N F L - National Football League

so what are you implying? that bill actually cheated on other games?

i really thought he was just pissing off the jets coach, he even made it so obvious so that he'll be caught, to make a point that vidcams or no vidcams, they can still win :lol:

we will never know the whole story .. the "tapes" were destroyed after all .. imagine tapes for just one game?... and like i said earlier there have been rumblings of spygate as far back as their 2nd superbowl.. where theres smoke theres bound to be fire.....

as for metz saying the players still have to make the plays ....if you know where the blitz is coming and how the blitz will come down .. u can pretty much anticipate thhow the play will go down .. know where to scramble even dump off to somebody who is bound to be open and will most likely make a big play.. its like being one and a half step ahead of the enemy

i dont really hate the patriots actually i liked them except when they played my eagles .. now im pretty much ambivalent to them .. my gripe is not about hating on their perfect record .. im hating the fact that they cheated and got away with it.. winning may be everything .. but its gotta be done the right way

Now if NE is caught another time, then i'll cast doubt on their record... if it was only one game, and he made it a point that their cheating can easily be spotted then i won't really put their 16-0 record with 16 asterisks, only 1, like 16*-0, hindi yung 16****************-0 na gustong mangyari ng mga haters.

and they were punished right? what was the maximum penalty for such an infraction?

^Though I agree with you dh on the point that the offense may have known which play the defense could be playing, there are still audibles which the defense can use to change their play...coaches know better to give their team 2-3 option plays to work with, hence the audibles...and the fact that it has been told that coaches change their signals ever so often that last week's signals is no longer what it means...since most teams know they are also being watched (legally) or scouted...Again, it is cheating but its degree is less than that of grave cheating like "kodigo" (wherein you cheat with the right and absolute answers)...so whether it could've played in their current record of 17-0, it really doesn't give much of an evidence...add that to the fact that they do have had hard times in offense all season long...and much like basketball, you may know what the other team is going to do, but can you stop them or can you play or execute well enough to beat them? Jordan gets the ball 99% of the time in endgames, yet the opposing team still couldnt stop him from getting the shot that he wants....they scout every move, every play, yet there still nothing they could do...

bottom line, pats has play makers who get the job done...they paid for illegally videotaping in a prohibited area through fines and a draft pick...for me it's fair, coz you can videotape signals, just not on 3 specific areas...but it can be done...legally...that's why it doesnt hold water regarding putting asterisks on their record...the fines are enough for there was no clear cut penalty for it....it still has to be written...

an infraction is an infraction .. no matter the scope .. much like lying is lying no matter how you look at it

i have no problem with the patriots .. like i said they can go 32-0 in two seasons it doesnt matter to me

what matters is the way the league acted on the issue .. 1. they let them go with almost no penalty ( team's worth billion 750k is a pittance, first round pick? they still have the niners 1st rd pick which is the 8th overall pick) 2. the cover up ... no more mention of the incident ever, no investigation at all, subsequent non-issue, its like it never happened.

it seems to me theres a double standard in the league .. a kid goes out and acts stupid he gets suspended, a kid smokes weed w/c doesnt give him any advantage whatsoever .. gets suspended .... note the two examples dont have any bearings on the game whatsoever.. while a highly regarded coach gets caught using technology to advance his team in a shady manner .. gets away with hardly any punishment...

my picks ..

lambeau field will be too much for eli and his gaymen

hoping that the chargers upset the pats ... w/c is unlikely to happen

and to that extent, we really do not know why the NFL flagged them that way...there is nothing to support that the league is in cahoots with whomever...it was their call, and they are the only ones who should take flak...

i don't have any problems with those who dislike the pats or hoodie...just dont blame them for whatever the league imposed on them...they are just doing their jobs...

that's why i respect what they accomplished...and i dont blame hoodie for the penalty either...it wasnt in his hands anyway...and they moved on...and so should we (regarding their involvement in the case)...not unless there is clear cut evidence that would put them as suspect to a conspiracy...

that's just my take on this...and hopefully we just enjoy the game...thanks

i really hope it will be Favre vs Brady in the Super Bowl...Eli had his chance and so did the chargers...i want to watch something we havent seen yet...:D

and to that extent, we really do not know why the NFL flagged them that way...there is nothing to support that the league is in cahoots with whomever...it was their call, and they are the only ones who should take flak...

i don't have any problems with those who dislike the pats or hoodie...just dont blame them for whatever the league imposed on them...they are just doing their jobs...

that's why i respect what they accomplished...and i dont blame hoodie for the penalty either...it wasnt in his hands anyway...and they moved on...and so should we (regarding their involvement in the case)...not unless there is clear cut evidence that would put them as suspect to a conspiracy...

the league did what it had to. Goodell simply wanted to protect the billion-dollar business that is pro football.

if that meant destroying evidence---damning or otherwise---at the expense of playing Big Brother, so be it.

if that meant having to look the other way, act the fool and "seemingly" help Bill and the Pats beat the rap and do Bob a big favor, so be it.

if that meant having to pull the plug on this thing before it took a life of its own, so be it.

although in real life, what Goodell did would probably put him behind bars...but that's that.

as Commish, this is what he had to do. it ain't pretty but hell, it was effective.

like dh, I honestly don't hate any single participant in this affair as much as the way this whole thing turned out.

and the only thing I probably hate even more than that is realizing that the game's twisted but no one can do jack about it `coz it's the biggest game in town. but I guess that's just how the sporting world rolls nowadays, where winning and gaudy records matter more than anything else.

lastly, while Kraft didn't exactly vote Goodell into power all by himself, he's still the owner of one of the league's biggest and most successful franchises and was instrumental in striking a record deal with Reebok for the NFL's licensed apparel. if that doesn't spell clout in big bold letters, I really don't know what does.

Easy, chukchuck, he's one of us. :thumbsupsmiley:

Guernica, are you actually in New Hampshire now or did you use to live in NH?

I'm in Manila now. Mum's in Nashua and rest of the family's scattered in Portsmouth. I try to go at least once a year.

Go Cheatriots!

Edited by Guernica

Hey guys wat up? I'm a friggin newbie(definitely not a noob). Seems "Hateriots" mania is all over the world...geesh!

This just in:

"A temporary restraining order was issued Monday requiring the star wide receiver (Randy Moss) to stay at least 500 feet from a woman who alleged he committed "battery causing serious injury" to her at her Florida home on Jan. 6."

Awesome isn't it? Just another reason to hate these Patriots.

How this distraction affects them, we'll know sunday.

well, I haven't seen a Patriot hater post here. the closest to so-called haters are posters, myself included, that just want to point out that winning isn't everything especially if you did get caught and pronounced guilty of violating the rules. besides, true sports fans would have a hard time not admiring teams made up of "all-star/world" players like the Galactico's before, the Dream Team and even the Yankees with the collection of talent in just one team...

the Michael Vick dog jokes here though are more than "sufficient" in number...

hehehe