.. minimum specs are pentium M 1.3+, 512 memory, 64 dedicated video, 40-60gig hd.. any idea which brand is the best buy? price range? thanx!

Try buying Celeron M processor laptops........they are cheap........less than PhP45k......According to the literature, the only difference between Celeron M and Pentium M processors is the battery power......Pentium M processors last longer due to the Intel Speedstep technology....

i have an HP notebook.... Compaq nx7200

17 inch monitor na widescreen

windoxs xp

1.73 ghz... pentium m

80 gb hard disk

256 mb (nag upgrade ako... 512 na cya ngayon)

dvd r/w

mei built in drive na din for SD, MMC, etc

built in wi-fi at bluetooth

built in altec lansing speakers

wla nga lng disk drive.. tsk tsk tsk....

ok cya.. i am very satisfied...

keeping me company sa mga cold and lonely nyts here in japan.. hu hu hu

:D

mine is an Asus laptop (A3500E model)

15.4 inch screen

Windoxs XP

1.73 GHz Intel Pentium M

40 gb hard disk

256 MB upgraded to 752 MB RAM (shared memory video card?)

DVD combo drive

tapos daming connection capabilities (MMC reader, 4 USB slots, etc...)

so far, I'm happy with it and the way it's running my programs and games :) :cool: :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by cheeselogger
wuld u guys recommend purchasing a 2nd hand laptop from shops? not from other people, but from retailers.. like those in gilmore?

but im also considering a brand new laptop.. minimum specs are pentium M 1.3+, 512 memory, 64 dedicated video, 40-60gig hd.. any idea which brand is the best buy? price range? thanx!

why buy 2nd hand when bnew is affordable anyway? I can sell you some with Licensed XP pa :)