Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Well as much as I know BJ will probabbly win. My heart goes with Frankie Edgar on this one.

well I personally think it will be BJ's most competitive title defense so far seeing as how good Edgar's boxing is.

It would be interesting though if perhaps he could somehow take BJ down. that'll definitely change the complexion of the fight

into his favor a lil bit. But since GSP no one has ever really done it, so he probably won't be able to but i'm trying to be hopeful that perhaps he can pull it off.

Edited by geneticfreak

Everyone was f#&king dissapointed with A.Silva:

1. Joe Rogan obviousy does not want to ask further questions.

2. Bruce Buffer was not enthusiastic to announce the winner.

3. Dana was not even in the ring to put the belt around the waist of Silva.

4. Every single fan was booing.

Everyone lost after the fight. MMA in general lost.

BTW, here is the article saying he wants to fight at WW..

A.Silva New 8 fight deal with UFC

On that, he is freaking crazy if he thinks he can compete at HW.. Have he ever looked at his training partner (Big Nog) and what happened to him at HW in UFC?

i actually got confirmation from joe rogan while silva was just entering the octagon but still a very interesting read. thanks for that.

if the GSP vs. silva fight were to happen, i really think it should be at a catch weight of maybe 175lbs. cutting all the way down to 170 would be more than what he's used to and i wouldn't want that (i'm sure nobody would either) to be a factor in the fight should he lose to GSP.

however if what joe rogan said is true (silva walked around 192lbs prior to his fight with maia) then maybe cutting weight wouldn't be so much of a problem since GSP has increased in weight himself and is at about the same range as anderson.

Everyone was f#&king dissapointed with A.Silva:

1. Joe Rogan obviousy does not want to ask further questions.

2. Bruce Buffer was not enthusiastic to announce the winner.

3. Dana was not even in the ring to put the belt around the waist of Silva.

4. Every single fan was booing.

Everyone lost after the fight. MMA in general lost.

so true. but maybe mma needs to take one step back to be able to take two steps forward eh??

so true. but maybe mma needs to take one step back to be able to take two steps forward eh??

Maybe your right, but what's bad about it is that he is considered the best P4P fighter in the world..

First Fedor, he is in MMA now for the money, then A.Silva who clearly wants to protect his winning streak..

And what's worse is news from Yahoo Sports and MMAFanhouse mentioned that Dana threw the belt and left in the 4th round of the fight.. From a management perspective, can you blame him? You have brought UFC to the middle east for a night of fights, with FIGHT being the keyword, and your main event fighter did not came to fight.

Damn, I wonder what will be Dana's reaction to this one..

really, really great fights so far. but that streak is about to end with hughes vs gracie lol

never realized how heavy munoz's hands were in top position. man those were brutal. great win also by mr wonderful. i got high hopes for that guy.

Haha yeah... Great hot pink trunks too. :thumbsupsmiley:

The entire pay per view was just a hodge podge in terms of intensity... the first couple of fights were definitely action packed. I actually jumped out of my seat when Munoz was finally able to get himself in position to rain down bombs after that failed belly down armbar attempt by Kendall Grove till he finally finished him off, hats off to him he has great heart and great conditioning. And it was a great display of grappling by Dos Anjos.

Both Hughes and Gracie were quite tentative in taking it to the ground (though Matt did try a couple of times to get it there but Renzo didn't want any part of that obviously after seeing what happened to Royce) and the accumulated effect of the leg kicks finally subdued him.

The main event was anti-climatic but what about Frankie Edgar... he had all the answers.:thumbsupsmiley: I didn't actually gave him much of a chance until I saw him in the Veach fight and saw how vastly improved his hand speed and his head/foot movement was, from then on I had a sneaking suspicion he might just be able to pull it off.

Edited by geneticfreak