Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

all my bets lost as well, except for CB Dollaway and Kongo...

kala ko talo pa ako dun kay CB Dollaway buti na lang naka escape siya & ended up in mount ^_^

si Kongo medjo madumi din maglaro, mwehehehe nabigyan siya ng isa sa bayag ni Al Truk tapos ginantihan nya ng sadya tapos tinapos yung laban mwehehehe ibang klase, nakakatakot, ibang klaseng statement, kaso mukhang educated na tao siya ha, sabi ni Joe Rogan doctor daw yung erpats nya o erpats ba ni Al Turk yun? anyways lumiit katawan ni Kongo kaso ganun pa din ang power nya... i wonder kung kelan siya mahaharap kina Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Junior Dos Santos, etc?

never saw that KO coming, Nog got rocked and when he tried to stand up he was wobbling... wow ganda siguro ng training sa Striking Unlimited, i wonder how much hotlipsss is paying Ken Hahn for training her kids? ^_^

the thing that upsets me is, Rashad won again... calling Lyoto Machida... please stop that arrogant Evans... ewan ko ba kung bakit hindi ko magustuhan si Evans kahit magaling siya talaga. i mean he's got heavy hands and a wrestling pedigree kaso, ayaw ko talaga siya...

great end of the year show for the UFC, i hope this will send a message to WAMMA HW champ that the UFC HWs are no joke

a great way to end 2008!.. the Ultimate 2008 is one heckof a show!.. it lived up to its billing!

forrest had a lousy guard in the fight..

wandy got KTFO with a left hook...

mir destroyed big nog in a very very vicious way..

next thing will be rampage vs evans & mir vs lesnar 2!...

Dont worry! MMA Fighters payscale is getting up there, it will take time before it reaches the same amount as what the pro boxers make.

For me Rashad vs. Lyoto/T. Silva will be a good first title defense fight for him.

Rampage vs. Shogun Rua rematch is something I'd Love to see in 2009.

Sir RiceBoi! Ofcourse the training in Striking Unlimited is first class, Ken Hahn is one of the first Fairtex Muay Thai certified instructor in the US. Taining fee's I would guess should be around $100-$200/ a month. Way back in 2004 LV Combat Club offered unlimited training for both BJJ and kickboxing for $200 a month.

Mir really caught Nog offguard with that southpaw stance he had, like I said before Mir has KO power and now he proved he has good stand up!? Looks like he worked on his cardio/conditioning too, thank God! He was really prepared to go 5 rounds and edge out Nog and win via decision which he said his gameplan was but for me if the fight took longer it would be in Big Nog's favor. Lucky him he KO'd Nog on the second round. Mir vs. Brock in 2009! WarMir

Now Franklin vs. Hendo!? Hard to decide coz both fighters are good! this will be a close one but Im picking Hendo via KO!? Mga Sir whats your take in here!? Rua via KO on Coleman! Rampage vs Shogun Rua in 2009!

Fedor via sub on Arlovski! In Affliction 2! :thumbsupsmiley:

Dont worry! MMA Fighters payscale is getting up there, it will take time before it reaches the same amount as what the pro boxers make.

For me Rashad vs. Lyoto/T. Silva will be a good first title defense fight for him.

Rampage vs. Shogun Rua rematch is something I'd Love to see in 2009.

Sir RiceBoi! Ofcourse the training in Striking Unlimited is first class, Ken Hahn is one of the first Fairtex Muay Thai certified instructor in the US. Taining fee's I would guess should be around $100-$200/ a month. Way back in 2004 LV Combat Club offered unlimited training for both BJJ and kickboxing for $200 a month.

Mir really caught Nog offguard with that southpaw stance he had, like I said before Mir has KO power and now he proved he has good stand up!? Looks like he worked on his cardio/conditioning too, thank God! He was really prepared to go 5 rounds and edge out Nog and win via decision which he said his gameplan was but for me if the fight took longer it would be in Big Nog's favor. Lucky him he KO'd Nog on the second round. Mir vs. Brock in 2009! WarMir

Now Franklin vs. Hendo!? Hard to decide coz both fighters are good! this will be a close one but Im picking Hendo via KO!? Mga Sir whats your take in here!? Rua via KO on Coleman! Rampage vs Shogun Rua in 2009!

Fedor via sub on Arlovski! In Affliction 2! :thumbsupsmiley:

yep, really great gameplan for Mir on that fight, after the ref waived the fight off he was like looking for Brock and when he saw him he was saying you've got my belt hahaha asteg! ^_^

i saw a shy Nog in the fight though, Nog was like a bit gunshy in the fight, i mean i'm used to seeing him absorb a lot of punishment but not barely throwing a jab is something else... grats to Mir, but man talo ako ng 500 dahil dun ahehehe ^_^

i'd pick Ace over Hendo this time chief, they are both great fighters and i consider both of them to be in my favorite list, but there is something about a former math teacher turned MMA fighter that makes me root for Ace, ahehehe siguro kasi gusto kong maging ktulad nya and i know i could never be a Dan Hendo (ahehehe hindi naman ako naging member ng olympic team kasi) ahehehe

CB Dollaway showed good endurance in his fight, grabe he got rocked before the takedown but he was able to recuperate and end up in mount ^_^ i hope he gets a rematch with Amir Sadollah ^_^

I think big nog is not gunshy during the fight... he's very stiffed... uneasy right on the bell... its the worst beating he suffered in his long career.

we will be looking forward to next war between brock & mir sometime april 09.

yup he was stiff as a corpse... got KD 2 times in the 1st because of that, i guess he got thrown off his game plan when Mir went southpaw. Nog is a good boxer as well, but Mir out struck him 11 to 1 in that fight. i hope he recovers, breaks a couple of arms and legs and fights for the belt again.

