Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow hunt Ko'd Bigfoot Silva. I thought it will another long and brutal fight just like their first fight. But Hunt finished it early.

Mark Hunt def. Antonio Silva via TKO (Punches) R1 3:41 as undercard for UFC 193 Results: ‘Rousey vs. Holm’

yoBnDA.gif

Well I thought Hunt won the first fight. The draw was just a consolation for the entertaining fight. Hunt was and is the better fighter between them.

Well executed plan by Holms. The footwork was excellent to the point that Ronda looked very very slow. She was battering Ronda and when the 2nd round began Ronda's cardio was in question. Holms looked fresh going into the second round.

I don't think an immediate rematch is appropriate since Ronda did not put up much of fight.

What the f#&k? What the f#&k? What the f#&k? Like I said, I find it funny how some people call Ronda Rousey a once in a lifetime fighter. Hahaha! Rousey's arrogance did her in. That devastating head kick was set up by a left hook. So who's the once in a lifetime fighter now? Hahahaha! :lol:

This fight reminds me of the Condit-Diaz fight where Condit executed a brilliant game plan of avoiding a brawl with Diaz, which is his strength. Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn, who are Condit's coaches, made a strategic game plan of avoiding a brawl with Rousey. Holly had a chance to ground and pound Ronda when she took Ronda down but she knew there was a big chance she would get submitted in that position since Rousey is an excellent grappler so she avoided it and decided to play to her strengths. Congratulations to Holly Holm and, oh yes, Holly, you definitely shocked the world! She absolutely destroyed the hype that was Ronda Rousey.

I just noticed that Ronda didn't stay around for the loser's interview. What a sore loser.

Rousey was KOed 3 times! She was already stoned when she took that fist on her chin. The kick to the face turned out her lights. Then the followthrough ground and pound was the final nail in her coffin. Goodnight! Sweet dreams! lol.

See the thing is, this is such a humbling defeat for Rousey. I doubt it really if she will be able to comeback. I mean sure she can still train, but her ego is forever scarred by this. We have seen what this kind of defeat does to an elite fighter. Most of the time the stay permanently defeated. In Boxing we have RJJ, Mike Tyson, and even our own Manny Pacquiao. In MMA look what happened to guys like Lidell, Machida, and of course Silva. They were just never the same after being humiliated like that.

Gusto ni Dana ng immediate rematch, and like what for? The same thing will happen. I dont think Ronda's grapling will help her that much because holms is just so effective at keeping her opponent within distant. She executed a good game plan avoiding being grapled. Pero tama ka, Ronda was just stupid to try to outbox and elite striker. lol

Well.. Ronda's has a few tricks on her slever compared to holms. Ronda has a great ground arsenal but quite poor on striking. She got to many hits on her just on the 1st round. She's deperate to try to put holms to the groud, that caused her the title. She's young she can learn from this and move one.

Personally I dont think so. I dont mean to take nothing from her, but a defeat like this leaves you permanently defeated. Sure your body can recover and you can reassume training and all but your confidence will just not be the same as it was before. Psychologically traumatizing kaya itong ganito? Yung ikaw itong napakayabang tapos pahiyain ka sa buong mundo?

Well pwede pa naman sya magartista na lang tulad ni Gina Carano

Ronda Rousey has no "plan b" against Holly Holm. Like her mother said, Tarverdyan is a poor coach/trainer.

Yes. Not sure why you will tell your fighter that she did well when in reality she took a beating during the first round. Ronda could not hold on Holm on the ground and the left straight of Holm was landing at will.

Ronda Rousey has an ego bigger than the United States and that brutal loss is devastating and demoralizing to her ego. She actually believes that she is unbeatable. I had a feeling Holly Holm would beat her in the stand-up but, I thought, if Ronda gets her to the ground, she would be submitted. I was both right and wrong at the same time. I was right that Holly would outclass Ronda in the standup but I was so wrong when I thought that when the fight went to the ground, Holly would be submitted. Ronda had 2 chances to get Holly to the ground. The first attempt was neutralized by Holly as she was able to escape an arm bar attempt and in the second attempt by Ronda, Holly's technique made her outmaneuver Ronda and that was the beginning of the end for Ronda since the only real chance Rousey was gonna beat Holm was the arm bar. That escape by Holly must have been debilitating to the psyche of Ronda who must have thought that no one could escape that predicament. Holly came very well-prepared and her coaches should be given credit for getting her ready.

I agree that the same thing will happen in a rematch because Ronda's striking is still light years away from Holly's. Holly was a world champ in boxing in three weight classes so that tells you the gulf in the striking of the two fighters. Moreover, I think there is no trick of Ronda on the ground that Holly won't be able to neutralize. Greg Jackson obviously had her ready for any Rousey technique on the ground. Lastly, Holly has been training with elite fighters in that gym like Cerrone, Jones, Condit, Felder, etc.

Looking back at all this, Ronda should have been the underdog here. Holm is a real deal fighting elite. She has been in the fight business way longer, and as you mentioned has also been a multiple champion. Ronda never had her chin tested. She talks about how she is the best fighter in the world when she never really defeated anyone who was considered "the best" at anything.

A lot of people commented how stupid she was to try to fight a striking game with an elite boxer.... But then again did her grappling help her that much? Magaling grapling coaches talaga ni Holm. Her grapling wont help her anymore than Carano's Muay Thai helped her against an elite Jiu Jitsu master like Cyborg Santos.

Oh well sabi ko nga, at least sikat na sya, she can always venture naman into acting. But as an elite...? Hmmmmm I dont really think she will comeback. Because now all of her future opponents know that her chin is vulnerable.... The way I see it, she was already KOed when that left landed on her face. The kick only made it more devastating. Kahit hindi na hinabol ng ground and pound hindi na sya tatayo dun

According to Ronda, she will be back. The UFC is the one at fault here for labeling her the best fighter in the world even if her striking is suspect. Her striking was tested against a truly elite striker in Holly and Ronda failed miserably. There was no technique in her striking. Sugod lang ng sugod.

to be quite honest, I think Ronda had been labeled as such because Holly Holm looked like an old 34 and Ronda was at her physical prime at 28. Well, like how the cliche goes: looks can be deceiving. I'm actually more excited with Joanna Jedrzejczyk (had to open Wikipedia to type her surname lol) because her strikes are vicious.

Gina Carano fan here and yeah I think that Cyborg is stronger than Rhonda. Well in MMA (I used to play the game way back I was younger), you don't need power all the time. You gotta wait. You gotta be patient. Too much power are usually for short-tempered individuals. The one who's eager. Too bad for rhonda, she is used to finishing her games fast, she forgot to use her brain this time.