Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

yep, Jardine buckled after that knee stomp, but Brandon wasn't really there, i dunno what he's going through right now butall the best for Brandon.

Luis Cane is an animal, he weathered the flurry of Soku in the first & came out winning! what a show!

next week Silva VS Cote hehehe may laban ulit si Maia! hehehe ayus to! submission of the night nanaman siya sana ^_^

I'm seriously bothered by Brandon's performance over the last few fights he's had

when he came in undefeated coming off his ass-whupping of Frank Mir he was hyped to be the one to revitalize the HW division. People were saying how he was the next big thing, after that fight he was already 2, at most 3 fights away from a legit title shot, and then BOOM looses to Sylvia, and now it's like he's a different fighter, he's not intense anymore and fights on his heels a lot. He used to be exciting too.

I think he needs a new camp, maybe train with De La Grotte, extreme couture, or chute boxe (which I think would do him good btw). Hell he should just bury the hatchet and get back with City Boxing.

I hope it's not too late for Brandon though, he has so much talent and I wouldn't want to see talent like that put to waste just because he can't get his head on straight like he's supposed to.

I'm seriously bothered by Brandon's performance over the last few fights he's had

when he came in undefeated coming off his ass-whupping of Frank Mir he was hyped to be the one to revitalize the HW division. People were saying how he was the next big thing, after that fight he was already 2, at most 3 fights away from a legit title shot, and then BOOM looses to Sylvia, and now it's like he's a different fighter, he's not intense anymore and fights on his heels a lot. He used to be exciting too.

I think he needs a new camp, maybe train with De La Grotte, extreme couture, or chute boxe (which I think would do him good btw). Hell he should just bury the hatchet and get back with City Boxing.

I hope it's not too late for Brandon though, he has so much talent and I wouldn't want to see talent like that put to waste just because he can't get his head on straight like he's supposed to.

My 2 choices for vera: Extreme Couture or ATT

if you look at brandon closely, it seems like he can still make 185, he's roughly GSPs size right now

205 is a tough division for him to be in, given his past performance (griffin, rampage, wand, et al would all destroy the current vera) 185 has A. Silva, but if he gets his heart back, i seriously believe he can hang with Silva, maybe not enough to beat him but enough to eke out a decision win, or at least make the fight too close to call.

that's just my opinion though.

when he arrived in the UFC couple of years back, it looks like he can beat everyone in the HW and LHW Div. but after that loss to maine-iac. everything just doesnt seem going his way. now, he's just another fighter trying to get his *ss back in the ladder. i just hope its not too late for him to realize what talent he got!

“Brandon Vera, it’s like he lost something. That year off, I don’t know what it was. He doesn’t have that killer instinct, he doesn’t go after it. This kid used to be so cocky, and you know he wanted to fight everybody…. He was good, he was walking through heavyweights. Took that year off, all the contract stuff, hasn’t been the same guy since. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.”

- Dana White @ the post UFC 89 presscon

vera should really really consider a change in training. that's one factor that affects his performance. a good training camp can be a telling point for a fighter to win a match. another thing is that he has'nt thrown punches and leg kicks alot i the last few matches that he had. he's just contented in waiting for a counter attack.

on the other matches...

chris lytle emptied his gas tank and almost got knocked down in the dying seconds of the 3rd round against paul tayloy. but my hats - off to the taylor in not giving up till the final bell.

luis cane summoned all his strenght in the 2nd rd after weathering the explosiveness of soku and knocking the african assassin with a left punch.

the count dances his way to victory by outpoiting the crippler. bisping's jabs and right straights connected that gave him the victory.

Edited by ixnay
if you look at brandon closely, it seems like he can still make 185, he's roughly GSPs size right now

205 is a tough division for him to be in, given his past performance (griffin, rampage, wand, et al would all destroy the current vera) 185 has A. Silva, but if he gets his heart back, i seriously believe he can hang with Silva, maybe not enough to beat him but enough to eke out a decision win, or at least make the fight too close to call.

that's just my opinion though.

yup, i also though he looks to have the Yushin okami body type in that last fight & i said to myself he could cut to MW probably, but he'd be a thin MW i think

excellent gif of cane X soku

http://lh3.ggpht.com/ausgepicht/SPvBaUTOkzI/AAAAAAAAAF4/3taGpEodsJw/s400/cane_slap.gif

notice how cane follows through with the slap, pulls the right hand down and clears the way for his left straight.

so that was what the slap was for, hehehe i thought it was something of payback for Soku's strong start ^_^

chris lytle emptied his gas tank and almost got knocked down in the dying seconds of the 3rd round against paul tayloy. but my hats - off to the taylor in not giving up till the final bell.

yep, that's why they call him Relentless Paul Taylor ^_^ it was a great fight, for me it could have gone either way ^_^

Vera should be kicked out of UFC. very disappointing!

