Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

^When was the last we saw Fedor fight more than once in one year?

I mean I am not hating or anything coz I love MMA and I love watching Strikeforce as well and I am hyped up for these match ups.. but lets get real,

•  
  • If this is a tournament then the highest seed would face the lower seed first so as there is a possibility of #1 and #2 in the finals
  • Their champ is included in the tournament, so is Overeem gonna fight 5 rounds while the other fights 3 rounds?
  • No other venues are booked for the other fights except the Fedor fight.
  • They have named some replacement HW by placing them in matches, so if any HW in the bracket got injured will the replacement, who is clearly a can, takes that place?
  • Barnett has his license still suspended and Overeem still was having issues fighting in the US.

Well I am just stating the obvious problems, if they can work that out then we are all in store for an EXPOSIVE HW division in MMA!

Matches are picked randomly! Walang ranking yan! Though Coker admitted to give Overeem what he asked for, which is a rematch with Werdum. :lol:

Barnett only has problems in California, not the whole US! Overeem fought in the US before, he just finished his K1 obligations and now after winning the K1 GP he said he will now focus in MMA :P

HW replacement are Cans? Dont think so... these are legit prospects at HW ^_^

Let's just wait and see... hope this StrikeForce HW GP meets all expectations! DREAM was not able to organize a real HW GP of their own... So I hope SF does it right :D

Matches are picked randomly! Walang ranking yan! Though Coker admitted to give Overeem what he asked for, which is a rematch with Werdum. :lol:

Barnett only has problems in California, not the whole US! Overeem fought in the US before, he just finished his K1 obligations and now after winning the K1 GP he said he will now focus in MMA :P

Let's just wait and see... hope this StrikeForce HW GP meets all expectations! DREAM was not able to organize a real HW GP of their own... So I hope SF does it right :D

yup..besides, Coker is working with the commission to have all the fights a 5 rounder. though i dont agree din sa bracketing nila..maybe, they know na hnd rin mttpos yung tournament kya they let the best fighters fight each other early..

With Cain Velasquez Injured, Junior Dos santos will Fight Brock Lesnar for the Interim Champ

and they will also coached TUF 13!!!!! :lol:

TUF 13: Team Lesnar vs Team Dos Santos

NOPE..Dana said that there is no interim title on the line..

weird lng..JDS is not that fluent in english..so r they having the world most famous interpreter in the show as well?

mas mganda sana kung Lesnar-Mir n lng as coaches..

then have JDS fight Carwin, for the title of the most hard hitting HW.. :lol: :lol:

the UFC is trying to catch up with the SF tourney..

Maybe they are picked randomly maybe they aren't. But in my opinion, Coker made these matches to please their TV partner, Showtime, right away. They can't afford to have low ratings for a Fedor fight especially when Showtime was VERY instrumental in resigning Fedor.

Well maybe Barnett can apply for a license elsewhere but SF's stronghold in the US is in San Jose, California. This is where their presence is very strong and they would need an event without Fedor to happen there.

Valentijn Overeem is a can. Del Rosario, Johnson, and Sefo maybe propects but I would not put them in a match with the likes of Fedor nor Alistair. I would much rather see Cormier with his wrestling in there than those 3 strikers.

Nevertheless, I would love to see all those matches especially now that Cain is out for a while.

If he would get his coaches from Blackhouse, Ed Soares will be one busy translator during this TUF..

I wonder if he would make Mark Munoz his wrestling coach..

I was hoping for Brock and Mir to be the coaches for the next TUF, that would reel up a lot of viewers. I like JDS as a fighter but I don't think he has the personality to be on a reality show. Well.. I could be wrong.

finally, it made sense...or maybe this is just a beginning of more alterations in the future..

ngapala, guys do u knw where i can buy dvds of Pride? especially yug 2006 Open-weight Grand Prix series..

meron lng ako mga 5 Bushido events, nabili ko pa sa Bacoor,Cavite nung 2009 nung nag audit ako dun..

I was hoping for Brock and Mir to be the coaches for the next TUF, that would reel up a lot of viewers. I like JDS as a fighter but I don't think he has the personality to be on a reality show. Well.. I could be wrong.

