Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

accomodating sa fans sina mighty mouse,brian stann,jon anik ba yun?,mighty mouse and misha tate. was lucky to shook hands with anik,mighty mouse and overeem. grabe kamay ni overeem parang may built in asero hehehe. very nice experience, i hope bumalik ang ufc sa pinas.sana may championship fight,wish lang naman hehehe.

accomodating sa fans sina mighty mouse,brian stann,jon anik ba yun?,mighty mouse and misha tate. was lucky to shook hands with anik,mighty mouse and overeem. grabe kamay ni overeem parang may built in asero hehehe. very nice experience, i hope bumalik ang ufc sa pinas.sana may championship fight,wish lang naman hehehe.

Yup they're very nice indeed! Even Arianny Celeste and Bruce Buffer game na game magpa-picture sa mga fans.. May selfie kami ni Buffer... Sa Solaire naman may selfie kami ni Phil Davies (who was in Luke Barnatt's corner) and Luke Barnatt himself.

Yup they're very nice indeed! Even Arianny Celeste and Bruce Buffer game na game magpa-picture sa mga fans.. May selfie kami ni Buffer... Sa Solaire naman may selfie kami ni Phil Davies (who was in Luke Barnatt's corner) and Luke Barnatt himself.

sana maulit muli hehehe.

187 lived up to the hype, some really damn good fights there.

Weidman x Belfort

- I expected Weidman to win, but I didn't expect Vitor to do sooooo badly on the ground. Vitor was getting good shots standing up, and actually cut Weidman, it was just surprising to see him give up the mount and not do anything substantial to get out of it. It's weird to see an ADCC Absolute bronze medalist look like a white belt. Props to Weidman though, kept his composure and focused on his strengths, instead of panicking and going defensive. He's going to be champ for a long time.

Cormier x AJ

- Happy to see Cormier get the strap, finally. He'd make a good champion, especially after Jones. Felt bad for AJ though, he could have taken it, he looked very good in the first round, but he was fading fast by the 2nd and gave up in the 3rd. I blame the camp for not focusing on conditioning though, you can't f#&k around with that especially when going up against Daniel Cormier, a guy who will take you down repeatedly and put his weight on you and just bully you through 5 rounds.

Arlovski x Browne

- FOTN for me. That fight was the kind of fight that got me into MMA, just balls out action. Felt good seeing an aggressive Arlovski again, just stalking and looking for the finish. Browne impressed me with his resilience, he was basically out on his feet the last few moments of the fight, he was wobbling like he was drunk, but still fought back and landed a huge shot on Arlovski that put Andre on the mat. But damn that got me pumped!

That fight was nuts, if Browne wasn't too dazed when he knocked Andre down he could have finished it.

Anyway moving into Jackson's did a lot of good for Andre, moving out of Jackson's however proved to be detrimental for Travis Browne.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/CfDqXeb.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/ENmdpHJ.jpg?1

When Cain shot for the take down, Fabricio knew the fight's over! Fabricio was just waiting for Cain to shoot so he can utilize his Jiu Jitsu.

Well deserved title for Fabricio Werdum!

• Like (+1) 1

anyari kay cain parang batang malaki na ginugulpe ng bully.

grabe namang palusot yung altitude. palibhasa si dc kasi training partner niya kaya kala niya ok na siya yun pala sobrang supot!

si werdum very underrated. tinap din niya si fedor.

Edited by narcprick

re-watched the fight

and it still amazes me how much Werdum dominated Cain.

Hitting jabs, uppercuts and knees pretty much at will, plus he looked very strong in the plum, just controlling Cain however he wanted.

Cain's takedown was pretty sloppy for Cain (who's an accomplished wrestler himself), it was telegraphed, and his head was way too low against a very high level BJJ guy like Werdum. Every white belt knows that, don't let your head down too low or else you're way too open for a guillotine, which is exactly what happened. The double leg was way too slow, and telegraphed (partly because of his corner). Also it was the second guillotine attempt off of a double leg by Cain, he just got out of the first. But I can't blame him, he was pretty much gassed at that point, and taking Werdum down was a desperate move to slow down the fight and hopefully get some GnP in.

But you don't take Werdum down if you can help it. With a guy at that level, going to the ground is pretty much a one way trip to a loss.

with this win, this pretty much puts Werdum in the running for greatest heavyweight of all time. Wins over dominant guys Fedor and Cain puts him up there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...