Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

probably, they got 3 pinoys fighting there now and what a way to welcome the UFC n the Philippines by having them fight in the main card this coming May 09 ^_^

Edward Folayang would be great as a fourth pinoy on a possible UFC Card. I would really love to see him in a fight with Spencer 'king' Fisher. hehehe. That'd be a barn burner for sure.

Edward Folayang would be great as a fourth pinoy on a possible UFC Card. I would really love to see him in a fight with Spencer 'king' Fisher. hehehe. That'd be a barn burner for sure.

yep that would be awesome, Spencer Fisher is one exciting fighter to watch as well and Folayang has really heavy hands ^_^

Never doubt anyone from the Lakay Team my friend. They've literally 'killed' anybody who has stepped in the ring or cage with them at every event they've fought in (well with the exception of Mark Sangiao getting knocked out by that fighter from China during the Art of War event but even so Mark was clearly dominating that fight before that high kick KO). Even competitors from overseas.

Amurao, Belingon, Kelly, George, Sangiao, Docyogen, even the late Dennis Cariño and of course Edward Folayang are freakishly strong with awesome conditioning.

Jerry Legaspi was clearly overmatched against Folayang. No offense to any Jerry Legaspi fans out there this is just for point of reference. I actually have students who train under me in UP beat this guy during wrestling tournaments. He was also submitted by Claude Santos during the last Dominacao Absoluta in just 48 seconds. His MMA credentials may be somewhat impressive but take note the only 'real' opposition he's been able to demolish so far was Philippine Wrestling Team mainstay Karlo Sevilla.

So in the strength, speed and conditioning department he clearly was overmatched against Folayang who I think is already a UFC caliber fighter. I don't even think Jerry Legaspi would last long against say an Adrian Hilana (former Fearless FC champ).

The win by Edward Folayang was impressive but it was made to 'look' even more impressive because he was matched up against someone who wasn't even in the same league as he is.

just to clarify i didn't underestimated folyang and any member of his group... Its just that i didn't knew him before... so curious lang naman ako, sabi ko sino ba to? Then a friend asked me to see URCC so i said cge thats when i saw folayang

I'm in favor of nog...

^mann... that's an ugly break. is this an injury common to muay thai fighters? I've seen it happen a couple of times already. is there a way to avoid this? (of course except for not doing leg kicks) :)

it's the Philippines vs. Mexico again... Nover vs. Escudero! MMA naman ngayon pero sana tayo pa rin manalo. :)

Edited by bRIX

Nover has a much brighter future than Escudero..Escudero made that match so frikkin boring..no one likes fighters like that.

Juny was damn impressive tho..and he was right bout the nover vs escudero match. he said escudero was goin to make it a boring wrestling match

I've seen it happen a couple of times already. is there a way to avoid this? (of course except for not doing leg kicks)

drink lots of milk

corey hill IMO had no business fighting at 155, being 6'+ at 155lbs is not a really good idea. the dude looked like Dhalsim.

props to Nover for fighting in the final, i'm sure we'll see a lot more of him in the future seeing that Dana really likes him.

Maybe it's time for Nover to change camps. I know he has loyalty with Team Insight but there are so many better (bigger) camps out there where he should be training with the best fighters and who has experience in preparing for a UFC fight just like what Junie Browning did when he trained at Extreme Couteur.

Edited by bRIX
yes

http://i33.tinypic.com/j58g03.jpg

Argh. Di kaya fractured na ung bone kaya napuputol siya? Napapahawak ako sa binti ko e.. Anyways, what d'you think of Fedor calling out Lesnar? Mukhang di magagawa ung fight kasi mukhang di isusugal ni White si Lesnar kay Fedor. Sobrang well rounded kc si Fedor e. Tsaka malaki rin sama ng loob ni White kay Fedor. I hope this fight gets made.

Argh. Di kaya fractured na ung bone kaya napuputol siya? Napapahawak ako sa binti ko e.. Anyways, what d'you think of Fedor calling out Lesnar? Mukhang di magagawa ung fight kasi mukhang di isusugal ni White si Lesnar kay Fedor. Sobrang well rounded kc si Fedor e. Tsaka malaki rin sama ng loob ni White kay Fedor. I hope this fight gets made.

Does anyone know why dana is pissed at fedor?

@Nover, Indeed I was right Nover I guess needs to improve his hands, sayang ang heavy hands nya... kng puro 1-2 punch lang sya....