Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Amir Sadollah will beat GSP anytime. :)

oh man! he may, but not at this time bro

Spider Silva VS Chuck Liddell would be nice, not to mention the pay-out it would generate for Dana and the Fertittas. Bisping is on his way, but if he doesn't want to get KTFO in the 2nd round then he better prepare himself for the Spider's assault. but then again this fight may happen but not right now, the UFC would first want to penetrate a deeper market in Europe before they make that fight happen.

WAR Forrest Griffin! sub in the dying minutes of the 4th wicked armbar from the bottom. ^_^

i didn't like Griffin when he started in the UFC and was glad that Tito beat him during his first few fights in the UFC, but after i saw the Shogun fight, i said to myself this guy is for real, he's gamer that Shogun and has better cardio. after that fight i am now a Griffin fan.

oh man! he may, but not at this time bro

Spider Silva VS Chuck Liddell would be nice, not to mention the pay-out it would generate for Dana and the Fertittas. Bisping is on his way, but if he doesn't want to get KTFO in the 2nd round then he better prepare himself for the Spider's assault. but then again this fight may happen but not right now, the UFC would first want to penetrate a deeper market in Europe before they make that fight happen.

WAR Forrest Griffin! sub in the dying minutes of the 4th wicked armbar from the bottom. ^_^

i didn't like Griffin when he started in the UFC and was glad that Tito beat him during his first few fights in the UFC, but after i saw the Shogun fight, i said to myself this guy is for real, he's gamer that Shogun and has better cardio. after that fight i am now a Griffin fan.

Hehe. That Griffin - Ortiz fight was classic by the way. It's amazing how Forrest has come such a long way from being just another fighter on the TUF show. We've seen him evolve thru all of his fights, not just during his wins but during his losses as well. The two fights with Stephan Bonnar showed us he had heart. The fight with Tito established him as a legitimate contender despite him losing a close decision. The loss to Jardine was a tough pill to swallow but it taught him to balance his brawling style with precision striking and control. The win over Shogun (widely regarded then as the world's best LHW) let the whole world know he had a ground game and finally the win over Quinton Jackson made him champion.

Evans has gone thru a similar evolution but overall I think Forrest has grown so much more than he has. And that is why I think on dec 27th he will retain his LHW crown.

Edited by geneticfreak
Hehe. That Griffin - Ortiz fight was classic by the way. It's amazing how Forrest has come such a long way from being just another fighter on the TUF show. We've seen him evolve thru all of his fights, not just during his wins but during his losses as well. The two fights with Stephan Bonnar showed us he had heart. The fight with Tito established him as a legitimate contender despite him losing a close decision. The loss to Jardine was a tough pill to swallow but it taught him to balance his brawling style with precision striking and control. The win over Shogun (widely regarded then as the world's best LHW) let the whole world know he had a ground game and finally the win over Quinton Jackson made him champion.

Evans has gone thru a similar evolution but overall I think Forrest has grown so much more than he has. And that is why I think on dec 27th he will retain his LHW crown.

amen to that amen.

fedor vs spider?!?!! huwat!!! hehehe parang match-up sa video game to ah ehehehehe :)

hahaha how f#&ked up can anyone get? hehehehe ^_^

if you think about it can happen

Silva walks around at 205 easy, 15lbs more he'd be at the catchweight. He's a very huge middleweight. if you caught the episode of TUF where he trained with Team Nog, you can see that he's just slightly bigger than Ryan Bader who fights at LHW. 220 shouldn't be a problem

fedor would have to cut a few pounds to but 220 is doable.

