Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I don't think that this is good news at all.. In my opinion there is less than 10% of the current UFC LHW roster that he can beat.. Especially with his current streaks..

Barndon Vera on the ground is like a fish out of the water.. Simply put, he has no ground game.. Werdum, Jones, and Silva exposed that..

I mean, I'm proud of him kasi Pinoy sya and everything, pero it's a pain to watch him fight lately..

Well Brandon has a ground game. He has a good one at that having won at Grappler's quest and having his BJJ Brown belt. I've seen it myself having been able to roll with him a couple of times when he was here preparing for Assuerio Silva back in '07 (or was it '06). The thing is the people he has been fighting as of late have been bad matches for him on the ground. Jones stifled his movement with his wrestling. Silva simply overpowered him and used that age-old adage that says "if you catch a a black belt with a punch once he becomes a brown belt, twice a purple belt and so on and so forth. And of course he was clearly overmatched size and skill wise against Fabricio Werdum. Dabbling in MMA requires that you make the most out of your skills. And yeah Brandon would have been better off using his wrestling/grappling in reverse ala Chuck Lidell using it to keep the fight standing where his most potent weapons (his leg kicks and his punches) shine.

Edited by geneticfreak

That was some serious bad blood between Bisping and Rivera.. A thug from Boston against a hooligan from Manchester, well what would we expect, hugs and kisses - I dont think so.. :lol:

Bisping is such a douche urging the crowd to cheer after he clearly landed an illegal knee.. :angry2:

Oh please do not put Bisping in title contention at MW!

Edited by G_sKiLLz

There's already a move within the local MMA community to the BI to have Jbarri deported. And GAB I hear is planning to have his professional fighters license permanently revoked. IMO matagal na dapat ginawa to this is not the first time the guy has acted inappropriately. Even way before he got into MMA he had a somewhat well publicized street fight with the current President of the Wrestling Association of the Philippines and former national coach Albert Balde. Coach Albert suplexed and kicked Razzi's ass of course.

may alam din ako dati na nakipag-spar si Razi sa isang Kyokushinkai dojo tapos binugbog niya yung kaspar niyang blue belt, eh supposed to be hindi 100% na spar eh brinutal niya yung kawawang bata na kitang kita na nagulat kasi he was going at 60-70% at that time. ayun duguan yung nguso nung bata, tapos wala ng gustong makipag spar kay Razi. eh si kumag naman proud na proud sa sarili kasi may nabugbog... ayan nadale siya tuloy ng sakal. nga pala nakatulog ba siya bago siya binitawan ni Al?

i agreed with the draw.but if they adapt the Pride rules (w/c IMO they should be,since the only significant event in the 1st 2 rounds were the takedowns of BJ and subsequently reversed) Fitch is the clear winner...wla tlgang kwenta c BJ in the long run..hehe..he shud go back to LW where he belongs..

i pity Fitch, Dana really hates him..he couldnt respect Jon coz he fought a draw to LW..double standard..he didnt said that to Matt Hughes when he was devastately KO by BJ..besides, GSP and Jon Fitch style are similar in style, but we nver hear people call Fitch a technical fighter..hayzz...

Bisping is really an assH*le..he spat in the corner of Rivera after he win, w/c is obvious he just got bcoz of the illegal knee..

Edited by sujiro

i agreed with the draw.but if they adapt the Pride rules (w/c IMO they should be,since the only significant event in the 1st 2 rounds were the takedowns of BJ and subsequently reversed) Fitch is the clear winner...wla tlgang kwenta c BJ in the long run..hehe..he shud go back to LW where he belongs..

Only the 2 takedowns mattered in the first two rounds? Nope. BJ had Fitch's back both times after both take downs with both hooks in and he threatened both times with a rear naked choke. If you're to follow the UFC judging criteria ('effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control') then you'll clearly see that BJ might have handily won both rounds 1 and 2 on the basis that firstly there hardly was any striking in both those rounds and he clearly had him beat in two out of the other three criteria. For those here who have no experience in BJJ tourneys let me tell you the back mount with hooks is one of the highest positions of advantage and has the highest number of corresponding points (together with the full mount) in BJJ.

Fitch is my hero but I actually scored the first two rounds 10-9 to BJ. Take note also that though Fitch wound up on top both times during the first two rounds he was never able to 'advance' position as we call it in BJJ. He wound up in BJ's guard both times and never managed to pass. Though he landed some ground and pound while in BJ's guard most of his punches were effectively blocked by BJ.

