Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

d lang talaga marunong yung kalaban ni hazelett. parang dun lang naka encounter ng omoplata using the legs

i was so devastated with big daddy loss kala ko kaya nya ang new and improved ken flo

the Barn Cat is no joke as well chief, yun nga lang nahirapan siya dun sa omoplata, he even tried to get out of it kaso it just gave Dustin an armbar, nalagay ni Dustin yung leg nya under dun sa kabilang armpit ng kalaban nya ayun kontrolado na nya yung katawan tuloy.

the one thing that i thought that could k*ll Joe Daddy was, he'd forget that Kenflo is a BJJ balckbelt as well, and ayun nga parang nagulat siya nung na takedown siya ni Kenflo and started grappling with him.

he'd bounce back from the loss though, he's an amazing fighter, one of my favorites kaso Kenflo is very cerebral, after winning the fight against Huerta sabi ko sa sarili ko ang utak na lumaban ni Kenflo ah

Report: Anderson Silva could headline UFC 95, against Chuck Liddell

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Nov 17, 2008 at 10:07 am ET

When the UFC returns to London, England, for a show at The 02, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) could headline the event -- possibly in a non-title fight at 205 pounds against Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC).

The Sun, a reputable newspaper from the U.K., reported the possibility of the UFC 95 main event overnight.

However, neither fighter has been officially booked for the Feb. 21 event, and the Silva-Liddell fight is only being discussed a possibility.

"SunSport understands middleweight champion Anderson Silva, 33, has been asked to appear on the card, with a potential bout with light heavyweight star Chuck Liddell already being mooted," the report stated.

If it does pan out, the fight is certain to raise some eyebrows.

While Silva, who's made easy work of the UFC's 185-pound division since his arrival in 2006, has been granted permission to fight in the 205-pound division once before, his fight with James Irvin was largely considered pointless. However, with UFC Fight Night 15 being a late-booked event and in desperate need of a main event to counter Affliction Entertainment's debut event on July 19, the circumstances warranted even a non-ideal booking.

The UFC 95 fight, meanwhile, could be -- and perhaps should be -- criticized on two fronts. Not only would the light-heavyweight fight put the UFC's middleweight title picture on hold again (Silva made just two title defenses in 2008), he'd also be competing against a fighter -- though surely a future UFC hall-of-famer -- who's lost three of his past four fights and whose stock has never been lower. In fact, the 38-year-old Liddell hasn't scored a knockout victory in nearly two years.

Liddell is still a draw, and the fight could be marketed. However, a loss for "The Iceman" could be a disaster and force him into retirement. Worse yet, a loss for Silva would greatly impact his standing as the world's top pound-for-pound fighter and would likely derail any future plans for the 33-year-old Brazilian to fight outside the 185-pound division.

Silva is currently riding a nine-fight win streak, which includes eight consecutive victories in the UFC. None of his UFC fights has gone to a decision, including his most recent title defense. Last month at UFC 90, he defeated Patrick Cote via third-round TKO due to a knee injury suffered by the Canadian fighter.

SOURCE: Report: Anderson Silva could headline UFC 95, against Chuck Liddell

Even if they put up a superheavyweight division in the UFC, I think Brock would still rather cut and stay at heavyweight. Much like Butterbean's superheavyweight division in boxing, it would be viewed as the least-serious of all divisions. The UFC is not keen on delivering freakshows pitting the Sapps, Giant Silvas, and Zuluzinhos against each other. After all, the legitimate big boys of the heavyweight division, close as they are coming to the limit, are still able to make weight.

Now why all the Brock hate? The man won me a free lunch so lighten up. He caught Cap fair and square. In fact, the way he won surprised me. I thought he would win by typical smothering G&P that historically plagued Cap but the man proved that he can strike. He adds to his arsenal every fight and that is a scary thought. But like most of the posters here, IMHO, he still needs to defend his belt to cement his claim as a legitimate champion.

Oh s@%t this is gonna be really uninteresting common i dont think the ferttitas are just too stupid to do this or maybe Vince realized that real action clicks more nowa days compare to a scripted one... I hope the ferttitas will not let go of UFC...they are still i guess the best people to to handle the organization.

In hondacaptiva's world, anything is possible. :lol:

the one thing that i thought that could k*ll Joe Daddy was, he'd forget that Kenflo is a BJJ balckbelt as well, and ayun nga parang nagulat siya nung na takedown siya ni Kenflo and started grappling with him.

he'd bounce back from the loss though, he's an amazing fighter, one of my favorites kaso Kenflo is very cerebral, after winning the fight against Huerta sabi ko sa sarili ko ang utak na lumaban ni Kenflo ah

Yes people seem to have forgotten that Florian was a BJJ Blackbelt first before immensely improving his Muay Thai. I'm impressed by his footwork and how he uses it to create angles and how he used his reach in that fight to dictate position.

