• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Can't think of any fighter who could really match well with Machinda except for A.Silva.

I'll go for Machida with the fight against Rampage. Rampage has power on both hands but what can his power do if he can't hit his opponent.

Karate is back... so have your kids start waxing on and waxing off. :D

Edited by Kyle_Rayner
Guest megalodon
Can't think of any fighter who could really match well with Machinda except for A.Silva.

I'll go for Machida with the fight against Rampage. Rampage has power on both hands but what can his power do if he can't hit his opponent.

I agree with you. The spider has long legs which could cause problems for Machida but then again Machida is unpredictable; you don't know when he'll strike. I don't see Rampage winning against Machida. I would go as far as saying that The Dragon will knock Rampage out in 3. Rashad vs. Rampage would have been an interesting match since they're both power punchers and wrestlers. Machida is in a class of his own in the lightheavyweight division just like Silva in the middleweight division.

Guest megalodon
Just to add: Anderson Silva has stated that when he and Machida spar, Machida always gets the best of him.

So unofficialy, Machida is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Hehe.

The Spider vs. The Dragon will never ever happen in the UFC, maybe in some Mythical Beast Wars, but not in the UFC or any other MMA outfit for that matter. Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida are like brothers, the Spider had already said after his moonlighting at LHW that the 205 lbs. is for Machida, and they have the same manager in Ed Soares, so it would take a shotgun in the head of Ed Soares to give that fight a go-signal...

Anyway, nasaan na ang mga Machida nuthuggers? Hehehehe! At yung mga nagsasabing boring si Machida? The Dragon hits like a heavyweight but moves like a featherweight, that is why, anyone who come in his way will be killed. Sabi na sa inyo better join the Machida Warwagon this early because he will rule the LHW til the day he die, heheheh!

"My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, Im nothing." -- Lyoto "the Dragon" Machida.

Guest megalodon
The Spider vs. The Dragon will never ever happen in the UFC, maybe in some Mythical Beast Wars, but not in the UFC or any other MMA outfit for that matter. Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida are like brothers, the Spider had already said after his moonlighting at LHW that the 205 lbs. is for Machida, and they have the same manager in Ed Soares, so it would take a shotgun in the head of Ed Soares to give that fight a go-signal...

Anyway, nasaan na ang mga Machida nuthuggers? Hehehehe! At yung mga nagsasabing boring si Machida? The Dragon hits like a heavyweight but moves like a featherweight, that is why, anyone who come in his way will be killed. Sabi na sa inyo better join the Machida Warwagon this early because he will rule the LHW til the day he die, heheheh!

"My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, Im nothing." -- Lyoto "the Dragon" Machida.

Mejo bilib na ko kay machida when he decisioned tito ortiz. after that fight, i knew no one could beat him. i even thought rashad would be lucky to last 5 rounds with the dragon. he proved me right. hehe.

Who Might Beat Lyoto Machida in the UFC?

By Michael David Smith

Now that Lyoto Machida has won the UFC light heavyweight title, there's a growing sense that we're headed into -- in the words of Joe Rogan -- a Machida Era: A time when Machida simply dominates the light heavyweight division and defends the belt several times in a row.

But as great as Machida is, everyone can be beaten. So which fighters would have a chance of beating Machida at 205 pounds? My list is below.

1-2. Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva: I'll lump these two together because I think they're the two fighters who would have the best chance of beating Machida at 205, and because the fights would never happen. Fedor, who dominates the heavyweight division despite weighing a pudgy 230, could certainly make 205 if he wanted to, but he doesn't want to -- and, of course, there's the little matter of him not fighting in the UFC. Silva, who dominates the middleweight division and is about to make his second foray up to light heavyweight, would have a solid shot of beating Machida, but they're good friends and have said they have no interest in fighting each other. So barring something totally unforseeable happening, Machida is never going to face the two opponents who would have the best chance of beating him.

