Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Ey! Chonan is no tomato can!? He didnt beat A. Silva for nothing right?! He fights in welterweight in the UFC, his new to the US/UFC casual fans! But your right about UFC can not afford A. Silva to lose again to Chonan!? Rem. what happend to Rampage vs. Lidell 2!?

I think Robie Lawler would be a good fight for A. Silva in MW!? Elite XC went bankrupt already! Hope UFC picks up the Ruthless one again!? :thumbsupsmiley:

Fighters I think can pose a problem for A. Silva at MW in the UFC:

Demian Maia

Thales Leites

Rousimar Palhares

Michael Bisping

Dan Henderson (rematch)

Maia and Leites has a chance if they have better striking than what they currently have, i mean they're BJJ blackbelts who choke out other BJJ blackbelts but in the striking phase of combat they're as good as dead when they face Spider Silva.

Palhares... yeah if he was a bit more taller he'd be a good match with his unorthodox striking (throwing head kicks out of nowhere style)

Bisping... i don't think so...

Hendo, definitely! if he stays with his game plan of using his wrestling to negate Silva's strikes. it's just that Hendo has this sickness of banging with a striker, which is what he tried to do in their first fight and he eventually lost even though he won the 1st round in my opinion, because he got cocky in the 2nd round.

Ey! Chonan is no tomato can!? He didnt beat A. Silva for nothing right?! He fights in welterweight in the UFC, his new to the US/UFC casual fans! But your right about UFC can not afford A. Silva to lose again to Chonan!? Rem. what happend to Rampage vs. Lidell 2!?

I think Robie Lawler would be a good fight for A. Silva in MW!? Elite XC went bankrupt already! Hope UFC picks up the Ruthless one again!? :thumbsupsmiley:

Fighters I think can pose a problem for A. Silva at MW in the UFC:

Demian Maia

Thales Leites

Rousimar Palhares

Michael Bisping

Dan Henderson (rematch)

A Robbie Lawler Silva match would be awesome. It'd be a short fight for sure with someone getting KO'd in the first round but I'd pay to see it. hehe.

Anyway again, stylistically Hendo in my opinion is the one best suited for a fight against Anderson Silva. If the 3 BJJ Blackbelts could develop better chins and faster shots though Silva might have a problem with any of them.

UFC 92 Official Fight Card

Main event:

205 lbs.: UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin (16-4) vs. Rashad Evans (12-0-1)

Main card (Televised):

265 lbs.: UFC Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (31-4-1) vs. Frank Mir (11-3)

185 lbs.: C.B. Dollaway (7-7) vs. Mike Massenzio (11-2)

205 lbs.: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (28-7) vs. Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1)

265 lbs.: Cheick Kongo (12-4-1) vs. Mustafa Al-Turk (6-3)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

185 lbs.: Yushin Okami (21-4-1) vs. Dean Lister (11-5)

265 lbs.: Antoni Hardonk (7-4) vs. Mark Burch (9-2)

205 lbs.: Matt Hamill (4-2) Vs. Reese Andy (7-2)

170 lbs.: Ryo Chonan (15-8) vs. Brad Blackburn (12-9-1)

265 lbs.: Dan Evensen (10-3) vs. Pat Barry (3-0)

Guys just a quick tought! With Elite XC's demise! Who should the UFC pick from the fighters there?!

I say:

Jake Shields in WW

Robbie Lawler in MW

KJ Noons in LW

Rafael Feijao in LHW

By the way I read somewhere that Kimbo vs. Seth Petruzeli 2 might take place in K1 Dynamites New Years Eve show?! Fans in Japan would appreciate Kimbo there!? right!? He can sharpen up his game there before going to the UFC?! :thumbsupsmiley:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again... Machida should cut to 185 lbs., switch camps (because some guys here pointed out that both he and Anderson are in the same camp and would not fight each other), and go after Anderson Silva.

Magsayawan sila for 25 minutes. Feints and fakes galore. Machida likes to go in-and-out, Silva likes his opponents to chase after him. The first one to blink or becomes frustrated and overextends, loses...

Guys just a quick tought! With Elite XC's demise! Who should the UFC pick from the fighters there?!

I say:

Jake Shields in WW

Robbie Lawler in MW

KJ Noons in LW

Rafael Feijao in LHW

By the way I read somewhere that Kimbo vs. Seth Petruzeli 2 might take place in K1 Dynamites New Years Eve show?! Fans in Japan would appreciate Kimbo there!? right!? He can sharpen up his game there before going to the UFC?! :thumbsupsmiley:

The Japs are gonna love Kimbo if ever K1 does take him under their wing. The japs like 'characters' like Kimbo who they can hype up and in particular in a match against somebody who's already knocked him out like Seth would make a great storyline. The japs putting in their dose of drama on fights (sometimes to much drama if you ask me).

Anyway Lawler I think would certainly want to go back to the big show, the UFC after the recent demise of EliteXC. He'll add another contender to what's already widely considered as the most 'talent-rich' division in the UFC.

gsp real test would be his match against penn & hopefully he wins alves will be next..

the spider should move up to LHW; take on rampage, iceman, forrest & rashad hehehe para ma-challenge naman siya :)

Pardon but i guess iceman should skip silva... he's bit old now for silva, but a rashad vs. silva would be very intersting taste like kobe beef!

malapit na yung UFC 91, sino mga picks ninyo?

Couture

Florian

Gonzaga

Maia

Well, I'll take picks from the undercard fights naman.

I pick Lister to win (hopefully via sub in the first few minutes of the first round)

Chonan via decision,

Matt Hamill via GNP and last but not least...

Antoni Hardounk via TKO due to vicious leg kicks.

This guy can really kick! He's in my top three 'leg kickers' in the UFC the other two being 'the Pitbull' Thiago Alves and the 'Dean of Mean' Keith Jardine.

Edited by geneticfreak

just want to share some pics i found off another website, it's not MMA, but it's cool and funny

pics are from Rickson's Super Challenge Grappling This was a tournament (much like ADCC), which only invited elite no-gi grapplers, such as Xande Ribeiro, Andre Galvao, Rafael Lovato Jr, Demian Maia, David Avelan, Big Mac, Cristiano Titi, Tarsis Humphreys, Eduardo Telles, Antoine Jaoude, Gabriel Vella, and several others. They flew down to this tournament in Brazil and were absent the following week for the token CBJJ "no-gi" championship.

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_121/Super_ChallengeGrappling_01.jpg

Damian Maia X Bruno Bastos

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_121/Super_ChallengeGrappling_02.jpg

Xande X David Avellan

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_121/Super_ChallengeGrappling_04.jpg

Christiano Titi X Hyotaro Endo

http://www.graciemag.com/data/images/news/categories/cat_121/Super_ChallengeGrappling_14b.jpg

Xande X Andre Galvao

more pics here Super Challenge Grappling