Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

titos departure will surely be big but UFC has an up and coming fighters like now like bisping, evans and machida! but i dont think these guys can bring/make an impact like tito used to bring whenever he fights!

Josh Barnett Vs Semmy Schilt was the fight that hook me up with UFC. I was like "These guys are monsters!" upon seeing barnett's face covered with blood.

on the other side of mma, have anyone of u guys catch that k1 gp match last night at solar? man, that was good! that thai who happens to be the first asian k1 champ was the bomb! plus the fight of semmy schultz and another 7'2" guy was also phenomenal! imagine two 7 footers on one ring? and that was not for entertainment only if u know what i mean!

after UFC , i think his best move is to join IFL! hahaha team punishment vs lions den! another shamrock ortiz! :thumbsupsmiley:

^ i'm a huge Ken Shamrock fan & i hated Tito Ortiz to death before, but i'm kinda sick of this now... when Tito leaves (& that would suck cuz there's no Tito-Rashad rematch) he should go to EliteXC & fight Frank Shamrock again, just for old time's sake...

oh, & i'm actually excited to see Brock Lesnar in the UFC... a lot of people are already writing him off just because he did his time with WWE, but they always ignore the fact that he's an All American, NCAA D1 National champ, & if he didn't go to WWE right after his collegiate career then he would've been in the Olympics, & then he would've been the next Olympic caliber wrestler to join MMA (after Couture, Henderson, Lindland, Shane Carwin, etc.)... he trained with a great camp, with Greg Nelson's camp in Minnesota, where Sean Sherk & the rest of the Minnesota collegiate wrestling team trains, so he's pretty much done his homework... & i think Brock's smart enough not to be caught sleeping with someone like Frank Mir... although Mir isn't the same Frank Mir who broke Tim Sylvia's arm, he's still dangerous with his BJJ...

^ i'm a huge Ken Shamrock fan & i hated Tito Ortiz to death before, but i'm kinda sick of this now... when Tito leaves (& that would suck cuz there's no Tito-Rashad rematch) he should go to EliteXC & fight Frank Shamrock again, just for old time's sake...

oh, & i'm actually excited to see Brock Lesnar in the UFC... a lot of people are already writing him off just because he did his time with WWE, but they always ignore the fact that he's an All American, NCAA D1 National champ, & if he didn't go to WWE right after his collegiate career then he would've been in the Olympics, & then he would've been the next Olympic caliber wrestler to join MMA (after Couture, Henderson, Lindland, Shane Carwin, etc.)... he trained with a great camp, with Greg Nelson's camp in Minnesota, where Sean Sherk & the rest of the Minnesota collegiate wrestling team trains, so he's pretty much done his homework... & i think Brock's smart enough not to be caught sleeping with someone like Frank Mir... although Mir isn't the same Frank Mir who broke Tim Sylvia's arm, he's still dangerous with his BJJ...

lemme just add some lesnar's credentials... he had a small stint as a member of the minnesotta vikings in the nfl and before he decided to sign w/ UFC he fights in k-1 and won via ref stoppage due to strikes... so we know what lesnar can do and we all know the capabilities of mir! lets just wait and see who'll win this sunday! :thumbsupsmiley: but my bet is w/ lesnar on this!

How about the Main Event?!

Big Nog vs Sylvia.. I know Nog is heavily favored, but with the way Pride guys are being owned in the cage, I think Sylvia's chances of winning is increased..

yes! the only pride fighter that was successful in his UFC stint is quentin "rampage" jackson! everybody's seems on a losing streak w/ ufc fighters!

yes! the only pride fighter that was successful in his UFC stint is quentin "rampage" jackson! everybody's seems on a losing streak w/ ufc fighters!

anderson silva's doing really well.

won via ref stoppage due to strikes... so we know what lesnar can do and we all know the capabilities of mir! lets just wait and see who'll win this sunday!

lesnar has had only one MMA fight, against a fighter (Min Soo-Kim) who really had no business being in an MMA ring.

I'm not doubting Lesnar's skill, but let's see. Frank Mir is no slouch in the cage, and Brock's gonna be in a fight.

Brock Lesnar's UFC All Access video is up on youtube I think, people have been saying he looks good, but they don't think he's training with any big name fighters.

I'd go apesh1t if brock somehow pulls out an F5 during the fight.

lesnar has had only one MMA fight, against a fighter (Min Soo-Kim) who really had no business being in an MMA ring.

I'm not doubting Lesnar's skill, but let's see. Frank Mir is no slouch in the cage, and Brock's gonna be in a fight.

Brock Lesnar's UFC All Access video is up on youtube I think, people have been saying he looks good, but they don't think he's training with any big name fighters.

I'd go apesh1t if brock somehow pulls out an F5 during the fight.

Care to share the link? I was trying to find it but no success.

so gabriel gonzaga isn't a UFC fighter yet, he's barely a year in and he hasn't been in TUF

maybe but the way he's been fighting inside the octagon can/will surely make him as one! besides its all about fighting in the octagon! i observed that most pride fighters were not that aggressive inside the cage than w/ roped rings!