Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Close fight between Alvarez and Chandler. Alvarez won by decisiom. In my opinion, Chandler won that fight with his wrestling. Just cannot see Alvarez winning 3 rounds.

Bjorn is smiling again for sure. Alvarez is tied with Bellator for another year with their champion clause. Now just let Ben Askren go and let him fight in the UFC.

Do you think he will do well in MMA? Roger Gracie is doing ok but in my opinion will be a gate keeper at best. Will Kron be different?

Roger DID well, UFC didn't renew his contract after losing to Tim Kennedy in his UFC debut.

Kron, well I can't really say since I haven't seen footage of his standup game. If he trains with the stockton crew (diaz bros) he'll probably have a decent enough game. but it's too early to say for sure.

Fighting for a Generation - 20 Years of the UFC

anyone else seen this documentary? this is really good.

Absolutely. Loved how they tell the story from the start.

I actually did not know some of those stories.. Especially that Royce was chosen on purpose because he was one of the skinniest Gracie during that time.

That he was chosen to prove a point that Gracie Jiu Jitsu was the superior martial arts.

well, give it to the judges, they put their careers on the line every fight they judge. surely hendricks won the fight. cameras don't lie and even the spectators in the arena would agree. but we don't know, maybe the judges saw things that we don't . hendricks unleashed and connected hard strikes but GSP landed more strikes although not as hard as hendricks. a rematch would be exciting. as exciting as silva vs. weidman 2. ^_^

Edited by deathscythe0402

Robbie Lawler is back! I hope he makes it all the way and gets the strap. I'd like to see a lawler x hendricks fight in the future, that's a great matchup there. Rory Mcdonald was exposed to be all hype, resorting to faking an eye poke that wasn't there lol

GSP although I'm a GSP fan should have lost that fight. MMA judging is absolutely terrible, even worse than boxing judging. You basically have guys who judge a fight who don't know anything about MMA. They don't even know what to look for at times. Athletic commissions should really look into finding judges that know the sport, and not get judges from boxing like Cecil Peoples and Tony Weeks. It's disgusting how bad judging can ruin a fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Sir/boss baka may familiar sa inyo sa urcc,, this upcoming URCC event.. May match up between igor subora vs marcus valda, from what ive read champion tong si subora and valda is coming from a 2 year hiatus.. I dont know a thing besides that.. My question is why subora is such a underdog +420 sa books.. Is valda that good? Thanks mga boss!!!

Marcus valda is a two time SEA Games gold medalist in wrestling, he's probably one of the Philippines' best wrestlers. He's also an accomplished grappler, a BJJ brown belt under DEFTAC-RIBEIRO, and has won grappling competitions in the past, I think he won gold in one of the Pan Asians. Also a former URCC heavyweight champion who decided to leave MMA for a while to focus on getting back on the Philippine Wrestling team roster.

Igor Subora is a Sambo fighter fighting out of FIST gym in QC. Basically undefeated since 2010. I haven't seen him fight but I've seen him grapple at a No-Gi comp, wasn't really impressed, but that was a few years back, I haven't seen his grappling yet but for sure he's gotten a lot better at this point.

I think the odds favor Valda's pedigree more than anything. Subora is more experienced in MMA, but Valda has more experience elsewhere, competing at the highest levels available. Valda has superior grappling no doubt, and I think this gives him the advantage in this fight. MMA is about controlling where the fight takes place, if you have strong standup, then keep it standing, if you have great subs, then take him down. And wrestlers who have strong take downs and take down defense will have a huge plus, this is what I predict will happen in this fight. I don't think Subora can fight off takedowns from a high level wrestler, from what I've seen he's more of a standup fighter. And basing it off Valda's BJJ skills, once it gets to the ground then it's just a matter of time.