Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

They showed it on Balls (channel 33 on Sky)

Solar lost the rights to UFC

Results of UFC 79:

Chuck Lidell defeated Wanderlei Silva via unanimous decision (great fight. Chuck could have finished Silva via knockout, but he was just as spent. very good fight)

George St. Pierre defeated Matt Hughes in the 2nd round via armbar to become the intermin UFC Welterweight Champion

Lyoto Machida defeated Sokoudjou via arm triangle in the 3rd round

Rich Clementi defeated Melvin Guillard via rear-naked choke in the 1st round

Eddie Sanchez defeated Soa Palelei in the 2nd round via TKO

Manny Gamburyan defeated Nate Mohr with an ankle lock in the 1st round

just saw the fight. wow! hands down to GSP. i'm in awe with this guy. brilliant would be an understatement. totally dominated matt hughes in the fight. arguably the best pound for pound mma fighter there is.

can't wait to see the GSP-serra II. i think serra's win in the first fight was a fluke. GSP was dominating him early in the standup. just got too confident and took serra's punching power lightly until he got nailed with one. after seeing this 3rd fight with hughes, i'm quite sure serra would be KO'd or submitted in the 1st round.

i'm also very impressed with lyoto machida. not the most exciting fighter but definitely the smartest i've seen. unlike most fighters, he doesn't get off balanced after throwing a kick. totally dominated the african assasin. i'd like to see him fight one of the top light heavyweights to see how he'd fare against the big guns.

Edited by cryptkpr

ok, before everybody gets pissed with Solar.. Balls had the rights to the live telecast, & Solar aired UFC 79 delayed (they aired it @ 10pm), as well as Studio 23.. thank god i was channel surfing, if not i wouldn't have seen the promo for the Balls telecast on Myx..

great card top to bottom, although i was a bit sad that Wanderlei lost.. he's one of my favorites, but Chuck had the advantage..

napanood ko sa solar then sa studio 23 ang laban kagabi.

galing ni ice man inspite 2x sya bumagsak. over powered nya si WS! but have to give credit to silva tibay din ng panga. full of action toe to toe then mya grounds din. kulang lang ay KO.

the rubber match between GSp and MH was superb. galing ni GSP with a triple submission tactics. from triangle arm shift sya sa kimura then finish with arm bar. verbal tapped out nalang si MH. MH should retire na. too old for GSP!

the winner

http://i18.tinypic.com/81elisk.jpg

badly beaten Silva

http://i14.tinypic.com/6yam29t.jpg

Some vid cap. The ice man put silva against the steel cage.

http://i15.tinypic.com/8646cu1.jpg

both silva and hughes got a dose of their own medicine. weather weather lang talaga ang buhay.

Hopefully, the question would be who's next rather than what's next for Silva.

Maybe a Silva-Ortiz match?

They already faced each other before in the Octagon. That was years ago. Makes me wonder why they keep referring to his match as his debut match in the Octagon

Silva got creamed by Ortiz

They already faced each other before in the Octagon. That was years ago. Makes me wonder why they keep referring to his match as his debut match in the Octagon

Silva got creamed by Ortiz

got creamed? in my opinion it was lay n pray. What a freaking coward Tito was in that fight Tito got hit bad by Wandy and even ran for cover after that he just layed n prayed till the bout was over. he had the size advantage but I gotta agree a win is still a win but I cant help air my side when fighters win like that.