I actually scored it 29-28 for BJ (the third round was a no-brainer of course). So for the people here crying foul thinking Fitch was robbed think again. The guy who ends up on top in an MMA fight doesn't necessarily make him the winner of a round/fight especially if you take the 'BJJ/grappling' aspect of it into consideration. I think the draw was the justified.

Dear Dana White and Joe Silva,

Please make Bisping's next opponent either Stann, Maia or Belfort so this guy can be shut up again

sincerely yours,

UFC fans around the world

Amen.

Or feed him directly to Anderson, since he really want to fight for the belt.(i want to see a spinning back kick KO).

We need another highlight reel KO/Submission again.

Edited by sujiro

Bisping now has a big target on his back.

Aside from Belfort, Chael Sonnen has also expressed his interest to fight Bisping.

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.

Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

Guest eljuego

Only the 2 takedowns mattered in the first two rounds? Nope. BJ had Fitch's back both times after both take downs with both hooks in and he threatened both times with a rear naked choke. If you're to follow the UFC judging criteria ('effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control') then you'll clearly see that BJ might have handily won both rounds 1 and 2 on the basis that firstly there hardly was any striking in both those rounds and he clearly had him beat in two out of the other three criteria. For those here who have no experience in BJJ tourneys let me tell you the back mount with hooks is one of the highest positions of advantage and has the highest number of corresponding points (together with the full mount) in BJJ.

Fitch is my hero but I actually scored the first two rounds 10-9 to BJ. Take note also that though Fitch wound up on top both times during the first two rounds he was never able to 'advance' position as we call it in BJJ. He wound up in BJ's guard both times and never managed to pass. Though he landed some ground and pound while in BJ's guard most of his punches were effectively blocked by BJ.

I actually scored it 29-28 for BJ (the third round was a no-brainer of course). So for the people here crying foul thinking Fitch was robbed think again. The guy who ends up on top in an MMA fight doesn't necessarily make him the winner of a round/fight especially if you take the 'BJJ/grappling' aspect of it into consideration. I think the draw was the justified.

I think BJ also won the first 2 rounds. If BJ maintained the status quo in the third round, meaning he did in the third round what he did in the first 2 rounds, I think he would have won handily.

Edited by eljuego

I think BJ also won the first 2 rounds. If BJ maintained the status quo in the third round, meaning he did in the third round what he did in the first 2 rounds, I think he would have won handily.

Yup correct. Kaso... knowing BJ (again) right at the very end of the 2nd round he looked really really gassed out. He really is I think better suited to just campaigning at lightweight IMO.

the guard position is actually an advantageous position, and the person inside the guard is in the least dominant position in BJJ

tama ba chief gf?

Holy Crap! What a stand-up war between Kampmann and Sanchez.. That was fun to watch!

Dana was so happy that he gave both fighters $160T in bonuses alone..

Also, the lighter weight fighters have officially arrived with the Bowles vs Page match.. Page was dominating the stand-up with his phenomenal muay thai until Bowles landed an uppercut and grabbed his neck for the dejavu guillotine on Page..

Munoz won.. Yey! A controversial one but a victory nonetheless..

Oh UFC, please make Palhares vs Maia match.. Let's see who is the best grappler in MMA's MW division..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

the guard position is actually an advantageous position, and the person inside the guard is in the least dominant position in BJJ

tama ba chief gf?

Well not really. It's more like the guy on the bottom has 'neutralized' the top person's advantage cause he cannot attach from within the guard. If it's MMA though judges tend to look at the top guy as the one with the positional advantage cause of course in MMA you have the additional option to punch and elbow from within the guard.

If ever Palhares and Meia would ever meet in the octagon the thing is both might not actually risk goin to the ground knowing how good both of em are. What we might end up watching is two of the best grapplers in the world trying to decide who among them is the better striker so we might not actually find out who the better grappler is if they're gonna meet in the octagon. The ADCC I think would be a better venue to find that out.

If ever Palhares and Meia would ever meet in the octagon the thing is both might not actually risk goin to the ground knowing how good both of em are. What we might end up watching is two of the best grapplers in the world trying to decide who among them is the better striker so we might not actually find out who the better grappler is if they're gonna meet in the octagon. The ADCC I think would be a better venue to find that out.

Has Palhares ever competed in ADCC? I know Maia is a former under 88kg champion.

Oh Hendo is SF champ again after TKO of Feijao.