although Lesnar VS Mir 2 will be pretty interesting. ^_^

Nog's still one of my heroes, Frank Mir just became one too ^_^ mwehehehe

i was thinking nog's strat was to tire out mir and submit him during the latter rounds..he got KTFO in the process. tsk tsk tsk

I think Fank mir adapted manny paciao, pacman vs. golden boy startegy wich is to take away the jab, and it seem that it disarmed nog...

was just surprised how little MMA fighters make compared to boxers. i know, it's all about marketing and which sport brings in more cash. it just doesnt seem fair.

the chronicle herald

Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Frank Mir all post wins at UFC 92

By NEIL DAVIDSON The Canadian Press

Sun. Dec 28 - 8:00 AM

LAS VEGAS — Rashad Evans dethroned light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin at UFC 92 Saturday night, taking away the title with some vicious ground and pound in the third round at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Elsewhere on the ``UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008'' mixed martial arts card before 14,103, Quinton (Rampage) Jackson knocked out Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva with one punch in the first round of their light-heavyweight grudge match and former heavyweight champion Frank Mir looked dominant in upsetting interim title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via second-round TKO.

Evans, 29, made US$190,000, including a $65,000 win bonus and $60,000 for fight of the night, while Griffin earned $160,000 including the fight bonus, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

The card drew a live gate of $3.47 million.

Jackson, 30, made $385,000, including a $100,000 win bonus and $60,000 for knockout of the night, while Silva collected $200,000, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva boasted at the pre-fight news conference that he would get the knockout of the night bonus. Instead, he got headache of the night.

Mir joins Fedor Emelianenko, Dan Henderson and Josh Barnett as the only men to beat Nogueira. Emelianenko did it twice. Mir also becomes the first man to stop Nogueira via TKO.

Mir made $90,000, including a $45,000 win bonus. Nogueira got $250,000, missing out on a $150,000 win bonus.

Those figures do not tell the whole financial story since the UFC does not disclose other bonuses and payments that may be in a fighter's contract. The organization's marquee fighters also may earn a slice of the lucrative pay-per-view take.

No dude in the u.s. this figures are already huge... Infact pag may 50k us dollars ka na may kaya ka na... considering us is in recession... malaki nayan..

how about ala pacquiao vs dela hoya style? george st pierre vs rashard evans? akyat lang ng bigat si GSP parang pacquiao at labanan si evans ala dela hoya.

GSP is not that quick...masyado mabilis si evans for gsp... but i think evans vs. lesnar is good... they both have speed.

Kawawa naman, hindi ba buntis si Mrs. Mir? :lol:

malamang ngayon oo hehehe i cant stop imagining how she looks like naked ang how preety her pussy is....

Can't agree more.. If Lyoto can win via decision, well that's just how he will win..

I'm eager to see if he will use his "Hit & Run" strategy against a super agressive fighter like Thiago Silva..

Well he probabbly will. Lyoto I'm sure would not like to stay in front of Thiago Silva even more so go and tangle with him on the ground. Thaigo's got great BJJ and a very strong base so if he ends up on top of Lyoto (either in mount or even within his guard) he's gonna take a lot of damage. Lyoto though has a respectable ground game himself (as seen during his choke out of highly touted Sokodjou last time).

Anyhow shameless plug muna. hehe. Team SPRAWL MMA has a new website:

http://sprawlmma.blogspot.com/

Kindly check us out (those especially who may be interested in training wrestling or MMA)

mir deserved to win against big nog, he dominated the stand-up & finished big nog convincingly; congrats to mir, bring on lesnar! :D

i really don't like how rashad fights but his win against griffin showed how powerful of a striker rashad really is; bring on rampage! i'll be rooting for jackson when he fights rashad :P

what a beautiful KO that rampage dished out against silva; that was one hell of a left hook; rampage just needs to refine his skills to become a top notch fighter..:)

i told you so... mir will win against nog! im just surprised in the way he won.. i thought it would be via ud or sub...

pero bad trip mali ako sa iba.. i was rooting for forrest and the axe murderer..

as to the machida fight.. dude machida has good ground game.. prbably equal to that of thiago or even better...BUT we won't see it.. as always he will dictate the fight and win via UD.. i sure hope he knocks thiago out and then fight for the title and win it all... its just a matter of time before he become the champ.. its either he gets a championship shot or get released by the ufc.. hell he will beat everyone int he lhw but dana doesnt want it coz mainstream fans don't appreciate him..

mir vs. brock 2 hmmm... survey a) mir will break lesnar's arm B) mir will break lesnar's leg c) mir will break lesnar's knee d) mir will break lesnar's neck e) mir will knock lesnar out... take your pick guys hehehe... sige na nga dagdag natin f) mir via UD wehehehehe

Edited by overman
i told you so... mir will win against nog! im just surprised in the way he won.. i thought it would be via ud or sub...

pero bad trip mali ako sa iba.. i was rooting for forrest and the axe murderer..

as to the machida fight.. dude machida has good ground game.. prbably equal to that of thiago or even better...BUT we won't see it.. as always he will dictate the fight and win via UD.. i sure hope he knocks thiago out and then fight for the title and win it all... its just a matter of time before he become the champ.. its either he gets a championship shot or get released by the ufc.. hell he will beat everyone int he lhw but dana doesnt want it coz mainstream fans don't appreciate him..

mir vs. brock 2 hmmm... survey a) mir will break lesnar's arm B) mir will break lesnar's leg c) mir will break lesnar's knee d) mir will break lesnar's neck e) mir will knock lesnar out... take your pick guys hehehe... sige na nga dagdag natin f) mir via UD wehehehehe

Sir Wala bang?! :thumbsupsmiley: G) All of the Above! Hahaha! WarMir!!!