Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

It will be interesting to see how Machida adjusts in the rematch with Rua. Shogun obviously figured out his timing in the first fight and threw a leg or a body kick every single time he went after Machida and Machida was on the way out of the pocket. It'll be interesting to see if Machida adjusts anything about his attack and what adjustsments he makes.

As for the Kos - Daley fight it all boils down to one thing... takedown defense. If Daley manages to avoid getting taken down he'll probabbly punish Koscheck on the feet (despite his ever improving standup) but if he does get taken down Koscheck is gonna have a field day with him.

It will be interesting to see how Machida adjusts in the rematch with Rua. Shogun obviously figured out his timing in the first fight and threw a leg or a body kick every single time he went after Machida and Machida was on the way out of the pocket. It'll be interesting to see if Machida adjusts anything about his attack and what adjustsments he makes.

As for the Kos - Daley fight it all boils down to one thing... takedown defense. If Daley manages to avoid getting taken down he'll probabbly punish Koscheck on the feet (despite his ever improving standup) but if he does get taken down Koscheck is gonna have a field day with him.

It will also be interesting to see how Shogun adjusts his gameplan so he can throw in more combos and inflict more damage...

as for Kos and Semtex, the gameplan for Kos is put Semtex on his back as it has been proven British fighters' biggest chink in the armor is when they are on their backs

I'm pulling for Shogun this Sunday. I still feel he got Lyoto all figured out, but let's see what tweaks he has made to approach Shogun's game. Either way, I know it'll be another classic.

I just wanna see what happens after the Kos - Semtex fight. Maybe we can crown the successor to Tito's douchebaggery after this? XD

I also wanna see the Kimbo - Mittrione fight, just to see how far these two have progressed after the reality show.

Koscheck vs. Daley: Pre-fight Press Conference

They're not in the Octagon yet, but Semtex has already scored points over Kos. :cool:

courtesy Cage Potato:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/28snh2s.jpg

(Kos does not look impressed by that performance)

the PS'd picture Semtex was holding:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/kosross.jpg

Koscheck vs. Daley: Pre-fight Press Conference

They're not in the Octagon yet, but Semtex has already scored points over Kos. :cool:

courtesy Cage Potato:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/28snh2s.jpg

(Kos does not look impressed by that performance)

the PS'd picture Semtex was holding:

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/kosross.jpg

Hahaha! Laughtrip yun ah... WaR ShouGun!!! Muay Thai Rules!!! :angry:

My UFC 113 Picks (from top to bottom):

Undercard:

Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald over John Salter

"Zenko" Yoshiyuki Yoshida over Mike "The Joker" Guymon

"Filthy" Tom Lawlor over Joe Doerksen, and I have to wonder what craziness Lawlor will have in his entrance :P

Johnny Hendricks over TJ Grant

"The Mexicutioner" Joey Beltran over Tim Hague

"The Irish Hand Grenade" Marcus Davis over Jonathan Goulet

Main Card:

5. "The Predator" Patrick Cote vs. Alan "The Talent" Belcher

This is a tough call, because in my eyes Belcher is pretty inconsistent and Cote is coming off that injury from his fight with the fighter formerly known as Anderson Silva back in UFC 90. Cage rust will definitely be a question mark for Cote, but he always has that big right hand to starch him. The only question is will Belcher be too fast for someone who's been inactive for almost 18 months. Cote by TKO

4. Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout vs. "Lil' Heathen" Jeremy Stephens

Classic striker vs. brawler matchup here. It's gonna be a great stand-up fight, but I don't see Stout giving Stephens the same opening Rafael Dos Anjos gave him when he launched his Uppercut From Hell. Stout by decision

3. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Matt "Meathead" Mitrione

A pair of inexperienced heavies who are both willing, able, and eager to bang. The biggest thing I wanna see in this fight is if both Slice & Meathead have improved since after TUF 10. Being in good camps (Slice with American Top Team, Meathead with Roufusport Fight Team), I expect significant strides in terms of at least striking. It's really hard to tell, since both haven't had a lot of fights to benchmark their performances, but if Slice hasn't improved cardio-wise, we just might see Meathead be more popular than the actual winner of TUF 10, Roy Nelson. Meathead slices Slice via TKO

2. Josh Koscheck vs. Paul "Semtex" Daley

This will be fun, for damn sure. Of course everybody expects Kos to bait Semtex with his standup to set up his takedowns, but if Kos does decide to stand and trade with Daley I think that's a huge mistake. For all the KO's & TKO's that Kos has accumulated recently, with all due respect Frank Trigg and Yoshida ain't no Paul Daley. I'm giving this to Daley, only because Koscheck's got me believing that he's gonna do a Frank Shamrock and prove a f*cking point. Daley by TKO, getting the TUF 12 coaching job alongside Georges St. Pierre, at which point GSP comes in and says he's not impressed by his performance.

1. UFC Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida © vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Finally, a fight that's guaranteed to not suck.

Everybody is saying that Shogun finally has the kryptonite to derail Machida, but I still highly doubt that. For as much as we want to dissect Machida's game and have it clash directly with Shogun's, it won't give a clear answer (for myself, at least) as to who'll come out on top this time. From the training videos I've seen from the Machida camp he's improved on his angles and his conditioning, and from the Universidad De Luta camp I've seen Shogun work more on his combinations and his range for kicks. A lot of scenarios can play out in this one: either Shogun keeps the pace fast and make Machida backpedal like the last time, or vice versa, or maybe Shogun might take this to the ground or vice versa. Or Anderson Silva jumps the Octagon and hits Shogun with a steel chair, at which point Chael Sonnen comes in and gives chase. Or Dana White does a Vince McMahon and screws either one. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

Who knows? We might need a Machida - Shogun 3 after all is said and done.

Shogun by RAZOR THIN decision. Machida - Shogun 3? I'd hit that.

Forrest Griffin has pulled out of his co-main event bout against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in UFC 114 on May 29 due to a shoulder injury. No replacement has been announced yet

Jason Brilz gets the call, and he will face Lil Nog in 114.

Quick Overall Results for 113:

John Salter def. Jason MacDonald (TKO R2 - injury)

Mike Guymon def. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (Unanimous Decision)

Joey Beltran def. Tim Hague (Unanimous Decision)

Johnny Hendricks def. TJ Grant (Majority Decision)

Marcus Davis def. Jonathan Goulet (TKO R2 - punches)

Joe Doerksen def. Tom Lawlor (Submission R2 - RNC)

Alan Belcher def. Patrick Cote (Submission R2 - RNC)

Matt Mitrione def. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (TKO R2 - punches)

Jeremy Stephens def. Sam Stout (Split Decision)

Josh Koscheck def. Paul Daley (Unanimous Decision; I'm also expecting Daley to be either suspended, cut from the UFC, or both.)

Mauricio Rua def. Lyoto Machida (KO R1 - punches; NEW CHAMPION CROWNED!)

***U P D A T E***

from MMA Live's UFC 113 Post Fight coverage: PAUL DALEY HAS BEEN CUT FROM THE UFC

Edited by Knucklehead7

i thought daley will congratulate koscheck when they both got up after the bell rang... and he threw a punch.. oh my.. hahaha

@kuya willie > hahaha.. don't be mean with machida fans... :D its a great revenge for rua though... im rooting for rua for that bout... and i never thought he will win VIA KO.. d@mn.. great strategy.. and a great power.. :)

Edited by chuckliddell