Silva walks around at 205 easy, 15lbs more he'd be at the catchweight. He's a very huge middleweight. if you caught the episode of TUF where he trained with Team Nog, you can see that he's just slightly bigger than Ryan Bader who fights at LHW. 220 shouldn't be a problem

its doable it they can sign - up fedor!.. hehe.. :goatee:

hahaha yep sabagay, he is a big middle weight much like Okami and Franklin

i read Darth Bader's blog about Spider Silva being extra hard on him while they do light sparring, and yeah kita ko yng pics konti lang lamang ni Bader kay Silva.

let's start an internet petition to have that fight happen ^_^

Silva VS Emilianenko FTW! ^_^

rampage would be destroyed by Silva

better striking all around plus Anderson has really good jiujitsu (which many people haven't seen yet)

GSP will end up the same way

he really hasn't fought a striker as good as Anderson

plus Anderson's reach will negate most of GSP's strengths

If you think about it, Anderson really has no choice but to move up in weight.

unless they somehow get Chonan

better striking all around plus Anderson has really good jiujitsu (which many people haven't seen yet)

Chonan has been fighting for the UFC, but not in main cards after his loss to Karo Parisyan, but that would be interesting he was the only one that legitimately beat Silva via that from nowhere flying scissor takedown to knee bar or was that a heel hook?

then maybe GSP should fight Thiago Alves first... he's a better striker compared to BJ Penn. :)

Chonan has been fighting for the UFC, but not in main cards after his loss to Karo Parisyan, but that would be interesting he was the only one that legitimately beat Silva via that from nowhere flying scissor takedown to knee bar or was that a heel hook?

heel hook. count on the jap fighters to come up with innovative ways of winning fights despite being whooped almost the entire time. That Chonan win had got to be one of the most compelling come from behind victories in MMA.

heel hook. count on the jap fighters to come up with innovative ways of winning fights despite being whooped almost the entire time. That Chonan win had got to be one of the most compelling come from behind victories in MMA.

yup the jap fighters have a lot of heart, that fight is one of my favorite MMA fights of all time, flying scissor takedown to heel hook FTW! that could have been the best moment in Chonan's MMA life ^_^

yup the jap fighters have a lot of heart, that fight is one of my favorite MMA fights of all time, flying scissor takedown to heel hook FTW! that could have been the best moment in Chonan's MMA life ^_^

Yeah I bet. hehe. Anyhow, if Chonan is already in the UFC like sir Larry here said. Why don't they set up a grudge match between him and anderson at 185? I bet despite being an underdog it would draw huge ticket sales since that fight with Chonan is Anderson's only devastating defeat.

Remember when Rampage first stepped into the UFC they had him fight the first guy he fought (and lost to) in MMA, Marvin 'the Beastman' Eastman and it was a success. I think they can market an Anderson-Chonan fight just the same.

Yeah I bet. hehe. Anyhow, if Chonan is already in the UFC like sir Larry here said. Why don't they set up a grudge match between him and anderson at 185? I bet despite being an underdog it would draw huge ticket sales since that fight with Chonan is Anderson's only devastating defeat.

Remember when Rampage first stepped into the UFC they had him fight the first guy he fought (and lost to) in MMA, Marvin 'the Beastman' Eastman and it was a success. I think they can market an Anderson-Chonan fight just the same.

i don't think Dana wants to gamble on a Silva VS Chonan 2 fight since Ryo Chonan lost convincingly to Karo last year in UFC 77 i think and the only win he has in the UFC is a SD with Carneiro in the preliminaries of UFC 88. besides Chonan's fighting WW in the UFC as well and he'd be really a small MW ^_^

i do see Chonan everytime a Team Quest fighter fights though, i guess he became good friends with Dan Henderson, when Hendo was fighting in Pride

if anderson loses to chonan that would be a bigger disaster than kimbo losing to Petruzelli

they can't afford their number 1 guy lose again to a Japanese tomato can

Ey! Chonan is no tomato can!? He didnt beat A. Silva for nothing right?! He fights in welterweight in the UFC, his new to the US/UFC casual fans! But your right about UFC can not afford A. Silva to lose again to Chonan!? Rem. what happend to Rampage vs. Lidell 2!?

I think Robie Lawler would be a good fight for A. Silva in MW!? Elite XC went bankrupt already! Hope UFC picks up the Ruthless one again!? :thumbsupsmiley:

Fighters I think can pose a problem for A. Silva at MW in the UFC:

Demian Maia

Thales Leites

Rousimar Palhares

Michael Bisping

Dan Henderson (rematch)