Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Hmmm. You can ask at Red Corner Gym if they have MMA classes.

The new KMA Makati gym will have MMA classes to be taught by Erwin Tagle and the rest of Submission Sport Philippines.

you may view the details here: http://www.bjjphilippines.com/core there's currently an article there which discusses the new venue.

aug 8 daw start\opening or what ever... I'll check this one and maybe train once a week here, lapit lang sa office.

aug 8 daw start\opening or what ever... I'll check this one and maybe train once a week here, lapit lang sa office.

kung malapit lang sa office mo i suggest you train there.. Tagle is one of the best grappler and fighter sa local scene.. im sure matututo ka doon keysa you go to "jack of all trades" na gym that seem to be popping up recently.. heheheh

You guys can check it out sa MMAjunkie.com, its posted in their website, total fighters purse paid for the affliction event cost like $3m, Arlovski got $750k. They're ex UFC champs what do you expect?! Nobody really knows Fedor in the US, so they had to bring ex UFC Champs for the card to draw crowds and payper view buys!? But ofcourse $800k for Sylvia and $750k for Arlovski are too much!? No wonder they left the UFC!!! Good for them! Like I've said Affliction was co-promoted by M1 so the $300k for Fedor is not bad?! He gets a cut of the pay per view I'm sure! Oh yeah Fedor did said he'll fight for free rather than fight in the UFC! Hehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

malaki yung cut ni fedor sa mga ppv sales saka co-promoter ng affliction yung M1-Global kaya hindi lang siguro 300k yung natanggap ni Fedor. Meron din syang signing bonus kaya more or less 1.5m daw yung total na nakuha nya. 41,666.67 dollars per second spent inside the ring. Haha not bad..

kung malapit lang sa office mo i suggest you train there.. Tagle is one of the best grappler and fighter sa local scene.. im sure matututo ka doon keysa you go to "jack of all trades" na gym that seem to be popping up recently.. heheheh

Hmmm... isyu na naman ba to? hehehe. I wonder what group this is. Clues naman dyan. hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Hmmm... isyu na naman ba to? hehehe. I wonder what group this is. Clues naman dyan. hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

Clues??!! ayaw ko nga.. hehehehe.. baka mabugbug pa ako.. pero im sure alam mo yan.. hehehe.. they have this one fighter who shifted from team to team to team na kasi no body wants him kasi mayabang sobra.. this gym took him in to take advantage of his natural abilities as a fighter.. hahahaa.. parang yung binili ng Fairtex si Yodsanklai from Twins.. hehehe.. and as they say.. the rest is history

and oh.. pede mo rin "collar choke" tong fighter na ito kahit hindi naka gi .. bwhahahah.. :upside: :upside: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski Affliction fight slated for October 11

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2238/fedorarlovskixd3.jpg

Fresh off what many feel to be a major success with its first-ever show on July 19 dubbed, “Banned,” Affliction MMA will go for an encore in the backyard of the promotion that “banned” it in the first place.

Indeed, Affliction has its sights set on Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 11 for its next show, according to Yahoo!Sports.com. And anyone who’s anyone knows that “Sin City” is UFC turf — the organization that forbid its fighters to don the clothing company’s apparel at its events.

But who really cares about that because the same report confirms that former UFC champion Andrei Arlovski will challenge the last man to hold the Pride FC heavyweight strap, Fedor Emelianenko, likely for the Russian’s newly-won heavyweight WAMMA title in the main event of the evening.

It’s a dream match that ost fans have fantasized about for years.

And perhaps the only thing that can top that news is what ace the UFC pulls from its sleeve to once again counter this latest bold move. Perhaps it once again includes UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva.

This is getting good. Real good.

Keith Jardine next fight against Brandon Vera at UFC 89

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3563/keithjardinekv6.jpg

Kicking machines Brandon Vera (9-2) and Keith Jardine (13-4-1) will likely collide in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben” at The National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham, England, on October 25, according to CagePotato.com.

It’s a 205-pound match up that pits two of the hardest-hitting strikers in the division up against one another.

Vera was victorious in his light heavyweight debut just this past weekend, defeating Reese Andy via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 14: “Silva vs. Irvin. “The Truth” picked up a cool $200,000 for the win and snapped a two-fight losing skid that included defeats at the hands of Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum, respectively.

Jardine, on the other hand, is out to rebound from a crushing knockout loss to Wanderlei Silva at UFC 84: “Ill Will” back in May. With a win he would have solidified his place a top the short list of division contenders because the “Dean of Mean” also has recent wins over Chuck Liddell and Forrest.

However, he’ll have to work his way back up the ladder — consistency is critical in such a stacked division. And Jardine has lost three of his last six fights.

This is a big fight for Vera and Jardine for different reasons. And we’ll get to see it all play out for free on Spike TV in just a few months.

