What's So Special About Starbucks?

yeah.. i drink coffee in SB for the place..

with the barkada..

that's why i keep on wondering people who buys coffee from them then just takes it out..

130 coffee?? nah! :)

i pay for the place!

some people can afford expensive coffee, to go. :P not all people go there to hang out (although marami ngang overstaying), there are those who just want coffee and are comfortable with starbucks' brews. i prefer coffee bean, though, dine in or take out.

not to mention . . . did anyone care to check the calorie content of every coffee they are offering . . .

true, i try to avoid the cold mixes which are very heavy in calories. but starbucks frappucinos admittedly taste better than other coffee shops. :blink:

Edited by vanillaLatte

For me it provides the perfect venue when I want to take a break from my home office, bring my laptop and work in a different environment. Good coffee, great sandwiches, quiet surroundings. This isn't to say that Seattle's Coffee isn't the same; I go there too.

Not all of us who go to Starbucks and the like are "posers"!

Edited by luvsex

ang isa pang ayoko sa starbucks:

when meeting up with somebody they always want to meet at starbucks.

kaso wala naman maupuan.. the place is usually full.. tapos sa kabilang establishments ang luwag luwag.. i ask: why da heck do we have to meet at starbucks? making me buy that 3-digit coffee while i wait.. i drink coffee like i drink beer - i'll be broke and trembling after an hour. :wacko:

I'll tell you guys what's special about Starbucks: its genius marketing. Period. Starbucks was named "Starbuck," after a character on Moby Dick. The company sold coffee beans and equipment only, and it was after Howard Schultz, inspired after a visit to Milan, came up with the idea of selling espressos and other kinds of brews on-site that the idea really took off.

What Howard Schultz did was create the concept of a "coffee bar," something larger than the traditional coffee shop, yet still retained an air of coziness. (This is why you'll never see a Starbucks store smaller than 100 sq.m.) Coffee-wise, madaming brands ang mas malasa pa kesa sa Starbucks, as seen in last year's Consumer Reports blind taste test. Pero what made Starbucks click was, as many of you have said, that it has become a good meeting place, something where the aroma of fresh coffee and subdued lighting (as opposed to Dunkin Donuts or other fastfood places) made it ideal for hanging out, or even studying/working.

When you hang out at a Starbucks, you're paying not as much for the coffee (which costs very little to make), but more for the place. The similar success stories of Figaro, UCC, Seattle's Best and other coffee chains attests to this. 17,133 stores in 49 countries. I guess a lot of people agree with Mr. Schultz's concept.

*btw, I am not in any way connected to Starbucks, so forget any unjustified criticism.

Edited by deepdiverboy
  • 1 month later...

i used to loathe starbucks. ive always been a coffe drinker but i prefer my coffee the way i make it. always thought starbucks (et al) was over priced. but nowadays,im a frequent tambay of starbucks. i dont like drinkin and stuff. so me goin to starbucks is liek any other person goin out to bars. its a haven,. somewhere to sit, talk, smoke or hours on end. it is a bit pricy but then again youre not just paying for the coffee.

add the sugar content and calories your consuming in your system for those fraps. just because its a coffee shop doesnt mean they care about you being consuming your daily needs of coffee and helping you to get stay awake with the kick of caffeine in your system.

try asking youll be shock how much your consuming. and yes . .. like all busineses especially international franchise stuff it doesnt go eventually the same or the control of it, remember mostly a business when ran in another country usually change due to a lot of reasons like raw mats, costing, etc etc etc.

you just got the label . . .