Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Masterful performance by Aldo..

But why did he not finish Faber? It's obvious that Faber is his for the taking..

GSP, A.Silva, Shields, Aldo, - most championship fight have gone the distance with one fighter having the chance to finish but did not.. it seems that the champions are fighting to win the decision and not finish their opponents..

But why did he not finish Faber? It's obvious that Faber is his for the taking..

GSP, A.Silva, Shields, Aldo, - most championship fight have gone the distance with one fighter having the chance to finish but did not.. it seems that the champions are fighting to win the decision and not finish their opponents..

I'm looking at all 4 differently, if I may.

In GSP's last 2 fights, it wasn't like he was coasting. Against Alves he suffered a groin tear within the fight, & with the Dan Hardy fight, Hardy just won't quit. With Jake Shields, that's just his style. More like Chael Sonnen and Randy Couture. With what Aldo showed against Faber, he has done visibly enough to coast. In Anderson's last fight with Maia, Maia still had a ton of fight with him and was still pushing forward despite being busted open but Anderson started clowning around.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Knucklehead7

please don't say that gsp wants to win via decision. if you saw how hard he tried to submit hardy then i guess you can say that he was willing to k*ll for the stoppage victory. but as his post fight interview went on, he admitted that there were some holes in his bjj game that night. he may not have won via stoppage, you cannot argue that he was toying around like anderson silva.

please don't say that gsp wants to win via decision. if you saw how hard he tried to submit hardy then i guess you can say that he was willing to k*ll for the stoppage victory. but as his post fight interview went on, he admitted that there were some holes in his bjj game that night. he may not have won via stoppage, you cannot argue that he was toying around like anderson silva.

GSP executes his gameplan well.. He listens and does whatever Greg Jackson tells him to do.. And sometimes that gameplan will lead to a decision victory.. Have you heard what Greg Jackson's instruction was in one of the rounds? "Do not pass his guard?" Why? its clear that Hardy does not have any ground game.. Or maybe there is a reason for that.. maybe its their strategy.. i dont know, i just enjoy watching fights.. hehehe..

where can i watch the Aldo-Faber match online?

Here you go sir..MMA CORE

I suggest watch the Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung as well.. a wild fist fight but an entertaining fight nonetheless..

GSP executes his gameplan well.. He listens and does whatever Greg Jackson tells him to do.. And sometimes that gameplan will lead to a decision victory.. Have you heard what Greg Jackson's instruction was in one of the rounds? "Do not pass his guard?" Why? its clear that Hardy does not have any ground game.. Or maybe there is a reason for that.. maybe its their strategy.. i dont know, i just enjoy watching fights.. hehehe..

Here you go sir..MMA CORE

I suggest watch the Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung as well.. a wild fist fight but an entertaining fight nonetheless..

I kinda was bewildered too when I heard Greg Jackson say that to GSP. I mean, why - if one can see any intricacies to it - will someone not try to pass guard to gain an advantage? Maybe they were waiting for Hardy to make a mistake and be overly aggresive from the guard, maybe they wanna grind him down to making a mistake, who knows. Definitely though, a very deep gameplan from the Greg Jackson camp.

And yes, Garcia vs. Zombie was a CLASSIC. Too bad it wasn't marketed as an actual WEC event, whatever explanation Dana White has.

And yes, Garcia vs. Zombie was a CLASSIC. Too bad it wasn't marketed as an actual WEC event, whatever explanation Dana White has.

I've read that it's due to the prelims being aired on Spike. And with WEC48 being PPV, Dana along with Reed Harris (CEO of WEC) agreed to a brandless promotion.

As if things can't get any worse for Tito Ortiz... Tito Ortiz Arrested for Domestic Violence

And Dana actually said that they will drop Tito once proven guilty.. Tito paid bail and said that Jenna Jameson is addicted to a certain drug (can't remember the name).. Maybe Tito has a point here, Jenna's statement is inconsistent, first she said that Tito hit her then changed it to she slipped and tore her rotator cuff.. Whatever it is, not good for Tito..

UFC Champs seem to have been taking calculated risks. Getting careless means losing the championship. For BJ Penn he was too careful, then losing to Edgar. That's why I like Fedor. He finishes his fights, too bad he's not in the UFC.

UFC Champs seem to have been taking calculated risks. Getting careless means losing the championship. For BJ Penn he was too careful, then losing to Edgar. That's why I like Fedor. He finishes his fights, too bad he's not in the UFC.

agree. emelianenko fedor.

agree. emelianenko fedor.

Fedor was great during his PRIDE days.. Watch his fights lately and you will see that he is not "GOD" anymore, Rogers almost carved his fist in Fedor's face during their last fight.. sure he's undefeated for 10 years and will probably remain that way fighting mid-tier HW outside UFC..

Edited by G_sKiLLz

Jake Shields for Real! Upsetting Hendo! And the post fight brawl with Mayhem Miller! Tsk Tsk Bad for MMA considering they were Live in CBS.

Aldo has more fight coming his way at featherweight!

King Mo Lawal beats Gegard Mousasi... And Melendez withe the Upset over Aoki!!!

War Shogun!!! Justice will be served!!!

Fedor Emaelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum on June!! Can't wait. but I think this fight is gonna be walk in the park for Fedor...

Everything's gonna be a walk in the park for Fedor unless he jumps to the UFC. I'm not being biased, but the simple truth is the UFC has the obviously deeper talent pool in any division, especially in Heavyweight. Fedor will always be in the top 10 P4P for his past achievements, but as far as furthering his legacy, he won't do that with any other promotion.