Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

it will be a good fight

but a bad matchup for Munoz. Machida is notoriously hard to take down, and is very elusive.

surprised Lyoto and Mark agreed to this since they train together a lot of the time. Munoz trains a lot of the blackhouse guys with their wrestling, and they both train at Gracie Torrance with Rener and Ryron.

good luck mark!

Munoz hopefully will have some tricks he did not teach at the blackhouse. He will probably ground and pound his way to a win if and that is a big IF he can catch and keep Lyoto on the ground.

dos santos or velasquez????? whos gonna win . lots of respect for both of em

Stylistically, it's got to be velasquez. He's a more well-rounded fighter than JDS, in my own opinion. But that's for now. JDS got one over him pero medyo careless si cain. When Cain was wary of JDS' power, he fought smartly and got the W. So it's all about adjustments and playing your cards well. I like them both but i think Cain would be a better champion, overall :))

Diego vs Gil was a great fight but that wasn't fight of the year for me.

Fight of the year still goes to Wand vs. Stann, that was a f*cking war. both guys giving up technique and going beast mode all the way. even had some shades of Frye X Takayama.

anyhow...

Munoz is fighting next and I'm excited about that. Mark has said that Machida hasn't seen everything he has yet, even if they were at Blackhouse together, so who knows. I still maintain that stylistically Machida is a bad matchup for Munoz, Machida does very well with brawling wrestlers, which is essentially what Mark is, but who knows, this is MMA so anything can happen.

Also,

The next season of TUF has Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva as coaches (their fight is something that I'm looking forward too, especially with the WWE style hype that Wand has been coming out lately against Chael).

Their TUF is Brazil vs. USA, with 16 Brazilians for Wand's team, vs 16 Americans vs. Chael's team. Should be a blast to watch.

not MMA news but MMA related (well in a way lol)

DEAN LISTER vs ROUSIMAR PALHARES in the world jiu jitsu expo!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/22/4867408/rousimar-palhares-vs-dean-lister-set-for-world-jiu-jitsu-expo-in

Several promotions turned down the possibility of signing Rousimar Palhares after his controversial win over Mike Pierce at UFC Fight Night 29 in Barueri, Brazil. However, the World Jiu-Jitsu Expo is not one of them.

World Jiu-Jitsu Expo promoter Renzo Gracie told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday that they have signed the submission wizard to be part of their next edition on Nov. 9-10 in Long Beach, Calif., and he's set to meet UFC veteran and three-time ADCC champion Dean Lister in a 20-minute submission-only no-gi match with no points.

Graciemag first reported the news.

"I already wanted to get 'Toquinho' in the event, but wanted even more after everybody started criticizing him and I wouldn't let that happen," Gracie told MMAFighting.com. "He's a great guy, an incredible grappler, and I respect him a lot. He represents jiu-jitsu all the time."

Lister was offered the fight after he returned from Beijing, China, where he won the silver medal at ADCC 2013, losing to Joao Assis in the final.

Lister has won three ADCC titles over his career, in 2003, 2005 and 2011, with wins over the likes of Jean Jacques Machado, Nate Marquardt, Saulo Ribeiro, Rodolfo Vieira and Joao Assis.

"Dean has done some epic fights at ADCC and took this fight on short notice, but he was already in shape after his fights this weekend," he said. "He's a great talent and accepted the challenge as soon as we offered it. They are both great leg lock guys and this fight will be amazing."

Kron Gracie, who was expected to fight Rodolfo Vieira, is out of the event after his opponent suffered an injury. Marcus "Buchecha" Almeida, who won his weight division at ADCC 2013, will also no longer compete at the Jiu-Jitsu Expo.

-----

I for one am stoked about this, as this will be a guaranteed war on the mats.

Both guys go for the k*ll, both Lister and Palhares look for legs to take home in every match, so I guess someone will be going home with a broken limb.

DEAN LISTER vs ROUSIMAR PALHARES in the world jiu jitsu

-----

I for one am stoked about this, as this will be a guaranteed war on the mats.

Both guys go for the k*ll, both Lister and Palhares look for legs to take home in every match, so I guess someone will be going home with a broken limb.

I'm guessing they will compete at 99kg. Not sure if Expo has an absolute division like ADCC but hoping they have. Palhares against Galvao, Marcelo Garcia, and my fave JJ practitioners Estima and Eddie Bravo, would be classic.

I'm guessing they will compete at 99kg. Not sure if Expo has an absolute division like ADCC but hoping they have. Palhares against Galvao, Marcelo Garcia, and my fave JJ practitioners Estima and Eddie Bravo, would be classic.

The expo has a different format from ADCC and it's not strictly a tournament as seen in the Mundials or at ADCC

They have superfights, and a brown belt and black belt tournament, This year's superfights

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9TH

Caio Terra vs Nam Pham (no-gi)

Romulo Barral vs Leandro Lo (no-Gi)

Rafael Lovato vs TBD

Samuel Braga vs João Miyao (gi)

Efrain Escudero VS Phillipe Nover (No-GI)

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10TH

Rousimar Palhares VS Dean Lister (no-gi)

Paulo Miyao vs Jon Fitch (NO-GI)

Lucas Leite vs Keenan Cornelius (no-gi)

Bruno Malfacine VS Jeff Glover

and then there's a Brown Belt Grand Prix - Sixteen of the best brown belts hand picked by Renzo Gracie

and a Black Belt Grand Prix - Sixteen of the best black belts hand picked by Renzo Gracie

-----

Marcelo Garcia has stepped down from competing (sadly) to concentrate on coaching and growing his academy

Palhares and Galvao already happened at the last ADCC (2011) - was an entertaining match, Palhares lost on points. Galvao was complaining to the ref that Palhares was slapping him hard (lol). Galvao got the gold at the -88kg division with Palhares taking home the silver (plus a couple of legs for his collection).

Estima just fought at ADCC against Galvao, with Galvao winning by submission IIRC. Estima's one of my favorites too (second to Marcelo Garcia) his jiu jitsu is just so smooth and fun to watch.

Eddie bravo never competed again after his historic run at ADCC where he defeated Royler Gracie with a submission (triangle from guard), a huge feat since it's Royler Gracie and you just don't beat down a Gracie, and the fact that Royler has never been submitted before in competition. BUT this might all change if Metamoris 3 pushes through and the rematch between him and Royler will be featured as one of the matches at Metamoris. (again, if Metamoris pushes through). Match should be good as the pressure is on both men to prove history wrong or right.

Kron Gracie son of the legendary Rickson Gracie and an absolute grappling beast has now announced that he will make the transition from BJJ to MMA.

via his instagram

http://instagram.com/p/f0gTBBwW0N/

I'm excited about this, the son finally taking up his father's cudgels and competing in MMA. Hopefully he finds a good camp (but by all indications he's been training extensively with the diaz brothers in Stockton, which is a good training camp with Melendez training there too)

I just hope he does well in his eventual UFC debut