Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

anybody know if Lawler really is half-pinoy?

a lot of people have told me about this, I'm not sure if they're just bullshitting with me

Nah! People jus say that coz he looks one! But he's not! think he's half Cherokee Indian or something...

Ricksons Super Grappling Challenge is one of those prestigious grappling No-Gi event down in Brazil. Not as Big as ADCC but still famous grapplers compete on it.

Speaking of ADCC, regional trials are on the way and the finals will be held on May 2009 in the US. Who will be crowned Absolute!?!? I wanna see a Drysdale vs. Roger Gracie match! Hope they compete! :thumbsupsmiley:

is the ADCC invitational? i wonder if Brock Lesnar could enter that too

Nope! its not an invitational tournament. You have to join the eliminations and win the regionals for you to go to the finals in the ADCC.

Filho missing weight by 7 lbs!? Ouch! Must be really hard for him cutting weight! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Faber vs. Brown... think faber by UD! :thumbsupsmiley:

A Robbie Lawler Silva match would be awesome. It'd be a short fight for sure with someone getting KO'd in the first round but I'd pay to see it. hehe.

Anyway again, stylistically Hendo in my opinion is the one best suited for a fight against Anderson Silva. If the 3 BJJ Blackbelts could develop better chins and faster shots though Silva might have a problem with any of them.

I say have luiz banha cane drop to 185 or 2 words cung lee andersons last 3 loses all came from asians hahah

Edited by rudepnoy4
I say have luiz banha cane drop to 185 or 2 words cung lee andersons last 3 loses all came from asians hahah

good point. and two of those losses were via submission (triangle choke to Daiju Takase and heel hook from a "beautiful" scissor lock takedown by Ryo Chonan). so there we have it. the guy who will beat silva should be asian and should be a submission artist. hehehe.

but all kidding aside Anderson has truly improved on the ground under the tutelage of the Noguiera siblings (that switchout escape from the back to a single during his fight with Marquardt was sweet btw) but IMHO it is still the best way to beat him.

Hendo took him down and controlled him during the first round of their fight and clearly won the round. Had he done that the whole five rounds instead of engaging him in a brawl during the second round he could have won that fight. Travis Lutter also had him mounted during their fight. I believe that had he chosen to continue with the GNP instead of going for that "sloppy" armbar the ref would have stopped the fight and he would have won.

WEC 36 RESULTS:

Mike Brown defeats Urijah ” The California Kid” Faber via technical knockout (strikes) in round one for the WEC Featherweight Championship

Chael Sonnen defeats WEC Middleweight Champion Paulo Filho via unanimous decision

Leonard Garcia defeats Jens “Little Evil” Pulver via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Jake Rosholt defeats Nissen Osterneck via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone defeats “Razor” Rob McCullough via unanimous decision

Aaron Simpson defeats David Avellan via knockout (punch) in round one

Jose Aldo defeats Jonathan Brookins via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Carmelo Marrero defeats Steve Steinbeiss by split decision

Danny Castillo defeats Rafael Dias via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Rani Yahya defeats Yoshiro Maeda via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

Puro upset ata mga result...

Edited by Serial Killer
WEC 36 RESULTS:

Mike Brown defeats Urijah ” The California Kid” Faber via technical knockout (strikes) in round one for the WEC Featherweight Championship

Chael Sonnen defeats WEC Middleweight Champion Paulo Filho via unanimous decision

Leonard Garcia defeats Jens “Little Evil” Pulver via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Jake Rosholt defeats Nissen Osterneck via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone defeats “Razor” Rob McCullough via unanimous decision

Aaron Simpson defeats David Avellan via knockout (punch) in round one

Jose Aldo defeats Jonathan Brookins via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Carmelo Marrero defeats Steve Steinbeiss by split decision

Danny Castillo defeats Rafael Dias via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Rani Yahya defeats Yoshiro Maeda via submission (guillotine choke) in round one

Puro upset ata mga result...

Tsk. pati si Razor Rob talo. Oh well. Said it time and again. It is MMA and anything can happen.

sabi na nga ba Sonnen yan eh, after learning that Filho missed weight by 7 pounds, malamang magalit lalo si Sonnen sa kanya. They should strip Filho of the belt kahit na ililipat na ang MW division ng WEC sa UFC, he shouldn't have a belt if he can't even make weight. Sonnen should have the belt, he worked hard for it, Filho just being the primadonna that he is decides not to make weight to make sure he doesn't lose the strap. what a bum...

i mean he's a good fighter and all, but he has issues outside the ring/octagon and it affects his fighting, i say he should clean his act first before he considers to fight again...

just so f#&king sad for someone that was considered the greatest threat to Spider Silva's belt... oh well the UFC has Kang now who probably after a couple fights would get a shot at Silva's belt ^_^

sayang talaga si Filho he was a beast sa Pride dati...

Brown is the Man! TKO'd Faber

Brown vs. Garcia next!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Filho had his first loss... man think he needs to see a sports psych. And train with the Nog. Bros <_<

that loss would bump some fighter's up the ladder as Faber would go down the ladder, specially since it's a TKO in the 1st.

sayang at natalo si Jens Pulver, idol ko pa naman ito... 2nd loss since moving down weight class

Filho should clean his act up muna, daming drama sa buhay kasi ng fighter na to, waste of talent talaga kapag may attitude problems...

nga pla sabi din nya na ayaw nya sa MW lumaban sa UFC, nakow mashado siyang undersized para sa LHW sa UFC, imagine a 5'8" LHW na tipong walks around @ 200lbs to 210lbs he'd b at a disadvantage with bigger LHW like Forrest, Rampage, Evans and Jardine just to name a few...

may kasaling pinoy sa ultimate figher! His name is Philippe Nover and im sure he is proud pinoy kasi dun sa tinitirhan niyang bahay kasama ung mga ibang contestants may paper sa room ni Philippe na color red and blue tapos nakasulat sipag at tiyaga!

when they pick him to fight last night the first word that came out of his mouth is AYOS and he said it loud

If Dana is planning to take the UFC here in May 2009 then maybe it's because Nover is in the finals. :)

No i dont think so i think its really part of their global strategie

yeah probably UFC Philippines will have Nover and Vera in the main fight cards

It would be a K.J. if they would not part of it...

Nover is the next big thing! like vera, he's also vocal about being pinoy! i just hope he'll learn from vera's mistakes...

Sorry but i guess vera was "politickalized" into going down at 205lb. rather staying at heavyweight... Vera is not comfortable at 205...which gets him to loose bouts. like me im a natural 130lb if go below 127lb it would be suicidal, i would loose my power and stamina...