Main event:

185 lbs.: Michael Bisping (16-1) vs. Chris Leben (18-4)

Under card:

205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida (13-0) vs. Thiago Silva (13-0)

205 lbs.: Brandon Vera (9-2) vs. Keith Jardine (13-4-1)

170 lbs.: Marcus Davis (14-4) vs. Paul Kelly (7-0)

170 lbs.: Akihiro Gono (28-12-7) vs. Dan Hardy (19-6)

205 lbs.: Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (5-2) vs. Luis Cane (8-1)

265 lbs.: Shane Carwin (9-0) vs. Neil Wain (4-0)

170 lbs.: Chris Lytle (25-16-5) vs. Paul Taylor (9-3-1)

155 lbs.: Sam Stout (13-4-1) vs. Terry Etim (10-2)

155 lbs.: Jess Liaudin (12-10) vs. David Bielkheden (12-6)

155 lbs.: Samy Schiavo (10-5) vs. Per Eklund (12-3-1)

Clues??!! ayaw ko nga.. hehehehe.. baka mabugbug pa ako.. pero im sure alam mo yan.. hehehe.. they have this one fighter who shifted from team to team to team na kasi no body wants him kasi mayabang sobra.. this gym took him in to take advantage of his natural abilities as a fighter.. hahahaa.. parang yung binili ng Fairtex si Yodsanklai from Twins.. hehehe.. and as they say.. the rest is history

and oh.. pede mo rin "collar choke" tong fighter na ito kahit hindi naka gi .. bwhahahah.. :upside: :upside: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Team to Team to Team ha. hehe. naobvious tuloy.

I think Arlovski's chin would be a bit suspect to Fedor's KO power as evidenced in his second fight with Big Timmy. Also If Fedor decides to take him down I'm not sure he can stop him. Cro Cop's Sprawl is way faster than the Pitbull's in my opinion and yet Fedor took him down at will.

In an MMA fight you never know which Andrei Arlovski would show up. The strong agressive KO and Submission Artist who put down, Buentello and Tim Sylvia or the timid,unsure fighter who winds up with a boring decision win/loss (like in that 5 rounder with Timmy and his fight with Fabricio Werdum). It's always a Jekyll and Hyde situation when it comes to Andrei Arlovski. Let's just hope that in his fight with Fedor it isn't the latter who shows up.

Edited by geneticfreak
Adre Vs Fedor nice! that i'd like to see go the distance with a lot of banging and sub attempts from both fighters. ^_^

the Fedor, Tim fight was a classic, classic Fedor highlight moment ^_^

Yes another one for the Emperor's highlight reel indeed. He did exactly what he had to do. Against someone who is long (and uses that to his advantage with the classic jab-straight combo) you try and close the distance quickly. He not only closed the distance he fired shots straight down the pipe which wobbled the former UFC champ.

seeing the TimXFedor again and watching highlights of FedorXHong Man Choi, Choi actually did better than Fedor.

I don't what that means for Tim though.

Yah Hong actually had Fedor in more trouble than Tim did. Yung laban dati ni Fujita saka ni Fedor yun ang nakakahinayang. Fujita had him wobbled. That was the closest has ever come to defeating Fedor.

As for Big Tim. Well how about a match between him and Hong Man Choi just to find out. hehe. I don't know if Choi can cut dow to the 265 weight limit though it might be too hard for him.

Yung laban dati ni Fujita saka ni Fedor yun ang nakakahinayang. Fujita had him wobbled. That was the closest has ever come to defeating Fedor.

yeah I remember that

Rampage was sitting in with Bas, and they were doing the commentary, Rampage kept going on and on how Fedor was doing the "chicken dance".

I remember Randleman slamming Fedor on his head too

Maybe Fedor really isn't human

I mean look at this:

http://www.mannpill.com/images/stories/content/images/shaolinmonk/mma/FedorIceCream.jpg

the most dangerous man in the world can't possibly look as goofy as that.

yeah I remember that

Rampage was sitting in with Bas, and they were doing the commentary, Rampage kept going on and on how Fedor was doing the "chicken dance".

I remember Randleman slamming Fedor on his head too

Maybe Fedor really isn't human

Yah who could forget that jumping german suplex at the pride heavyweight Grand Prix. I honestly thought Fedor had been knocked out by the move as he clearly landed on his head. Amazing that he rolled out of it into side control and got the winning keylock. He really seems to be superhuman.

I mean look at this:

the most dangerous man in the world can't possibly look as goofy as that.

That's part of Fedor's mystique also. That he really doesn't look that dangerous. He doesn't seem that imposing. He doesn't have the 6pack or the well defined muscles you'd see with most fighters but he has perhaps the highest level of skill among all MMA fighters today. He looks goofy out of the ring but has that stonecold stare during the fight.

yep chief he seems emotionless once he is in the ring to fight. i also though he was out after the Randleplex, he landed on his head and his neck gave a bit but hot damn he shrugged it off. i'd say he's got a better chin than Big Nog. he takes the punishment and gives it back or maybe even gives it back 2 fold. he really deserves the titles international master of sports for both sambo & judo, and if there ever will be one for MMA itself he'd be the one who's got first dibs on it

Edited by riceb0i

Is it really official?! Arlovski vs. Fedor on Oct. and they gonna do it in UFC's hometurf in Las Vegas?! That's interesting?! I was hoping it would be Barnett vs. Fedor but either of the two whom Fedor will fight is a good match! And yes! People criticized Fedor fighting Hong Man Choi?! Try matching up HMC with other heavyweights lets see what happens?! Couture vs. Fedor definitely in 2009! Still believing... it must happen!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

yeah after the Tim fight, i must admit that Choi did better than Tim against Fedor. or was it that Fedor knew already what to do as he had experience in fighting Choi previous Tim.

what i'd like to see next is a Aleksander Vs Tim fight, hehehe lets he he tries to jab a UD against that banger. ^_^