What's So Special About Starbucks?

Asides from the burnt tasting (charcoal) coffee, its the appearance and the ambiance. Though I loath this particular brand of coffee I can't knock it since I work in a call center. If given a choice between the instant crap coffee nescafe gives us, and charbucks....I'll pick charbucks any day....if only they let us bring in our own coffee makers.... haaayyy... guess I'll just have to save up for that bodum coffee press :P :headsetsmiley:

• 4 weeks later...

It's not as much as there being anything special about it, but rather that it serves as a known-base for consistency - even across countries, which is especially appealing whenever you find yourself someplace that isn't known for having a "coffee culture."

Take the Philippines for instance. When I finally get back there, it's a sure bet that I'd hit a Starbuck$ first before trying some other "brand" (whether it be local or another 'import' like Gloria Jean's). Conversely, knowing that there is a Starbuck$ that I can fall back to, I'd also be more apt to sample the local offerings. Odd how that works huh?

However, when you do happen to live someplace that has a more dynamic alternative coffee scene (Seattle, Paris, Rome, Portland, San Francisco, etc), then you do tend to stay away from the chain operations and patronize the local cafes.

Think of Starbuck$ as a coffee comfort-blanket when you require something known.

Crystalmare, I Fully Agree on your commend regarding the burnt taste.

Im no authority in coffee ... but

Modesty aside, I have tried coffee in Middle East as in I even drank it there ...

I also regularly take coffee from Kenya, Brazil and Vietnam on 3x a week..

For local stuff I take Figaro everyday ..... Starbucks and Seattles Best during meetings

My favorite drink is the Expresso, very little sugar ...

Sometmes with a liitle steam milk foam ...

What really stands out with Starbuchks is its Burnt taste. specially when u drink it as is.

* Trivia - The demand of coffee in Philippines is increasing .... Local production could not cope

up with the demand and we are already importing coffee... Yes, about 100+ tons na imported

stuff natin sa market

Chit San Juan of Figaro has been advocating coffee planting to local farmers to boost local supply

Asides from the burnt tasting (charcoal) coffee, its the appearance and the ambiance.  Though I loath this particular brand of coffee I can't knock it since I work in a call center.  If given a choice between the instant crap coffee nescafe gives us, and charbucks....I'll pick charbucks any day....if only they let us bring in our own coffee makers.... haaayyy... guess I'll just have to save up for that bodum coffee press :P :headsetsmiley:

there is actually nothing wrong with starbucks.

if you can afford it, why not?

masarap ang pastries. paborito ko yung mango tart saka belgian waffle. gusto ko rin yung mga fraps nila. yung mocha valencia ang gusto ko sa hot coffee choices nila.

kung gusto ng isang tao mag-starbucks, let them be. wag lang sila mangutang o magnakaw para mag-starbucks kasi OA na yun.

Kawawa ka naman, kapag walang wala ka ng choice tiyaga ka na lang sa Starbucks

Tsk tsk :(

Peace

** Trivia

"As soon as coffee is in your stomach, there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move ...similies arise, the paper is covered. Coffee is your ally and writing ceases to be a struggle"

Honore' de Balzac (1799 to 1859), The Pleasures and Pains of Coffee

Coffee bean and tea leaf coffe shop for me or SBC . starbucks pag wla na talagang choice. pa bago bago ung coffee nila walng consistency.