Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I agree that Machida will win but I'm not sure if it's by TKO or decision. Machida is too elusive and I don't think Weidman can outstrike him. Weidman could beat Belfort but not Machida. Machida had been a light heavyweight champ and if he can knock out guys bigger than him at light heavyweight, what more at middleweight. I was of the belief before that should Machida go down to middleweight to fight Silva, he'd win against Silva. He gave Jon Jones a problem and, I think, had a real good shot at dethroning Jones if it came down to a striking match. Machida would be a stud at middleweight.

Machida winning this fight will avenge the loss of his good friend Anderson...

That knee to the jaw by Alex Gustaffson was perfect. The Mauler is a legitimate threat to end Jones' reign. He beat Jones the last time, in my opinion.

Gus is as legit as they come, and yeah he beat Jones that night, so badly that Jones doesn't want any part of him lol. Jon Jones wants DC and Gus to fight it out for the chance to fight him. To me this is Jones ducking Gus. He knows that Gus has a really big chance of stopping him this time, and wants no part of it. He can take out DC, but DC can take out Gus IMO, so GustaffsonXDC would end up with a Jones X DC title fight which he can easily defend.

and Gus has a message for Jon Jones

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/29926711/diaz-shirt.0_standard_352.0.jpg

anyway I think Jones will have his hands full with Glover, and we might see an upset.

that was a great title fight.

Hendricks knows that Lawler has his number, which explains the last minute takedown, Lawler was simply too spent to defend it.

Hendricks was throwing punches and Lawler just smiled his way through it, as if they were nothing. Lawler also displayed great head movement and has balls big enough to go toe to toe with Hendricks, Hendricks didn't want any of that, and Hendricks now looks like a schmuck now after his comments regarding fighter damage deciding the outcome of a fight, Lawler looked fresh right after the match, with hardly a scratch on him.

anway Lombard displayed amazing Judo and Jake Shields is as boring as ever.

Diego is a wild man though lol, I love that crazy f**ker.

ONEFC just announced that 3 time Boxing world champ Ana Julaton is making her MMA debut on May 2 in manila.

Very curious to see how she adapts to the MMA game, I just hope she won't get taken down at will by whoever her opponent is.

Big moves by OneFC, signing Askren, getting a former world champ in Julaton, I hope it all works out for them, as the UFC needs more legit competition.

• 3 weeks later...

Werdum has derailed the Travis Browne hype train. I knew that Browne didn't have the skills yet to become a contender and just had some lucky wins over Overeem and Warmaster. Overeem just ran out of gas after beating the s@%t out of Browne, and with Barnett, he just got a lucky no-call on some seriously illegal elbows.

Browne's striking is not world class, doesn't know how to jab, and throw up combinations, he's hard to take down but other than that I don't know what else he brings to the table.

That said Werdum has certainly improved his striking. Training with Crocop helped him out a lot, and now former chute boxe kickboxing coach Rafael Cordeiro has certainly brought his striking to another level.

I'm rooting for Werdum against Cain, but the main thing here is that Cain has cardio for days. He has the biggest gas tank of any HW I've seen, his workrate is phenomenal and he can outpace Werdum on the feet. Cain also has excellent wrestling which he can use to stop Werdum from getting him on the ground.

But being a BJJ fan, I'm with Werdum on this one, hopefully he does get Cain on the ground and use his superior jiu-jitsu to great advantage, Cain is rusty and might not have the right skills to beat Werdum on the ground.

--------

I'm with Glover for UFC 172. glover is tough, has anvils for hands and has a great ground game. We've already seen that Jon Jones can get hurt, you just need to keep doing it to pull out the W, this is Glover's time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...