Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Goodthing we have Strikeforce, DREAM and other MMA Orgs. putting on good/ quality shows! :lol:

Yes, I agree that other orgz are good for MMA. Up and coming fighters and fighters that are cut by the UFC needs to have a place to fight. But, let's be realistic, most if not all of them will sign/resign with UFC if given the chance (with the exemption of Fedor who clearly is now in there for the money only).

there are rumors that Dana did gave Nam a "WIN" bonus.besides the FOTN bouns..check MMA sites..but, UFC has yet to confirmed that.

Here is one link to confirm what you said:

Dana paid Phan his win bonus

well so much for my prediction lol. but still, great performance by GSP. it showed the difference in striking ability between him and kos. it's just sad that someone with great technical striking doesn't have the power to match. just think if someone like alves hit kos with those left hooks that GSP landed, kos would've been rocked for sure (just as when they fought).

i was also very impressed with kos' wrestling. i've never seen so many gsp takedown attempts stuffed. he even put gsp on his back. took him a while but that is an impressive feat nonetheless. i guess there's only 1 welterweight left before gsp really cleans out the division. and when they do square off against each other, it's going to be even more lopsided.

superb card, so many stoppages. it really surpassed my expectations. that was an awesome, early xmas gift from the ufc. :D

edit: and i would just like to add, that gsp's true greatness doesn't come from a single aspect of his game, but rather (just as he said himself) how well he puts it all together.

Edited by jimmii

Great fights! I hesitated watching this at a sports bar because of the card.. Turned out to be a wrong decision..

Fight bonuses were at $100T..

Submission of the night (tied) - Mark Bocek (smooth ng transition from mount to the triangle, too bad I think Hazelett will be cut)

Submission of the night (tied) - Jim Miller (slick knee-bar, Oliveira's hype train is no more)

Knockout of the night - Mac Danzig (a left hook that face plants Joe Daddy)

Fight of the night - GSP and Kos (The fans voted this but I believe the Pierson vs Riddle or Alves vs Howard should have gotten the nod)

I certainly hope GSP's last performance stops all the talk about him being safe and relying on what some people wanna call a lay and pray type approach (after taking people down). The man simply knows which one of his skills to impose on his opponent at the time. So much for not being able to stop Hardy or Alves (though he dominated them). He simply used his other skill set (which is his striking) to nearly stop perhaps the second best wrestler in the welterweight division. GSP ain't boring... He simply knows how to win. Add to that the fact that most of his opponents are really tough, top of the food chain welterweights. Some like Matt Hughes he has stopped some he hasn't... But he has dominated each and every time.

Dustin Hazlett looked lost against Bocek (who has really impressed me his last few fights) and Jim Miller I think should be next in line against the winner of the Edgar-Grady title fight.

what I must say:

The Pierson vs Riddle was a better choice for FOTN

KO of the night: Perfect timing in the step-back hook by Danzin

both subs of the night: very well setup

Funny that many people forgot that GSP was a striker in his early days before his loss to Serra made him focus more on his wrestling..

Are we expecting a GSP-Silva fight next year?

probably not. gsp said if he's moving up he's going to be moving up for good and gaining those extra pounds the right way is going to take some time. he walks around 190 right now, and he'll need to be AT LEAST 200lbs before fighting at MW.

hahaha..seems there are lots of GSP fans here..i must agree that he is one of the best..but he really fights safe.he even admitted it.look at the last fight..he closd Kos right eye within round 1.but yet, he still didnt pressd enough to finish Kos, cause he is too afraid that Kos might land that big ryt hand..his trainer said that Kos is tough to finish.i thnk they should Paulo Thiago.. :blush: :blush: :blush:

and in his last 5 title defences..it all ended in decisions..with the exception of Bj fight, where his corner threw in the towel before the start of 5th round..

he is even afraid to move weight class..he has many excuses..first, because of Marquardt, he thinks that Nate will become MW champion..now, he still needs to gain some weights...i thnk he needs to ask Anderson, BJ Penn and Ninja Rua, in how to disrespect weight classes...

if Anderson wins in Feb. vs Vitor, Dana should force GSP to Silva next..

Great fights! I hesitated watching this at a sports bar because of the card.. Turned out to be a wrong decision..

Fight bonuses were at $100T..

Submission of the night (tied) - Mark Bocek (smooth ng transition from mount to the triangle, too bad I think Hazelett will be cut)

Submission of the night (tied) - Jim Miller (slick knee-bar, Oliveira's hype train is no more)

Knockout of the night - Mac Danzig (a left hook that face plants Joe Daddy)

Fight of the night - GSP and Kos (The fans voted this but I believe the Pierson vs Riddle or Alves vs Howard should have gotten the nod)

i agree with your take on FOTN..i thnk that is why the UFC said that the Fans Voted FOTN will be a 1nyt only..because it becomes a popularity contest whre big names will definetely win..

i was also suprised by the submission of Jim Miller..i was rooting for Oliviera.but i thnk Charles is overconfident about his ground game, that is why he didnt defend the kneebar..

Jim Miller has a good streak, but so is G-Sot..they should fight for the #1 contendership..but im still rooting for Edson Barboza Jr to be the next LW champion..

I certainly hope GSP's last performance stops all the talk about him being safe and relying on what some people wanna call a lay and pray type approach (after taking people down). The man simply knows which one of his skills to impose on his opponent at the time. So much for not being able to stop Hardy or Alves (though he dominated them). He simply used his other skill set (which is his striking) to nearly stop perhaps the second best wrestler in the welterweight division. GSP ain't boring... He simply knows how to win. Add to that the fact that most of his opponents are really tough, top of the food chain welterweights. Some like Matt Hughes he has stopped some he hasn't... But he has dominated each and every time.

Dustin Hazlett looked lost against Bocek (who has really impressed me his last few fights) and Jim Miller I think should be next in line against the winner of the Edgar-Grady title fight.

i think they'll give Ben Henderson the titleshot on whoever wins the Edgar-Maynard fight chief