Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Mir gets destroyed by Nog. period.

conditioning in MMA is essential. It is a basic skill that all fighters must have to not just be a winner but basically just to compete. It doesn't matter if your fights go the distance or not, if your body's not up to it, you will get hurt, badly.

I've never seen nog get subbed or knocked out. ever. Mir has got his bell rung a couple of times already, once by a really green Brandon Vera. Nog got pummeled and smashed to the ground by Bob Sapp, GnP'd almost halfway to his grave by Fedor (twice) and he still didn't go out. Plus I've never seen someone even get really get good positioning on Nog on the ground. No one has even come close to subbing Nog. Werdum is an ADCC champ too (like Traven), and he couldn't finish Nog. Besides great sport BJJ doesn't necessarily translate to great MMA ground skills.

Point is nobody has finished Nog, and Nog has fought the best, a prime Crocop, Fedor, Sylvia, Mark Coleman (back when coleman was still Top 10), Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, etc. this guy has been through them all, and he has never been stopped. If you look closely all his losses went to the judges, and most of them were split decisions too. This guy fights to the end and finishes on his feet, win or lose.

now look at who Frank Mir has fought. Tim Sylvia, Brandon Vera, Antoni Hardonk, Brock Lesnar, Pete Williams, Roberto Traven. Only Sylvia and Lesnar (by way of Couture) are considered Top 10. With all of his losses coming by way of TKO.

KO Power doesn't mean excellent stand up, Tank Abbott can KO virtually anyone on the planet, but his standup leaves a lot to be desired. same with Mir.

Mir has the same chance of surviving against Nog as an iceberg has a chance of making it through hell.

I really wont count out Mir's chances... If there is someone that can negate Minotauro, it would have to be someone like Mir, equally adept in BJJ (although not even close to Big Nog's skills), he will not be compared to BJ Penn for nothing, he is the Prodigy of the HW division... Nog-Mir will be like a chess match, a cerebral, "boring" game that will either go the distance or will end abrubtly...

But knowing Big Nog, he will just bide his time and wait for his opponent to gas out and square knot his opponents extremities on the way to a tap out victory. He is a god when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, anyone can crack his skull open and still he will perform submission moves without anyone seeing it coming...

But its MMA, or more specifically the UFC, and Im sure you have witnessed some upsets that seemed impossible to happen in the Octagon, especially on those glorified (read: HYPED) PRIDE fighters...

Anything can happen in MMA.

If it goes the distance, I would have to consider Mir... The only way to defeat Big NOG is via a decision (but a submission is not impossible, especially in MMA).

But Big Nog is not human.

A decision? How is Mir supposed to finish the whole five rounds and eek out a decision over someone as durable as Nogueira when his conditioning sucks so bad??

There's nothing in Mir's arsenal that can defeat Nog..

Nog's Jiu Jitsu is top notch and I dont really see Mir putting him in any submission..

Stand-up?? Mir does not have the same power as Sylvia and/or Herring who clearly rocked Nog in their fight but was not able to put him out..

So I guess it's safe to say that Nog will definitely win..

But hey, this is MMA, anything can happen right? hehe...

UFC 92 Weight in scuffle between Silva and Jackson

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8806/rampagewandle4.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/682/1046pc6.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/676/1052xb3.jpg

UFC 92 Stars Weigh IN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwUQIZjxY_k

UFC 92 Predictions:

Mir by submission/ref stoppage - Nog will cry after the fight for humiliation :evil:

Evans by Boring Decision

Silva by Brutal GnP

Kongo by KO

Edited by textickles
What the hell was wnad thinking? did he get it too much on his head? damn kids!

relax, boxers do it all the time to hype up the fight and make people think that there's really bad blood going into the fight

----------

Nog will in decisive fashion and educate noobs on how a real champion works.

UFC 92 Predictions:

Mir by Decision

Griffin by Decision

Silva by KO

some people here feels they know everything but always fails on prediction. what a f#&king idiot!!!

hey, easy with the language there buddy.

everyone is entitled here to their own opinion. everyone here has the right to post what they predict to be the outcome based on their analysis so there's really no need for comments like that here.

apart from that... some people who post on this thread have actually 'been there' i.e. have been in the URCC ring or the FFC octagon or have fought in an MMA amateur event or otherwise and know about the other 'intangibles' which go into what happens during an MMA fight and thus may offer somewhat of a better insight on what they think could be a fight's outcome.

bottomline is... let's just all respect everybody's opinion. hateful comments like that are uncalled for.

Edited by geneticfreak
hey, easy with the language there buddy.

everyone is entitled here to their own opinion. everyone here has the right to post what they predict to be the outcome based on their analysis so there's really no need for comments like that here.

apart from that... some people who post on this thread have actually 'been there' i.e. have been in the URCC ring or the FFC octagon or have fought in an MMA amateur event or otherwise and know about the other 'intangibles' which go into what happens during an MMA fight and thus may offer somewhat of a better insight on what they think could be a fight's outcome.

bottomline is... let's just all respect everybody's opinion. hateful comments like that are uncalled for.

well said buddy. just respect other people's opinion and just wait for the result.

i still think Big Nog will win via ref stoppage, griffin by decision and silva by ko.

no spoiler tomorrow until after the whole show please. :hypocritesmiley:

hey guys! does anyone know where i can watch UFC 92 tomorrow? i just moved apartment and i got destiny as cable provider. i don't want to miss the biggest UFC event of the year. will it be available in free tv or something or will be shown in any of the 100+ not so entertaining channels of destiny? thanks guys!

hey guys! does anyone know where i can watch UFC 92 tomorrow? i just moved apartment and i got destiny as cable provider. i don't want to miss the biggest UFC event of the year. will it be available in free tv or something or will be shown in any of the 100+ not so entertaining channels of destiny? thanks guys!

naku bro, BALLS channel on SkyCable i think is the only local carrier that will air UFC 92 live. (been that way since they got the rights from Solar Sports at the end of last year after Solar and the Sky Group parted ways). So if you can't watch at a friends house sa internet na lang siguro (some streaming sites show the telecast).

a replay of the telecast will be shown on studio 23 naman in the evening.