No question Joe-Daddy is gonna come back strong. I can't wait to see him put that vise-like guillotine choke on someone again.

Edited by geneticfreak

crocop version 2007 will get killed

but the crocop that won the pride GP, will absolutely brutalize Brock. That crocop had world class standup, excellent take down defense, and a killer instinct second only to Wanderlei. That guy was built to beat big wrestlers like Brock

hazelett, meia and kenflo had amazing submissions..

personally enjoyed hazelett's rubber guard, that dude is technical hehehe..

nice win by brock, can't wait to see him fight mir or big nog :)..

kenflo vs penn is next :) right after gsp beats penn's ass back to lightweight hehehehe :lol:

can't wait to see thiago alves vs. lyoto machida, pustahan puro takbo at ilag na nman to si machida hehehehe kakairita tlga style ni machida, sana manalo si alves :D

can't wait to see thiago alves vs. lyoto machida, pustahan puro takbo at ilag na nman to si machida hehehehe kakairita tlga style ni machida, sana manalo si alves :D

correction sir, it's thiago silva vs lyoto machida. not thiago alves. both fighters are undefeated (13-0)

Edited by berserker15

tough to call GSP VS PENN, both have immensely improved as fighters

GSP for one now has excellent wrestling and just earned his BJJ blackbelt, while BJ on the other hand has rededicated himself to fighting and his gas tank is not a question any longer, both fighters have improved striking as well.

the only variable that i see in that fight would be the drive and will to win, it now a question on who wants it more, a win that is.

i'm looking out for the Forrest VS Rashad match next month, this would definitely be a great match, Griffin has been an interesting fighter. i became a fan after that sub win over Shogun. now Rashad, he's one mean mofo, but i can't bring myself to like the dude since he's become pompous, he was wayyyyy different when he was in the TUF. hopefully Forrest wins their fight.

Lyoto VS Thiago is also interesting, Machida with his excellent counterstriking VS the vicious assault of Thiago would make it a real badass fight.

i wonder if Dana signs Aleks Emilianenko and pits him against Brock, now that would definitely be a must watch fight. ^_^

i wonder who'll fight for the LW finals for the current TUF? hope is Philippe Nover ^_^

crocop version 2007 will get killed

but the crocop that won the pride GP, will absolutely brutalize Brock. That crocop had world class standup, excellent take down defense, and a killer instinct second only to Wanderlei. That guy was built to beat big wrestlers like Brock

what's up with crocop recently? any news?

I'm sorry but i can't help but react to this comment. Only those who are ignorant with MMA would find machida's style "kakairita." The guy has solid technique AND hindi sya puro takbo.. its just that he is more of a counter puncher.. he gives his opponents major damage without getting hit in return. no offense dude but if you want to see someone na "puro takbo" go watch khalib starnes and if you want a brawl you have no business watching MMA where technique is given importance. if you want a brawl go watch Kimbo or better yet TNA or WWE im sure you will like the style of fighting there. hey no offense just a piece of my mind.

I hated the fact that brock won but i anticipated that he would.. randy i think is a little too old for brock. had the randy of two years or even a year ago fought him, things may have been different. Sure brock is big and all but he has very little technique.. ask Frank Mir about it.. speaking of Frank Mir, i think a rematch with brock would provide UFC with a good storyline. after all, mir gave brock his mma loss.

let us go now with the mir and nog matchup.. a match up between two of the best submission fighters in the heavyweight division. as to toughness i would go with big nog, striking.. hard to tell but maybe this should go to mir.. he grew up in a karate environment albeit he is more known for his grappling. nog has pretty decent boxing though.. submission.. about equal here but maybe a slight edge to nog.. mir's subs are all from the back, i cant remember him winning via sub when he is on top. so 2 out of 3 it should be nog. however, as what we have seen Mir have pulled a lot of surprises in his career.. remember that arm braking sub he pulled against silva for the belt and the sub he pulled against brock.. who knows maybe nog would get caught as well.. I hope Mir wins though.. i would be happy seeing him beat brock again.

as regards a possible match up with brock.. either miror or nog would give brock problems only because of their subs. one dimension in MMA that randy did not master. one mistake from brock and it would be over plus of course im pretty sure either of the two would prepare better to counter brock's size.. and they are both bigger than randy and possibly better suited to face brock. the problem with the randy matchup is that randy's strength was neutralized by brock, that is, his wrestling base.. against either mir or nog wrestling wont be much of an issue both guys would gladly pull lesnar to their guard and pull out some nasty subs.. and both have better than average striking..

what about napo.. the guy became bigger... can't wait for him to face brock as well.. heavy hands and feet.. remember cro cop, balck belt bjj and improving take down defense.. this is a matchup brock would possibly, more likely not win...

No need for another division.. technique will bring down size.. its just that brock was a bad match up for randy.. both wrestlers.. had you placed arlovski or barnett against lesnar... lesnar would have been in great trouble..

Edited by overman