What's So Special About Starbucks?

Masquerade

Virgin

Group:

Newbies Posts:

14 Joined:

13-March 10 Gender: Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

their international trademark and the ambiance?

but personally I'd rather have my instant coffee in the pantry with manang than have a high-falluting sounding coffee amidst some posers.

baka high polluting hehe

For me, it's the ambiance and the place. It's like a retreat away from home. Wala kasing istorbo, I don't have to tell my friends or relatives where I am (and I don't usually answer text messages or calls when I'm at a Starbucks branch, hehehe) ;)

Price isn't an issue for me, sort of. Me and my significant other would sometimes just share a drink. Then we'll just stay there to do whatever we want to do or to just hang around.

they have difficult to pronounce variants, they are expensive, they put ice on hot drinks and price it some more. starbucks offers nothing special, but they've managed to organize people and offer products that certain groups relate to.

we all have our reasons in going - and not going - to starbucks. the fact that we are all talking about it makes it special. and then they charge us an arm and a leg.

well, that's simple marketing, creating a product we don't really need and they charge us for it.

Edited by tagpi

It's tolerable, but I've noticed starbucks in the Philippines doesn't taste like any of the starbucks I've patronized outside of it, maybe it's the water? Personally I prefer Tim Hortons, double double.

I had the opportunity to try out a few drinks on a Starbucks branch abroad (it wasn't a US branch, btw). I think the difference is that in the Philippines, it's more about sugar and/or chocolate. For instance, their mocha frap tasted less chocolate-y and more mocha (e.g. just like Magnolia or Nestle's mocha ice cream).

• 2 months later...

<< ambiance >>

if you wanna make a good impression on your first date but

aren't willing to go all out on a dinner - take her here instead.

and at the risk of incurring saer ndn's ire,

dalhin mo yung laptop mo at turuan mo siyang mag-MTC dito! laugh.gif

Edited by Itto Ogami

<< ambiance >>

if you wanna make a good impression on your first date but

aren't willing to go all out on a dinner - take her here instead.

and at the risk of incurring saer ndn's ire,

dalhin mo yung laptop mo at turuan mo siyang mag-MTC dito! laugh.gif

Hehe sir naman ok lang yun basta wag lang silang sobrang tagal kasi kawawa naman yung mga taong walang maupuan. :lol:

Libre ba dito mag wi-fi pag umorder ng kape? Pansin ko may mga customer dito na magdamag naka-laptop. Mga 4-5 hours yata yun isang chick na nakita ko. Hehe... sa Metrowalk madalas ko mapuna ito kasi sa tabing bar lang kami umiinom. Siguro naman hindi sa pagtitipid yun dahil mas mura pa mag connect via 3G kaysa bumili ng kape dito.

Libre ba dito mag wi-fi pag umorder ng kape? Pansin ko may mga customer dito na magdamag naka-laptop. Mga 4-5 hours yata yun isang chick na nakita ko. Hehe... sa Metrowalk madalas ko mapuna ito kasi sa tabing bar lang kami umiinom. Siguro naman hindi sa pagtitipid yun dahil mas mura pa mag connect via 3G kaysa bumili ng kape dito.

Hindi naman kaya nagpapa-pickup bro? :lol:

not to mention . . . did anyone care to check the calorie content of every coffee they are offering . . .

as someone said it taste more sweet than coffee, baka artificial na yan iniinom natin hindi pa natin alam. its not caffeine kicking in but the sugar which aside from maybe huge calories you taking in which means you can gain weight . . . hindi ka na nalalayo to be a diabetic. to be clear im not claiming that there is no coffee content there.

remember R&D roles in the 21st century aint about discovering to make people lives better but how to make the profit of corporations or businesses better. like the favoring or preservatives so ou can eat a very good meal. the once natural healthy is subtituted to salt and msg

Edited by launchpad

pwede, kaso mahal naman ng props nya laptop.. ambience kaya? hehe

Pang-fine dining cguro ang price bro kaya can afford mag-laptop hehe. Para hindi OT,napapansin ko din na maraming mga foreigner especially mga Koreans sa Starbucks o nagkataon lang kaya? Usually sila yung mga loud magsalita at magtawanan.

Edited by ndn