I don't think he should be kicked out because of his losses. Though I agree that his previous performances weren't impressive. If the basis of him being booted off from the UFC are his recent fights, the Iceman would be sharing the same fate as well. They both had 3 defeats out of 4 fights. A lot of fighters have been given a chance after a string of losses and they were able to get back on track. A new training camp would be best for Vera to reignite his intensity and come out a better and exciting fighter. Just like how he used to be.

I don't think he should be kicked out because of his losses. Though I agree that his previous performances weren't impressive. If the basis of him being booted off from the UFC are his recent fights, the Iceman would be sharing the same fate as well. They both had 3 defeats out of 4 fights. A lot of fighters have been given a chance after a string of losses and they were able to get back on track. A new training camp would be best for Vera to reignite his intensity and come out a better and exciting fighter. Just like how he used to be.

well said chief, i'd say that Chuck may have the shorter end of the stick that Brandon, why so? i just think that getting KOed is really significant, Brandon lost a really close decision which could have gone either way and he lost from a controversial stoppage from the previous fight. yup i guess he should check out other camps that owuld really do him good

well maybe not now, but if he things don't change, it's bye bye Vera.

The UFC's just holding on to him because of the planned expansion to the Philippines, Dana White knows that Brandon is the only legitimate big Filipino name he can ride on if he plans to expand here, booting him out before the expansion would not work too well. Interesting to note, is that now with Philippe Nover in TUF and he performs well (which I expect him to do), Brandon now has some legit competition as the UFC's Filipino posterboy. If Nover does good with his UFC career, Dana now has a reason to kick Brandon out.

If the basis of him being booted off from the UFC are his recent fights, the Iceman would be sharing the same fate as well. They both had 3 defeats out of 4 fights.

Chuck is a very different case from Vera. The Iceman was, for the longest time, the UFC posterboy, aside from Couture, Liddell is the only other MMA fighter that most of the mainstream public recognize. Plus, he has been champ a couple of times, and has fought far better competition than Vera too, so it's really not the same thing

Edited by Larry

Elite XC Folds

Yahoo! Sports (click link for the entire story)

Elite XC, which produced seven of the 10 most-watched MMA matches in U.S. history on two CBS specials in recent months, will be closing its doors at the end of the week, leaving a roster of fighters, including top-draws Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano, looking for work in a constricted environment.

Elite XC joins the International Fight League and Bodog Fight as high-profile competitors to the industry leader, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, to fold during the past year.

“Brandon Vera, it’s like he lost something. That year off, I don’t know what it was. He doesn’t have that killer instinct, he doesn’t go after it. This kid used to be so cocky, and you know he wanted to fight everybody…. He was good, he was walking through heavyweights. Took that year off, all the contract stuff, hasn’t been the same guy since. I don’t know what’s wrong with him.”

- Dana White @ the post UFC 89 presscon

whats this? ultimatum for vera? it sounded like dana's calling him to perform better or else... well, he better do his best if he wanted to stay in the UFC.

Edited by o0onapstero0o

holy crap Phillipe Nover answered my email hehehe

-----Original Message-----

From: pnoverrn@gmail.com [mailto:pnoverrn@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Phillipe Nover Website

Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:30 AM

To: Jose Paolo Alcano

Subject: Re: MMA

Thanks a lot brother! =)

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Jose Paolo Alcano <josepa@coastal.com> wrote:

> Yo Phillipe,

>

>

>

> You may not know me, but I'm a Filipino as well and its great that you're

> representing the Philippines when you fight.

>

>

>

> Hope you make it to the big time in your weight class in the UFC.

>

>

>

>

>

> Regards,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Tuff loss to Brandon! Was never the same fighter when he came back after that year long lay-off. And dropping to 185?! Hell No!!! :thumbsdownsmiley: Maybe needs to change trainers or camp!

EliteXC went Bankrupt! No surprise there, it was just a matter of time?!

What will happen to the smaller Orgs. they bought?! King of the Cage, Icon, Cage Rage etc...

Where would Gina Carano vs. Cyborg Santos Fight?!

And what will happen to the much Hyped Kimbo Slice!?

extreme couture would be great too

if there's somebody who can whip him back up to shape, it's Randy Couture.

I choose Xtreme Couture too. He should train with wanderlei silva and fight like him. Tipong pag nasa octagon eh walang nasa isip kundi durugin ang kalaban