3. Shogun Rua: Of the fighters who might actually challenge Machida in the not-too-distant future, I like Shogun's chances the best. He's a dynamic striker who's quick enough to move in and out against Machida, and although he only has one career win by submission, he can win a fight on the ground if he needs to. I think Shogun-Machida is a fight we might very well see in 2010, and it's a fight every fan would love.

4. Forrest Griffin: Griffin would have a reach advantage over Machida, and his ability to strike from the outside and take fights to the ground might frustrate him. The UFC would certainly love to promote a Griffin vs. Machida fight.

5. Rampage Jackson: Jackson will get the first crack at Machida, probably in December, and he definitely deserves to be considered the No. 1 contender. But as great as Jackson is -- and I don't think there's any doubt that he's one of the greatest light heavyweights in the history of the sport -- I think his style plays right into what Machida wants his opponents to do.

6. Randy Couture: This one sounds a little crazy at first, but even though Couture fights at heavyweight now, he could easily get back down to 205, and he's such a great game planner that he'd come up with a way to use his superior wrestling to frustrate Machida. I don't think he actually would beat Machida, but I'd love to see what Couture would come up with if he tried.

7. Dan Henderson: Henderson, like Couture, is a gifted wrestler and a smart, experienced fighter who'd come in with a good game plan. It's hard to see Henderson being quick enough to hurt the elusive Machida, though.

8. Renato "Babalu" Sobral: Babalu's Brazilian jiu jitsu skills would give Machida a difficult test on the ground, although I don't know how Babalu would get Machida down there.

9. Rashad Evans: I didn't pick Evans to win on Saturday night and I certainly wouldn't pick him to win a rematch, but I do think that if he got a second chance, he'd come in with a much better, more aggressive game plan, and maybe find a way to win the fight on the ground.

10. Jon Jones: Obviously, the 21-year-old Jones has a long way to go before the UFC would even think of giving him a title shot. But when I picture the type of fighter who could give Machida trouble, I picture a superior athlete with a wrestling base who's good at taking his opponent down. That pretty well describes Jones, who showed off some of the best throws I've ever seen in his UFC 94 win over Stephan Bonnar.

For me there's only one fighter that I can think of that can beat Machida realistically!!!

4. Rampage! Lately he's been a counterfighter! As long he lands a clean shot at the Dragon! KO for sure! But has a slim chance of doing it as we all know the Dragon being elusive and has a nasty footwork! Masisiraan nanaman ng bait si Rampage nito!

3. Fedor is a HW and not signed to the UFC. Def. wont happen!

2. Anderson Silva is his teammate in Blackhouse and as the Spider stated already that he has no desire in winning the LHW belt because he believes that it belongs to Machida. 50/50 chance of happening! As Dana White expressed already his desires of having the two fight!

1. Shogun Rua! As long the "old Shogun" shows up, the one who took the Pride MW GP in 2005! He can make Machida run for his money! Good striking plus good jiu-jitsu! FTW :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by maddromeo
hahaha rampage will get his ass handed to him by the dragon... sugar is way better than rampage... rampage won't stand a chance against dragon... page is brawler no brains... he will be the next to koed!!

where are the doubters? hahahaha and we told you so!!!!!! the machida era begins..

spider and dragon have said it they won't fight each other..... there goes our dream match!

black house has the best talent right now

dragon

spider

noguerra brothers

phenom

filho

dos santos

etc.

next up war rich and after that war Mir!!!!

Pardon who is phenom and filho?

another boo-boo by ref lavigne! talo si nover dahil sa bwakang inang ref na yan..

I doubt it mas mahusay si yves kesa kay dan miraglota, I f you remember dan the ref na inangalan ni vera...

Damn! Machida was excellent! He not only won but beat the crap out of loud-mouth Evans. That was a devastating defeat from the hands...and feet of the Dragon. :lol:

I wanna watch that knockdown all over again. :lol:

Same here I wanna watch iover and over again.

From now on I wouldn't underestimate the movie karate kid!!!!! hahahaha waks on, wak op!!!!! I better start doing it!