Let's give him a chance. Worst case is he becomes another Nogueira.

finally, it made sense...or maybe this is just a beginning of more alterations in the future..

ngapala, guys do u knw where i can buy dvds of Pride? especially yug 2006 Open-weight Grand Prix series..

meron lng ako mga 5 Bushido events, nabili ko pa sa Bacoor,Cavite nung 2009 nung nag audit ako dun..

Saw some Best of Pride DVDs at Coastal Mall here in Paranaque.. Did not buy it though..

As for me I downloaded every event thru Rapidshare (60G+).. Not sure if those links are still good..

Saw some Best of Pride DVDs at Coastal Mall here in Paranaque.. Did not buy it though..

As for me I downloaded every event thru Rapidshare (60G+).. Not sure if those links are still good..

hassle magdownload..ang tgal..tska, hnd me marunong dun sa rapidshare..hnd nmn kc naggdadownload or worse my bayad..

out of way yung sa coastal, nkktakot pa yung place..nwei, try ko pa din..

tnx...

eto nanaman ang management ni fedor, nag mala mayweather nanaman

Fedor's Manager Requests Drug Testing for Heavyweight Semi-Finals

Same old music that M-1 is singing, and so this saga begins.. tsk tsk.. <_<

Why wait for the semis? Why not request every match in the "tournament"? Hell, his first match is with Antonio Silva who was caught doping before.. It's obvious that they are targeting Overeem.. :angry2:

Guillard must be high when he made the statement that he is the best 155 pounder after TKO'ing Evan Dunham.. :lol:

Sure he defeated an up and coming fighter in Dunham but go through the contenders first before demanding for a title shot.. Have some humility kid.. -_-

Guillard has always been a cocky SOB. I'd say pair him with Jim Miller then have Guida go up against Sot then the winners from each square-off in a title eliminator

Hey guys. I read something quite interesting from one of the Yahoo Sports MMA links. Here's an excerpt from an article on Jason Reinhardt (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmajunkie-Will_Ribeiro_UFC_127_Jason_Reinhardt_seeks_win).

"It was enough to propel him back into the good graces of the Zuffa brass; Reinhardt (201 MMA, 01 UFC was pegged to welcome Chinese import Zhang Tie Quan (10-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC) to the U.S. on the WEC 51 card this past September.

The proposed bout, however, simply was not meant to be.

Reinhardt failed a pre-fight medical exam conducted by the Colorado State Boxing Commission that halted the matchup in its tracks.

"They cancelled my fight at the last minute because they said my eyes were too bad," Reinhardt told MMAjunkie.com Radio. "I fought with my contacts (previously). I had a high prescription. I couldn't see very well without my contacts. Now I am seeing 20/15. I had the corrective-vision surgery."

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Post UFC-WEC merger, the same matchup with Quan again was given legs by management, only this time it will fall under the UFC banner. The pair finally squares off on the preliminary card of UFC 127, which takes place Feb. 27 in Sydney, Australia."

Zhang Tie Quan of course is very familiar to us in the local MMA scene. The Chinese fighter was the last guy to defeat URCC light heavyweight champion Caloy Baduria. I think him getting a fight in the UFC has some very positive implications for the fighters coming from Asia in general our fighters in the URCC included.

With Quan in the UFC this could possibly be 'the opening of the gates' so to speak that we have been waiting for. Our homegrown talents such as Angelito Manguray and Edward Folayang perhaps are finally set to get a chance to show their skills to the whole world inside what's been called the 'Ultimate Proving Ground' for fighters, the UFC Octagon.

Edited by geneticfreak

didn't catch the fight for the troops on tv. was this even showed on balls? don't remember any commercials about it. i really wanted to watch the main event.

i get all my pride satisfaction from this site (if you have the patience to wait for them to load):

http://mmavideolinks.to/fighter-videos/

mma-core.com used to be good but a lot of their links just don't work anymore.

didnt cacth it also..im exptcing it to be broadcast last sunday..wla din pla..khit delayed telecast sa Balls..wla tlga..